51 coaches online • Server time: 12:18
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnome Roster - how a...goto Post Problem to organize ...goto Post Updated star player ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
IrishRagan

Post   Posted: Aug 15, 2005 - 18:43 Reply with quote Back to top

Alright, here's my team... http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=team&op=view&team_id=186883

I'm wondering if I want to purchase a Rat Ogre or if I should go with the Gutter Runner and another LineRat. I really want the RO but I'm pretty sure I should go with the GR and the LineRat. What do you guys think?
sk8bcn

Post   Posted: Aug 15, 2005 - 18:48 Reply with quote Back to top

The line and gutter is better advized but I would take the R-O anyway. Just for the taste.

Post   Posted: Aug 15, 2005 - 18:53 Reply with quote Back to top

You only have 2 Gutter Runners.

Before you get a RO get all the positionals you need i.e. 3-4 Gutters, 2 SV and 2 Throwers. ONLY then do you risk the big rat.

If you want proof look at my winning record since buying a RO... Worst investment I ever made.

Why so bad? You've just added some unquantifiable risk into a team that is all about knowing the risk of all of your actions and playing the odds.
Bendrig

Post   Posted: Aug 15, 2005 - 19:12 Reply with quote Back to top

I'd never take the Rat ogre...
Markusen

Post   Posted: Aug 15, 2005 - 19:15 Reply with quote Back to top

GR & LM for sure!
Shintyboy

Post   Posted: Aug 15, 2005 - 19:32 Reply with quote Back to top

GR and save for another. GRs are the core of the skaven team. ROs are very unreliable and at AV8 aren't even much cop at absorbing damage and are expensive to replace when the get fouled to death (or at least SI)
Gumbo

Post   Posted: Aug 15, 2005 - 20:01 Reply with quote Back to top

go for a RO before a 2nd thrower though, though i guess that depends how you play

Post   Posted: Aug 15, 2005 - 20:06 Reply with quote Back to top

Well, I ended up purchasing a 3rd gutter Runner in hopes of getting him devolped before another one of them bites the dust. Which will make my next purchase, barring deaths, be the RO.
CorporateSlave3

Post   Posted: Aug 15, 2005 - 20:59 Reply with quote Back to top

Bah, skaven throwers. I bought one once, he got injured -ST and I retired him. Haven't been back since.

Get another linerat, or else save for your 4th gutter. Don't bother with the RO until you've got your gutter runner lineup filled out, they're the ones who will win you games. Rat Ogres will cause turnovers and endless headaches, at least at first. You'll want all those gutters when you have to pick up the pieces your RO's Skull - Skull/POW brand turnover just created...Smile

Post   Posted: Aug 15, 2005 - 22:10 Reply with quote Back to top

Late, sorry, well if you like to try a Rat Ogre someday buy it soon so she can get SPs.. it's difficult to play with one and difficult to get them SPs wen teams have high TR and they have many problems but it can improve your cassualty ratio and could be usefull sometimes.
Sparta

Post   Posted: Aug 16, 2005 - 08:50 Reply with quote Back to top

Sure, the GR win you games. You will probably notice they score most of your TD's, and thats great...or is it?

I have found the RO to be very useful at low TR games. As you play skaven you will likley meet a lot of elves [or other fast or high AG teams] on the pitch. Sure the RO causes turnovers, but thats not a problem if the turnover is always last in your turn.

I would get the RO and only use him for pinning fast players with Prehensile Tail, and blocking last in your turn. Coaches who see the turnover problem as a reason not to get a RO is probably depending too much on the blocking capabilities of the RO.

At low TR teams usually have few RR's. Dodging away from the RO then becomes harder [even for elves its a 3+].

Or even better some coaches spend the whole game trying to get a 3d block on the RO, giving you an even bigger advantage.

But then again, GR's rock.
 Jump to: