43 coaches online • Server time: 12:55
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post FUMBBL HAIKU'Sgoto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post Gnome Roster - how a...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
SnakeSanders

Post   Posted: Aug 05, 2005 - 22:56 Reply with quote Back to top

Hey folks (again! Wink )

Ive been rather ill as of late so I cant go to work (ear and throat infection) so I painted up my Wood Elves (I had already one catcher painted) but I painted the entire team in 4 days Shocked

There is still some work to do (I need to give most of them green hairbands, and a little bit of tidying up to do) Im tempted to put names on the bases, but ill need a new brush for that Laughing Im going to paint chalk lines on the bases, but the glue needs to dry as well heh

I didnt want to do the same old colour that is green for the Woodies (even though I have seen immaculate green Wood Elf teams that I can only dream to reproduce, but anyway, I was playing Madden 2004 with my bro and he was the Oakland Raiders so I got hit with the inspiration!

What do you think? Interesting? Do you like Jordell? I havent got a tree yet, I was on the lookout for a WFB Tree as I have Deeproot coming in the post, but I might not get one, as Woodies are going to lose the Tree in the vault, so Ill wait a while and see

I took these shots at nighttime as Im too impatient to wait until morningtime heh.

Thanks for looking and leave comments, good or bad Smile
Darkwolf

Post   Posted: Aug 05, 2005 - 23:00 Reply with quote Back to top

I like em! More manly woodies than others I have seen painted.

Post   Posted: Aug 05, 2005 - 23:00 Reply with quote Back to top

the look very nice, which is a good thing to do on camera, usually the details r very picked out but urs are really nice, well done rob, so very nice models and nice camera skills lol

Post   Posted: Aug 05, 2005 - 23:01 Reply with quote Back to top

It's amazing what can be accomplished in NI. In addition producing huge social problems and religious biases, it has created an artist beyond imanigination. You rob, are talented.

Well, actually I think their outfits are bit too dark. Theis whole complexion is bit too dark, if you ask me. Brighten your boys up! Smile

Last edited by MrMojo on %b %05, %2005 - %23:%Aug; edited 1 time in total
Karhumies

Post   Posted: Aug 05, 2005 - 23:04 Reply with quote Back to top

They just don't look...wussy enough!

They are nicely painted, but they look much more like dark elves than woodies IMO...

Gumbo

Post   Posted: Aug 05, 2005 - 23:12 Reply with quote Back to top

I dont think there is any such thing as 'supposed to look like'. They look gritty battle hardened and well detailed. I'm looking to buy a painted set as i may start up playing real life. Ill be sure to look you up with a 'commission' for painting my minis.

Post   Posted: Aug 05, 2005 - 23:16 Reply with quote Back to top

I think all "wood" elves should be painted in earth tones..... Kind of goes with the whole idea behind them Razz They are painted ok though, just not to my taste.
simme

Post   Posted: Aug 05, 2005 - 23:16 Reply with quote Back to top

Well done rob and welcome to the darkside of the forest
hunter

Post   Posted: Aug 05, 2005 - 23:26 Reply with quote Back to top

Very nice as always, Rob- nice work! Smile

Post   Posted: Aug 05, 2005 - 23:29 Reply with quote Back to top

Great job, I especially like the cold riveted iron mask on the wardancer and the old hand hammered weathered look to Jordell's armor.

My modest paint job for wood elves was white and light grey with different colored shoulder pad for the lineman to better distinguish them than just a tiny number. I tried to give them a ghost-like or phantom appearance (the haunted forest)...but they just look like they're in their PJs.

You however, did quite well.

Post   Posted: Aug 05, 2005 - 23:34 Reply with quote Back to top

Well... They're good but... They look like they're ready to eat some orcs for breakfast, and I don't think that's too wood elfish... El fish Very Happy
Rebholz

Post   Posted: Aug 05, 2005 - 23:38 Reply with quote Back to top

they look great- and its perfect that the raiders were your insiration, cause they are a bunch of nancies just like elves.
SnakeSanders

Post   Posted: Aug 06, 2005 - 12:37 Reply with quote Back to top

Rebholz wrote:
they look great- and its perfect that the raiders were your insiration, cause they are a bunch of nancies just like elves.

Laughing Laughing

Ive done up my Dwarves in Blue... (like all my Humanish teams! Wink ) but Ill wait until I get 4 more Longbeards and Grim Ironjaw (already have the Deathroller

My Pro Elves are 1/4 done and they have Green shirts/ Brown trousers and the NAF symbol on their shirts (more like a pro BB team)

Chaos are almost done but they are a traditional red/black/silver scheme, but I have a few Abel Xavier Beastmen European footie fans will know what I mean

Skaven - I have to do a few linerats but most of them are done and I got a few mutants as well - Still waiting on Headsplitter and Hakflem, They are sporting Green/Red and Brown fur

Ill soon have 19 full teams so to have them all fully painted will be a great achievement for me (seeing that I'm so impatient)

@ Gumbo - I painted a team for my flatmate last year (Mr__Wizard) for free but Im sure I could do one for you, I dont know the going rates, but I'll need to get new brushes and paints as they are totally knackered!
I dont know how much they would be worth per mini, but I paint really quickly, that team was done in 4 days, about 15-20 hours work for 21 minis Shocked
Bear in mind the only reason I got them done this week was because I was ill, this summer I have been working 6 days a week and Ive loads of commitments in the evenings, but in a month when I go back to college, things will be a lot easier Smile

Last edited by SnakeSanders on %b %06, %2005 - %12:%Aug; edited 1 time in total
thechosenone

Post   Posted: Aug 06, 2005 - 12:42 Reply with quote Back to top

Rob Im shocked. These elves don't look like they have just come out of a gay parade.

I fear them!!!

Post   Posted: Aug 06, 2005 - 13:19 Reply with quote Back to top

If you are going to get the treeman check WHFB Dryads first.

These fellas are more handy in BloodBowl because of their small size (fit in a square prone).. not like they will ever fall Razz

- rale
 Jump to: