45 coaches online • Server time: 09:21
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post New Gnones vs Old Gn...goto Post Custom Icon, Portrai...goto Post All Star Bowl!
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
What skill on WD on first skill doubles?
Guard (you can never have too much)
10%
 10%  [ 10 ]
Mightyblow
21%
 21%  [ 20 ]
Jump up
18%
 18%  [ 18 ]
Dauntless
22%
 22%  [ 21 ]
Frenzy
12%
 12%  [ 12 ]
Something else
2%
 2%  [ 2 ]
Just retire him allready
12%
 12%  [ 12 ]
Total Votes : 95

Hammerhiem

Post   Posted: Aug 09, 2005 - 18:27 Reply with quote Back to top

kick.

/em runs off before people beat him with sticks.

arghh bumflaps , another fumble. Why can't these Gobbo's just pick the ball up?
DD

Post   Posted: Aug 09, 2005 - 18:28 Reply with quote Back to top

NoS is my choice too...
Hoodeddwarf

Post   Posted: Aug 09, 2005 - 18:31 Reply with quote Back to top

I voted Jump up. I think frenzy might reduce the flexibility of the WD, obviously in some instances it's going to be useful but are you always going to want to follow up? Jump up mv8 and leap mean that he's never going to be far from the action (till he gets fouled). I think strip ball would be pretty useful next skill if you roll for a normal skill.
nin

Post   Posted: Aug 09, 2005 - 21:01 Reply with quote Back to top

I like witch elves, Strip Ball doesn't allways workand Dauntless or Guard loock better for catchers or linelf so I would go Frenzy+Tackle+Pro
SubSonic

Post   Posted: Aug 10, 2005 - 08:43 Reply with quote Back to top

celas wrote:
I think Frenzy could work well if you combine it with strip ball, but it is not always practical.

Imo frenzy can lead into problems with strip ball, as leaping in to a cage becomes dangerous when you have to follow up and do another block. Usually one -2db block is scary enough (if some of the cage has guard). Or then you have to cover all corners of the cage, which might be inprctical.
origami

Post   Posted: Aug 10, 2005 - 22:10 Reply with quote Back to top

Frenzy doesn't seem like a particularly good choice. WD are precision players and being forced to follow up is going to hurt in quite a few situations.

NOS is nice, but WE don't particularly need any more help with scoring.

Guard is a good choice, but will dramatically decrease the life span of your WD because it will expose him to more blocks.

Jump up works best on players who have low MA and high AV. The WD has neither, and, honestly, you shouldn't be exposing him to blitzes if you can help it.

MB is extremely handy for elven teams, who lack hitting power. I'd probably pick this skill, as I like to make my WD into the best darn blitzers that they can ge. Sure, you've already got one, but WD die pretty regularly.

Dauntless is a good choice if you play strength teams. If you mainly play elves, it'll be wasted. Guard is probably a better choice, regardless, as it is usefull against both strength teams and elves.
JRHartley

Post   Posted: Nov 03, 2005 - 16:33 Reply with quote Back to top

ive just got a double 5 as a first skill? i find guard really useful but that extra Ma would coem in useful. what does anyoen think
Curro

Post   Posted: Nov 03, 2005 - 16:41 Reply with quote Back to top

Guard, and the other one with strip ball. The ultimate cage breakers.
You can have four catchers with MV 9.
Macavity

Post   Posted: Nov 03, 2005 - 16:46 Reply with quote Back to top

JR. Go for movement on WD. It'll pay off in the end.

Post   Posted: Nov 03, 2005 - 16:49 Reply with quote Back to top

I really like your sign Macavity!!
(sorry for spamming this thread.... Go for GUARD JR!!)
xcver

Post   Posted: Nov 03, 2005 - 16:56 Reply with quote Back to top

strip ball doesnt really combo with frenzy. If you get to a second block with frenzy it means you already will have pushed with the first block and if the target doesn't have sure hands he is free of the ball, the second block then becomes a nuisance rather than an asset.

SubSonic wrote:
celas wrote:
I think Frenzy could work well if you combine it with strip ball, but it is not always practical.

Imo frenzy can lead into problems with strip ball, as leaping in to a cage becomes dangerous when you have to follow up and do another block. Usually one -2db block is scary enough (if some of the cage has guard). Or then you have to cover all corners of the cage, which might be inprctical.

Post   Posted: Nov 03, 2005 - 21:32 Reply with quote Back to top

Two wardancers, Frenzy+Tackle+Pro for one, Strip Ball+Sure Hands+Sidestep for the other, that's my choice (when posible), it works for me as long as I can keep them alive (not for long, usually).
Guard for a WD scares me, too many blocks against my precious 120k marvel of player.
MistaBorgiss

Post   Posted: Nov 10, 2005 - 13:02 Reply with quote Back to top

Frenzy, no doubt. You already got Four guard, and as Wood Elves you shouldn't get stuck in too much (they won't win the blocking game in the long run, however many guards they got). your guards are Presicion guards, dodging one or maybe two guard players to where you want them for this turn. A WD MB is good too. 2 WD MB is not as necssary, as WD:s are your blitzers, and you only get one blitz. Frenzy however... You now get an excellent crowdpusher, with tons of speed, being able to move to safety afterwards, or just reach your target. and if your opponent is smart enough Not to put players at the sides. Well, then you just narrowed the field considerably for him. A mix of 4 guards, 1 MB WD and one Frenzy WD is absolutely the best thing to do here, considering your other team mates. keep up the rolls mate Smile

As for dauntless.. Good, but not that good
 Jump to: