24 coaches online • Server time: 03:52
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post FUMBBL HAIKU'Sgoto Post Gnome Roster - how a...goto Post Exempt teams
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Play time average
30 min
0%
 0%  [ 1 ]
45 min
9%
 9%  [ 16 ]
60 min
53%
 53%  [ 87 ]
90 min
29%
 29%  [ 48 ]
Hours and hours
6%
 6%  [ 10 ]
Total Votes : 162

BiggieB

Post   Posted: Aug 16, 2005 - 10:18 Reply with quote Back to top

well if my opponent is really slow I usually go do something else and start my turns after 2 mins just 2 give him a feel bout the whole thingy lah Razz
MrMojo

Post   Posted: Aug 16, 2005 - 10:30 Reply with quote Back to top

I got to try that sometimes Smile

Post   Posted: Aug 16, 2005 - 10:48 Reply with quote Back to top

for me, it depends a lot on the teams... If i'm playing with a 250TR elf team (my faction elves are the only ones I've played a lot with), it usually takes a while to work out what to do - espacially when you are in a tough position. On the other hand, with any new/newish team, things are a whole lot quicker because you don't need to consider the players as individuals quite so much.

A normal low-TR game, 45-60 mins is pretty normal (imo), but with high TR teams, I always assume that it will take at least 60m, and usually more like 75-90m - especially if the other player has to take their time too. longest game i've played is probably close to 2.5 hrs, but we had to take a couple of breaks in that time, and had a dodgy connection too.

I'm expecting that games with my new flings will take very little time at all Very Happy

Colin

Post   Posted: Aug 16, 2005 - 12:34 Reply with quote Back to top

Sadly, my slow play really restricts me (I get a mention on the long-departed Korhil's bio) - I can't guarantee having 2 hours free time, so i don't play at all (I haven't played in months). I do try to go faster, but end up in a lather of indecision. I have noticed that my deliberate, tactical play often makes my opponents play better too, as they raise their game in response. Once I get into a groove after a succession of games, I generally manage 90 mins per match. My opponents always get a warning, and have quite often enjoyed the down-to-the-wire matches that result. I have to say I think many players are too quick, judging from some of the sloppy, slapdash play I see when I spectate or replay matches.

Post   Posted: Aug 16, 2005 - 13:02 Reply with quote Back to top

a lot depends on your opponents speed, I am normally well within my 4 mins per turn (perhaps thats why my w/d/l record is so crap!!). It is really frustrating when u play someone who takes ages, but each person plays the game differently and u just have to accept that i guess. BTW does anything actually happen if u exceed the 4 minutes of is it just a warning?
ankkh

Post   Posted: Aug 16, 2005 - 13:11 Reply with quote Back to top

I would describe myself as a slow to moderately slow player, as I am used to playing high TR elves and skaven that can pull off the most stup(id)endous things when you think a couple of steps in advance. Nevertheless, playing good bash is probably even more time-consuming as there are less possibilities of doing a 2+ dodge for safety and more tactical pushing, moves, etc. Usually my games are finished in less than 1h 45 min to 2 h. However, sometimes close fought matches with like-minded coaches can take longer. My stunties manage in 45 mins, surely. : ) So, I say, to each his own... depending on if you want the dice rolls to play the main role or if it's those grand strategical moves that makes your heart thump. (Not that you always have the choice with lower tr teams).
SnakeSanders

Post   Posted: Aug 16, 2005 - 13:25 Reply with quote Back to top

Colin wrote:
I have to say I think many players are too quick, judging from some of the sloppy, slapdash play I see when I spectate or replay matches.

Heh, you've been watching my matches then Wink
Optihut

Post   Posted: Aug 16, 2005 - 14:33 Reply with quote Back to top

45 minutes on fumbbl? You guys are rotten spoiled. Most games I have played last 1h 10 mins. The fast ones are roughly under an hour, but nowhere near 45 minutes. Some people do take 3-4 minutes to complete a turn, so those are the tedious long games that last up to 2 hours.
Still, I think my normal time is around 1 hour 10 minutes (although I once played 2 games at the same time and completed both of them in 1 hour 8 minutes, heh).

Of course there are those games where a lot of turns end with a double 1 / double double skulls on the first action - those games are bound to be over quickly, but I don't particularly enjoy those matches (unless the opponent is jinxed, mind you).
Tommi

Post   Posted: Aug 16, 2005 - 14:36 Reply with quote Back to top

Mostly people I play and take a lot of time seem to have slow connection.
Ironik

Post   Posted: Aug 16, 2005 - 14:46 Reply with quote Back to top

How far will go this thread?
MrMojo

Post   Posted: Aug 16, 2005 - 14:51 Reply with quote Back to top

Hopefully far enough.

In cases of slow connection and high ping, the slowness is understandable, but the BB-field is not that big to require 4 minutes of thinking. I rarely play games that last 45 minutes, but I think my average is about an hour +/- 10 minutes and I like it that way.

Post   Posted: Aug 16, 2005 - 15:30 Reply with quote Back to top

I like even games where I have to think what I'm doing, if someone asks me to speed up I try.. but then I make mistakes as I'm not so good. So metimes people complaint about missclicks and the like.. amazing, 30'' turns and no mistakes, you must be a genius.

My average is under 90', about 75-80' but my first turns tend to go near 4' untill I manege to understand where I'm.
sk8bcn

Post   Posted: Aug 16, 2005 - 15:47 Reply with quote Back to top

mmm Mr Mojo, you just forgot to tell what is supposed to be a "game". For me the entire process is supposed to take 1 hour 20mins roughly, supposing there is no smash of one of the team and no unluck.

I count in:
-the handshacking:
hi
hi
wanna play my woodies vs your dwarves (ps:just an exemple he)
yes ...blablabla

-the setup:
good luck
have fun
wow that's a tremedous dwarve one turner (ps just an exemple too)

-the game (were my turns take from 0 to 4 mins depending on the quality of the opponent coaches, number of players left, team developpement)

-the goodbye:
well played, you were better than me. My dwarves started with 2 quick TD but I finally your woodies outbashed me.
yeah, well, I got lucky on injury rolls
thanks for the game blablabla

So I voted for 90mins. But it's more because: we probably don't consider the same as beeing a game, so the poll is biased, IMO.

ps: Brownrob, I don't believe that your games takes between 30-45 minutes, else you loose the ball damn quickly (giving the opponent less to yhink about). In a game there are 2 persons and if you are quick (damn quick) it requiers your opponent to be so too. Give us your last Game Time that we can verify.