65 coaches online • Server time: 16:58
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post Pro Bloodlustgoto Post Gnome Roster - how a...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
sk8bcn

Post   Posted: Aug 06, 2005 - 13:07 Reply with quote Back to top

http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=group&op=view&group=2634

I am building it up. It's not done currently but the goal would be to have a free league with quick plays on 2 on 2. More news coming up soon!

Post   Posted: Aug 17, 2005 - 14:28 Reply with quote Back to top

2 Ball is a championship to have fun and quick games. Did you never hoped on a place were 15mins a game was possible? That's 2Ball. Think about it: 2 players, 10 secs to think on their moves 5 secs to move them, 30 secs a turn at max!

2Ball is a tournament of 2 on 2, divided in divisions of 12 coaches. So your team only consists of 2 players.
It's open round robin. A round starts at the beginning of a month and end at the beginning of a new month. (which might change in 15 days after all)
It's somehow like faction.

How to make a team: create 2 player teams without SPP that could be done with 1000k. So you can create a new U team and retire players or take an existing one, where you retire all guys except 2 SPPless players. If your FF is 10+ or you if you couldn't create the team under regular team creation rules, it's invalid.
e.g. wood elves with 2 wardancers 9FF and 4 rerolls and an apo can't be created with 1000k.

How to play?

You can arrange games vs your opponent in the group however you want and play them. After 15 days or a month (not decided yet), the round is over. The four best teams stage up in division, the four lower stage down.

This will end up by high division consisting in the most active coaches, like in faction.

In the lowest division, if you fail to complete 1 game during 2 consecutive rounds your out. If you don't play in upper divisions you simply stage down.

You are supposed to play your opponents and not cherrypick BUT I won't enforce that. It's a matter of confidence. If coach X avoids your 2 Claw+RSC+tentacles by giving excuses like "I don't have time", there will be no penalty given to him, even if it's an abuse of the system.

Why will there be no penalty? Well, how can I judge if there is deliberate not to play coach X or if he really couldn't?

The 12 first subscribes will constitute division 1.
The 12 seconds will constitute division 2......

Post   Posted: Aug 17, 2005 - 14:44 Reply with quote Back to top

Sounds like lots of fun!

Just two questions : Can you freeboot if you have less than 2 players for the match? Is it a LRB teams only tourney?

Soren - Back Judge, The Reformed Church of Nuffle
xen7ric

Post   Posted: Aug 17, 2005 - 14:49 Reply with quote Back to top

There already is 2x2 league (round robin) available and it's a lot of fun.

Games last about 20 minutes. I'd love to get involved in a structured version of the league I play though (hint, hint Wink ).

Sk8bcn, I suggest you check it out, the link is -

http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=group&op=view&group=2427

I can really recommend limiting the teams to only 1 of any player type and banning Wizards. Otherwise, I'll probably see you there. Mr. Green
sk8bcn

Post   Posted: Aug 17, 2005 - 15:17 Reply with quote Back to top

yes I heard about it and actually already traded pms with Taff' about it. But I am concerned about the fact Taff' told me we wanted to quit and, even if I took back some tournaments were owner left, I never played in it, so I feel like I am not the one able to take it back.

to answer to Soren:
-maybe I will disallow stars. It's already too powerfull in 5 on 5. I prefer not imagine in 2 on 2.
-in case of MNG, I think that freebooting and even buying will be allowed:
so you have your 31 SPP block-tackle-sure hand out. You buy a new guy and he get's 6 SPPs: +str.

now you have 3 players and 1 to retire. Just who?

Question to Xen: why dissallowing wizards? why disallowing 2 players of same time? i'm rather sure it's born out of experience so could you share it with me?

Post   Posted: Aug 17, 2005 - 15:22 Reply with quote Back to top

sk8bcn wrote:
to answer to Soren:
-maybe I will disallow stars. It's already too powerfull in 5 on 5. I prefer not imagine in 2 on 2.

Actually I meant races... e.g. are chaos halfling etc. allowed or only the teams desribed in the LRB?

Soren - Back Judge, The Reformed Church of Nuffle
sk8bcn

Post   Posted: Aug 17, 2005 - 15:31 Reply with quote Back to top

I would say open to every team, else someone find a really good counter-argument.

Post   Posted: Aug 17, 2005 - 18:08 Reply with quote Back to top

MUHAHAHA! My 2 treemen team will rule ALL!
That's why you need to make it max 1 of each position... ok maybe not :p
I'll probably make a team shortly and join up Smile
sk8bcn

Post   Posted: Aug 17, 2005 - 22:19 Reply with quote Back to top

cool!!!!

I admit 2 werewolves can be frightening but, on a other side, at any injury their out and can't play with a niggling.

Post   Posted: Aug 18, 2005 - 01:05 Reply with quote Back to top

I got a question here, if you don't have 24 entries, would it be possible to have 2 teams per coach, one in each division?
Korenn

Post   Posted: Aug 18, 2005 - 02:15 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm not a very experienced coach, but 2-on-2 looks like a lot of fun!
Minsc and Boo are ready to fight evil and score touchdowns.
sk8bcn

Post   Posted: Aug 18, 2005 - 08:39 Reply with quote Back to top

Mikhar_the_Undead wrote:
I got a question here, if you don't have 24 entries, would it be possible to have 2 teams per coach, one in each division?

that could be feasible but I guess at a special condition.

If team 1 stages down, the second is off until you stage up again.

Post   Posted: Aug 18, 2005 - 09:03 Reply with quote Back to top

will there be any restricted handicaps? like "morleys" or "i'm the greatest"
Cloggy

Post   Posted: Aug 18, 2005 - 09:18 Reply with quote Back to top

/me grumbles a little about even more guys in the record lists who's only real acievement is getting the MVP all the time.........

Grumble..........

Post   Posted: Aug 18, 2005 - 09:40 Reply with quote Back to top

at spacemanspiff: yes I think some should be banned.

at Cloggy:there is a real demand for a 5on5 or 4on4 or 2on2 division that is constantely ignored. If it's introduce, then it's end of the problem.