63 coaches online • Server time: 17:58
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Exempt teamsgoto Post 7s for fummbl?goto Post Gnomes are trash
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
sk8bcn

Post   Posted: Aug 18, 2005 - 22:46 Reply with quote Back to top

division 1 done division 2 starts when 12 new applys comes. Come on and join!

ps: my first game took me 10 minutes! so it's perfect format for just a little game.

Post   Posted: Aug 19, 2005 - 09:58 Reply with quote Back to top

whats the feeling on wizards?
sk8bcn

Post   Posted: Aug 19, 2005 - 10:05 Reply with quote Back to top

well I was told to ban them. But I have no opinion about it. Overpowered? Not overpowered? I don't know what's the group feeling? Try or not?

Post   Posted: Aug 19, 2005 - 10:23 Reply with quote Back to top

sk8bcn wrote:
well I was told to ban them. But I have no opinion about it. Overpowered? Not overpowered? I don't know what's the group feeling? Try or not?

Based on experience in 4 vs 4 I would think a lot of cash would need spending. So wizards in many games.... I've only ever used a wizrd once so I don't know how overpowered they'll be.

Soren - Back Judge, The Reformed Church of Nuffle
xen7ric

Post   Posted: Aug 19, 2005 - 11:43 Reply with quote Back to top

The reason wizards were banned in the 2x2 I play is the risk of them being overpowered. 2x2 is often decided in the first 2 turns if a player is taken off the pitch by injury.

Think of T1, first action, lightning bolt takes down 1 player. Then you have a 2 die block (your stronger player + helper) and you have flattened the other team. Finally you still have 1 player left and if he's got DP you have a good change of deciding the game before the other player has moved.

We didn't actually play with them though so I don't know how true that would actually be. You also have to remember that if your opponent has minimise his TR (as I always did) then by using wizards you will be giving away penalties for TR difference.

So, to the other question. Why did the other tourney ban 2 players of the same type?

Better question. I woud actually prefer not to. Here is the logic though, 2 Ogres on an Ogre team, 2 Wardancers on Wood Elves... Some combinations are very powerful, particularly Wardancers have a big advantage in the first couple of games.

Personally though, I wouldn't ban duplicate players. I really wanted to move to 2 Block, Dauntless, Tackle (oh yeah, and Shadowing...) Gutter Runners. The ball handling ability would be incredible.

Sk8bcn. It's your tourney, I don't think either of these are really going to break the game so it could be an idea to run the first leg of the tourney with both of these and see what happens, you can always ban them later.
sk8bcn

Post   Posted: Aug 19, 2005 - 12:02 Reply with quote Back to top

For 2 same type of players, we started and it doesn't seem to be overpowered. Or better said, I expect some teams never to be created (e.g. Khemris).

Then after, 2 on 2 is definitely just for fun, not supposed to be competitive. I mean even a dead player isn't that horrible. 2 games and the new guy has gotten 2 skills. Wizard could add to the fun. I would be for a try, but this depends on what people thinks.

Hey, it's my tourney but it's for everybody's fun. Not just mine. Smile

Post   Posted: Aug 19, 2005 - 13:57 Reply with quote Back to top

We now have a channel for the group #2ball come to find the games!

Post   Posted: Aug 23, 2005 - 11:24 Reply with quote Back to top

I need 8 more applies for a division 2. Division 1 runs quick and fair. So join, meet us in our channel!

Post   Posted: Aug 25, 2005 - 08:04 Reply with quote Back to top

I am in with my two cents... äh, rats.
sk8bcn

Post   Posted: Aug 26, 2005 - 11:17 Reply with quote Back to top

bb lfc

(bowlbot looking for coaches Razz )

Post   Posted: Aug 27, 2005 - 13:17 Reply with quote Back to top

will there be any handicaps banned in the next season? i havent found anything back in the guidelines
sk8bcn

Post   Posted: Oct 07, 2005 - 12:46 Reply with quote Back to top

debate over wizard is up again.

So what's the general feeling about them?

Post   Posted: Oct 07, 2005 - 12:54 Reply with quote Back to top

It would be good for all ST3-teams, but it might make for alot of rather boring games.

Today Is A Good Day For Someone Else To Die!
-- (Terry Pratchett, Feet of Clay)
f0rd

Post   Posted: Oct 07, 2005 - 13:01 Reply with quote Back to top

i am against it, but willing to try it out

as xenric said before: it is probably to powerful and might end games before they beun for one player

Post   Posted: Oct 07, 2005 - 13:52 Reply with quote Back to top

i think it will be too powerful, and its certainly wont help my team, but I say lets give it a go
 Jump to: