38 coaches online • Server time: 01:38
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Vamps win another ma...goto Post 1150 - OWA TT Tourna...goto Post SWL Season 100!
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
SnakeSanders

Post   Posted: Oct 03, 2005 - 21:03 Reply with quote Back to top

I found the rules for Brewhouse Bash on the net (with much difficulty!). Looks like great fun to play, there is a board of a pub available for download but I think we can get a more BB'ish game out of it, more like...

"After a hard game, two Orc teams go to relax in a pub and fight with the locals, only to discover that they have chosen the same pub!
Abuse is hurled from each side (as well as more unpleasant things too...) and the two sides that they will settle there differences in a "proper" match, as there is "no stinkin ref" to spoil their fun!

You could litearlly go to town on the rules, using range rulers for throwing beer glasses, as many fouls as you want, when touchdowns scored, the half doesnt end, but ball is thrown back out, use tables to jump off, more projectile range, and throw people into Very Happy

Anyway, here are the rules, any suggestions are welcome, and I can set about drawing up BB rules for them Smile Thanks

Rob

Quote:

BREWHOUSE BASH!

Or: "Oi, Who d'ya fink yer lookin' at!"

Drunk Bar brawl Mayhem, edited and improved by Daan de Bruijn, with a lot of thanks to Hive Novio And many many thanks to Skwik and Squiggoth because of their squigs or something.

There are two things that everybody love, A pint of fungus beer and a good punch up! Now both are combined in the brewhouse bash game. Will you be the last man standing or will you get pound into the floor by your mates? What will Other races do to themselves and to others?

It's every habitue for himself!
The Brewhouse bash is a game for any number of players, in fact, we've found that the more players you have, the rowdier and more fun it gets! The object of the game is simple - you are quitly sitting in a bar and you're enjoying your beer when a fight breaks out. Being drunk or just completely stupid you charge in to the fray and so a massive scrap develops. The game ends when all but one of the hooligans have slumped unconcious to the floor, leaving the last drinker standing as the winner!

Setting up
First of all, you need to allocate the number of starting wounds for every warrior that is in. Each player starts with a random number of starting wounds. Eg: An orc has D3+4 wounds. The number of wounds represents the amount of bashin' a player can take before they slump into unconciousness. (yeah yeah, D3 doesn't excist: Roll a d6 instead: 1-2 = 1, 3-4 = 2, 5-6 = 3)

Each player then rolls one skill on his own skill table. This gives the warrior a special ability which he is likely gonna need to survive. Take note of what skill the player has and jot them down on a piece of paper along with the starting wounds. Each player then rolls a D6, highest scorer will move first, then clockwise on. Put yer dude anywhere in the bar (except skaven and dwarfs who have their on deployment spot) After deployment: Let the Bashin' Begin!

Actions
During their turn, each player can either perform two actions or make one action and use their skill. You can perform these in any order and can repeat the same action twice if you like, but you cannot use your skill more then once during a single turn. The following actions are possible:

Move: A player may move up to 3 squares. You can move in any direction including diagonally, but cannot pass through the walls ofcourse! If you want to jump up onto the bar, a table, or any other object, roll a D6. Anything but a 1 is good. If you roll a 1 the move action ends and you fall flat on yer face in the square you wanted to move to.

Climb: When climbing you can either climb the main stairs, the basement stairs or other "climbing features".

Stand up: If you fell on the floor it takes a stand up action to shake your head clear and stagger back yo your feet.

Crawl along the floor: An Action for a cowardly snotling! You can crawl along the floor on your hands and knees for one square. This is the only action you can perform while on the floor (besides from standing up).

Pick up: If you are in a square adjected to a square with an item on it you can pick it up. You can't make a bash or pile-on action while holding items you can pick up. Place the item on the base so it symblolizes you hold the item.

Throw Item: You can throw items up to D6 squares. If this reaches another player the item is broken on his head and is removed from play. Make a roll on the Bash Table if the item hits. If not hit it will crash into the floor, roof, Fireplace or whatever and is destroyed. If you roll over the number of squares to hit someone, (eg. The enemy orc is 4 squares away and you throw 4, 5 or 6) you hit him. This is a bit more cleared up from the original version.

Bash wif Item: Once you have picked up an item, you can either throw it (see above) or you can use it to give your opponent a severe smack in the head! When you hold an item, and you decide to use it to bash, you will get +1 on your BASH table(eg. You roll a 4, then you acctually get a 5, knocking your opponent down and knocking off a wound).

Bash: If you are standing next to another player you can make a bash attack. Just swing with your big fists! Roll on the Bash table below and apply the result immidiatly. If you are standing on a table or on the bar or any elevated position and you are attacking someone on the floor, you can add +1 to your dice roll. If your opponent is on a higher position then you are, You get -1 to bash. And ofcourse: you can't hit enemies on the balcony.

BASH Table:
DICE ROLL WHAT? HUH?
1-2 OOF! No effect Air has a lot of pain
3-4 BASH! Knocked on the ground, lie the model down in the square where you've hit him.
5-6 Kick da boot in! Knock your opponent on the floor and kick him when he's down! Brute! Lie the wounded model flat on his face and knock of a wound.

Diving leap: This action enables you to leap up to d3+1 squares if you are standing on the table, the bar or any other object. If you are suicidal enough to want to leap from the balcony you can jump D6+1 Square. If you land on another Player you cause an immidiate pile on attack (see the Pile on! Table below). Resolve the attack and then move yourself to any adjected, vacant square. Leaping from the balcony also causes double wounds to yourself or the poor unfortunate beneath you, as the case maybe. If you jump on an empty square, you are knocked down and resolve pile-on on yourself. Furthermore, if you roll to much squares or to few squares to land on an other orc, you have some bad luck and you will pile on on yourself. You need to roll the exact number on the dice. There is a price to pay when you want to kill somebody instead of knockin him out.

Pile-on: If you are standing next to a player who is already lying on the floor, you can pile on. This is a far more vicious attack then a Bash as you are kicking someone who is already down! You can also make a pile on attack if you make a divin leap as we already noted. If you are insane enough to dive from the balcony you will cause double wounds on the enemy, but also on your self if you miss. Once you have piled on! On to somebody, you are on the ground yourself (imagine a hulk hogan jump from the table with elbow down). You will have to spend another action to get back upon your feet again.

Pile on table:
D6 Roll What? Huh?
1 Ouch! While in mid-air you get a knee in the danglies! You are knocked down and take a wound!
2-5 Put the boot in! Enemy loose a wound by share weight of boot. If you've just performed a Divin leap or been thrown then they are also knocked down.
6 Give em Kickin! Same as above, but causes 2 wounds!

Having No more wounds: Eventually after you've been kicked and pummelled by your best mates, your poppetje will have no more wounds left and at this point you slumped onconscious on the floor. On each subsequent turn, roll a D6. On a Roll of 6, you stagger back to your feet and start shouting: "Come on then! I'll 'ave ya! I'll take you all on!"
You can carry on fighting and moving normally but only have one wound left. As soon as you take another wound you slide in unconsciousness again until you rolled another 6!
Unconscious models are treated as an object and can be moved over them on a D6 roll of 2+. Also, you can pick up and throw unconscious models just as you could throw other items. You cannot, however, use them to get +1 on the BASH! Table. Once an unconscious character has been thrown, resolve a pile on attack and lie him down in an adjected square.
If you carry an unconscious model and he wakes up, you are in trouble. The model awakens and kicks you, punches you, and does all kinds of things you don't like. Resolve a pile on attack on the carrying model immidiatly.

Ending the Game:
The game ends when there is only one player left standing! Da winna!
Everyone staggers to the bar, orders more fungus Beer and it all starts again!
If you want to play the campaign version of the game, then the winning player gets 2 rolls on the skill table next time cos the'z 'Arder! (and more experienced in barfighting!) Easy innit?

Using other characters then orcs
Orcs aren't the only inhabitants of "Da Lokal Pub". Goblins, Snotlings, dwarfs, skaven and even Squigs will be seen in a bar, brought along by Orcs as friends, pets or slaves or working in the bar... as pets or slaves....

THE ORC ITSELF!
Starting wounds: D3+3

Special: none. The orc is the most common visitor in the bar.

Orc Skill Table
D6 Roll Name What?
1 Weep Like a weedy Gobbo! Although distasteful, the "Weep like a weedy Gobbo!" ability allows you to fall to your knees and press your hands to your ears crying "Don't hit me! Don't hit me!" So pitiable and outright sickening is this display that a model attempting to attack you ,until your next turn, must first roll a 4, 5 or 6 on a D6. Declare that the model is going to attack (in any way whatsoever, like throwing bottles, piling on, throwing other Orcs in your general direction and stuff…) before rolling the dice. A Weeping model is being placed face down on the floor and may only crawl, stand up or Weep again as his next Action.
2 I'm Dead 'Ard You have the uncanny ability to stay on your feet despite being punched, kicked or having bottles thrown at you! Roll a D6 every time you receive a Knock Down result on the Bash or Pile On tables. On a 4+ you manage to stay on your feet, although Wounds are applied normally!
3 Oi! Come 'ere! "Oi come 'ere!" allows you to move a model up to 3 squares using the normal rules. If you want the model to climb on an obstacle he must first pass a normal test by rolling anything but a 1 on a D6!
4 Did you spill my pint? Enraged by the fact that someone spilled your fungus beer, you roam the bar room looking for the git who knocked your arm. You must combine this skill with a Bash or Pile On Action in a single attack, and so cannot do anything else for that turn. "Did You Spill My Pint" allows you to add +1 to your Bash or Pile On dice roll, though a natural 1 is still a 1 and a natural 6 is still a 6!
5 Pick up an' throw If you are standing adjacent to another model you can attempt to pick him up and throw him across the room! Roll a D6. On a roll of 4, 5 or 6 you manage to pick him up. You can now throw him D3 squares. If they collide with a solid obstacle the movement stops, and if they collide with another model the thrown model lands in the original square of the target and the target model is pushed back 1 square. The thrown model automatically suffers a Bash result when he lands, models he's thrown into suffer a Pile On attack.
6 Poke in da eye Quick, before he turns his head! Jab him in the eye with your fingers! Yeah, go on, it feels nice and squishy in there, scrabble around a bit! Your opponent howls in fury and cries like a baby Gobbo. With tears streaming from their eyes they can only make 1 Action in their next Turn.

THE D-D-D-DWARF
Starting wounds: D3+4

Special:
Plzzz, Juzzzt ONE more!: Alcohol breaks more then you love! 2 squares random movement. (use the template and D. The bash table differes slightly from that of Orcs. 1,2,3 is the "miss!" Result, . 4,5 is the "Knocked down" result. 6 is the "kick da Boot in!" Result.
Iron Skull: Ignores wounds on a 5+
Deployment: Always will start at the bar

Dwarf Skill Table:
D6 Name What?

1 Dead 'Ard You don't even know what falling down is anymore! Though drunk, you can fall down faster then a normal 'dead 'ard orc'. Avoid knock down on 5+, damage as normal
2 I'lz Come'n Getz jah! Yeah...know you've done it! You said something about the shirt of the dwarf! And now he gets +1 movement! The dwarf player may even choose which direction he goes in that movement!
3 Drunk Control (somehow anyway) You are so old, so much beer, you know how to handle yourself! Roll when you want to move. On a 4+ you can move without randomizing
4 Plz Die! Dwarfs have a knack of refusing to die. After 0 wounds, get back on a 1 or a 2 instead of a 1.
5 Not the beard! Oeee, Someone touched yer beard! Bash table is normal again! Get 'im Lad!
6 BUUUUURP! ....And he just sipped his coke... The Dward Will not attack and cannot be attacked for one turn. Damn that stinks! Cannot be your second action.

THE GOBBO
Starting wounds: D3+1

Special:.
Cry babies: Every Goblin automatically has the "Weep like a Weedy Gobbo" Skill, as well as a second Skill which is determined by rolling on the Goblin "Skill" Table below. Note that may still use only one Skill per turn!
Cry? NICE! *stab!*: "Weep like a Weedy Gobbo" has no effect on Goblins - they'll more than happily kick someone lying down weeping.

Goblin "skill" table.
D6 Roll Name What?
1 Snifflin' Snotling You are so sad....SO sad...Even goblins won't hit you when you are sniffling that bad!
2 Short Legs, innit?: Being small has the proper effects...sometimes... You can "save" any bash or pile on wound (!) made on you by rolling either a 5 or a 6 on a D6.
3 Leggit! This goblin has been an veteran bloodbowl player! He can run like a catcher and may move 2 extra squares when "just moving".
4 Scary growl: Obviously, you watched the lion king one time too many. You try to be scary as hell! Every creature in an adjected square do one step back. (go to an empty square). Squigs are not frightened at all and so will not step back.
5 Trip Up: Annoying as a goblin can be, he bunny-hops over everybody in the room!. When using this skill you can use a creature to do a pile on on the next creature. Eg. When two orcs are bashing eachother, you can "trip up" over the first orc and you pile on on the second orc.
6 Me A Little Bit Dead 'Ard You can avoid knock down on a 5+. You still will get the normal wound effects though.

DA-POINTY-TEETH-WIF-CLAW-BEASTY a.k.a. THE SQUIG
Starting wounds: D3+3

Speziul:
Is That a Tear? "Weep like a Weedy Gobbo" has no effect on Squigs - they'll bite anything, standing, lying down, being a table, nothing will be spared.
I can see my house from up here! All Squigs move D6 squared instead of 3, roll every time AFTER you've declared a Move Action to see how far your Squig will travel this time.
No Paws: Squigs can't pick up or use stuff like chairs and bottles.

There are many different types of Squig, and therefore you must roll on the What Kinda Skwik is THAT den? Table to determine your Squig's particular "Skill".

What Kinda Skwik is THAT den? Table
D6 Roll Wud Squig? Description in the Squigly-book
1 Cave Squig Wild as you are, you will never be tamed! You can make one furiouso attack. To resolve this, add +1 to your bash table.
2 Bar Squig You are so used to being in a barfight. You know exactly when someone is about to strike. You may avoid a BASH! Hit on a roll of a 5 or 6
3 Bone Squig The hippest of squigs! You get one starting wound less, but you raise on a 5 or 6 when you are unconscious!

4 Scud Squig No squig on the world can jump more accurate then you can! When you leap off from a balcony you do not need to roll the exact numbers of squares. Rolling the same amount of squares or over is enough (eg. If aan orc is 4 squares away, rolling 3 or more will hit him instead of just 3... Remember the +1 when you jump off from a balcony).

5 Fart Squig Fart Squigs produce a brilliant smell. Nobody may attack the squig this turn. But this will cost you 2 actions instead of one.

6 Housemaid Squig Housemaid Squigs are hot! The Housemaid Squig may pick up items and spew them at other models.
jimimothybodles

Post   Posted: Oct 03, 2005 - 21:42 Reply with quote Back to top

This looks great!

but what i dont understand:

1 where did this come from?

2 what are you planning on doing? how will you make it more like BB?

3 why make it more like bb? this seems like a good enough game already!

/me ignorant.

SnakeSanders

Post   Posted: Oct 03, 2005 - 21:51 Reply with quote Back to top

BB is the only game I play Wink
Seppuku

Post   Posted: Oct 03, 2005 - 21:52 Reply with quote Back to top

Hey, I found this great game after delving through the records down at the library...funny game, you kick (yes, that's kick!) a silly pig's bladder that's been filled with air! Two teams of eleven players 'kick' in opposite directions, and there's a wooden box frame thingy at each end, and you try to kick the bladder through these.....sounds wierd to me.

Anyway, i'm trying to jazz it up a bit, and give it a whole lot more "Blood Bowl" feel to the whole thing...generate some fluff, different stats on the players or something...

Or, alternatively, I could leave the troll feeding to buur.

Post   Posted: Oct 03, 2005 - 21:58 Reply with quote Back to top

Brownrob. Where is the board? I wanna play!!! Macavity vs Macavity vs Macavity vs Macavity!!!!

Post   Posted: Oct 03, 2005 - 22:15 Reply with quote Back to top

Well, this isnt the "official" board, but its pretty good Smile

http://www.creatish.com/core/sam/lord_of_the_boards/pictures/xmpl/BAR.jpg

You can order a free pitch by emailing [url]mailto:order@lordoftheboards.cjb.net?subject=Order a pitch:[/url]
Gran

Post   Posted: Oct 03, 2005 - 23:38 Reply with quote Back to top

Haha, nice link there...

Well, on to what you were on about. If you like to play BB in a pub, why don't you just take the rules for Dungeonbowl and modify them to suit the pub environment, so to speak? Isn't a good pub very much like a dungeon, after all...

Today Is A Good Day For Someone Else To Die!
-- (Terry Pratchett, Feet of Clay)
torsoboy

Post   Posted: Oct 04, 2005 - 00:05 Reply with quote Back to top

I like it Smile

Post   Posted: Oct 04, 2005 - 03:03 Reply with quote Back to top

it sounds cool, but surely there are other races in the local? and what the hell are squigs doing inna pub???

"Now that's an esophagous!"
SnakeSanders

Post   Posted: Oct 04, 2005 - 09:51 Reply with quote Back to top

It was originally intended as a GorkaMorka spinoff, bt BB folk seem to play it too, so I was thinking a BB adaptation using Blocking dice and range rulers would be cool Smile How cool would it be to have Fungus the Loon and a chainsaw running amok in a pub!
lamby16

Post   Posted: Oct 04, 2005 - 12:08 Reply with quote Back to top

[quote="brownrob"]I found the rules for Brewhouse Bash on the net (with much difficulty!).

I've just been having a luck and i cant find the rules anywhere. I htink this would be such a cool game to play with a few mates, although i think there should be rules for Humans, Elves etc to give it a bit more playability. Apparantly it was given away free with White Dwarf, so you might be able to order it!
Ironik

Post   Posted: Oct 04, 2005 - 12:32 Reply with quote Back to top

[quote="lamby16"]
brownrob wrote:
I found the rules for Brewhouse Bash on the net (with much difficulty!).

I've just been having a luck and i cant find the rules anywhere. I htink this would be such a cool game to play with a few mates, although i think there should be rules for Humans, Elves etc to give it a bit more playability. Apparantly it was given away free with White Dwarf, so you might be able to order it!

AHH Now I do remember down was it down in the 90?
U sure it was a spin off of GorkaMorka? Because that one should be more WH40K...
lamby16

Post   Posted: Oct 04, 2005 - 12:38 Reply with quote Back to top

[quote="Ironik"]
lamby16 wrote:
brownrob wrote:

U sure it was a spin off of GorkaMorka? Because that one should be more WH40K...

It was issue number 233 i think
Ironik

Post   Posted: Oct 04, 2005 - 12:47 Reply with quote Back to top

[quote="lamby16"]
Ironik wrote:
lamby16 wrote:
brownrob wrote:

It was issue number 233 i think

there you go
http://exodite.home.comcast.net/wd_223.html
SnakeSanders

Post   Posted: Oct 04, 2005 - 13:34 Reply with quote Back to top

still, a BB version of it would be cool! Combat should be blocking dice etc... any suggestions here? Smile
 Jump to: