32 coaches online • Server time: 12:59
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnome Roster - how a...goto Post Problem to organize ...goto Post Updated star player ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
thmbscrws

Post   Posted: Aug 16, 2005 - 08:14 Reply with quote Back to top

Vanguard wrote:
he needs a sec gfi on sec block if out of move

really for free ?
i could swear my mino dont get it for free and fall sometimes sev gfi block

I think if you only need one gfi the client doesn't roll the dice but if you use two gfi it does roll the dice. I could be wrong though it's been a while. I know there is some situation where it can happen and i think thats it.

Post   Posted: Aug 16, 2005 - 08:39 Reply with quote Back to top

No, they dont get an extra move for free. They must suceed with a GFI. I have fallen many times from them. I also took Frenzy for my first double with my undead team, http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=team&op=view&team_id=159890. But as you wrote, i found the skill to mostly annoying. He always (almost) has to GFI, steals rerolls, and sometimes screws up the formation. The frenzied mummy is now retired, aged on 3:rd skill, and the next time i gt lucky, i will take stand firm and dodge instead. safety first!

Post   Posted: Aug 17, 2005 - 01:24 Reply with quote Back to top

Ok, new question. One of my ghouls finally got his second skill (his first was block). I rolled double 5's. Should I have taken +MA or pass? I took pass, but I wanted to know what everyone thought.
Wylder

Post   Posted: Aug 17, 2005 - 01:34 Reply with quote Back to top

On another note, I think Im going to retire my frenzied mummy. He takes too much control away from me, and impedes my caging. All I need now is another 50,000 so I can afford to do it.
torsoboy

Post   Posted: Aug 17, 2005 - 01:37 Reply with quote Back to top

Ghouls should get Mighty Blow on doubles in my opinion. Wights get Guard on doubles. In your case, I'd have taken the +MA probably, because a high MA ST3 blodger is just awesome. It'd be a +ST human catcher essentially.

Post   Posted: Aug 17, 2005 - 01:42 Reply with quote Back to top

I always try to develope a passing ghoul for undead, with pass and sure hands, and accurate if you are lucky enough to roll 2 doubles. But then ma8 is incredibly useful for ghouls too. My first choice would be pass though.

About the frenzy issue, I never had any problems with frenzy mummies, it's such a great skill on a str5 mb player, SF is not so good for mummies as they are only ma3 and ag1 thus doesn't dodge very often at all, and they don't get blocked all that often either. Early in my fumbbling I chose SF on a mummy and I regretted it every game. An exception for this is of course a BT mummy where SF naturally would be great, especially if combined with movement upgrades.
Wylder

Post   Posted: Aug 17, 2005 - 05:53 Reply with quote Back to top

torsoboy wrote:
Ghouls should get Mighty Blow on doubles in my opinion. Wights get Guard on doubles. In your case, I'd have taken the +MA probably, because a high MA ST3 blodger is just awesome. It'd be a +ST human catcher essentially.

A +ST human catcher... without catch.
torsoboy

Post   Posted: Aug 17, 2005 - 12:56 Reply with quote Back to top

hehehe... I forgot... I don't use my catchers as ball carriers often. Smile

Post   Posted: Aug 17, 2005 - 13:50 Reply with quote Back to top

Mummies and block is a must.
Candlejack

Post   Posted: Aug 17, 2005 - 14:26 Reply with quote Back to top

Pjotor wrote:
the mummy gains a free MA, effectivly

edit: in the client.. but that's different from the real rules.. see the differences from boardgame txt...

sorry.. but that is plain bo**** the client makes the gfi rolls if you used up your movement before the first/second block.. the only difference to the boardgame in that situation is that you HAVE to do the second block even if you have to make a gfi for unlike on the board were you can decide not to use the second block if you are scared of the gfi e.g.

Post   Posted: Aug 17, 2005 - 14:39 Reply with quote Back to top

Candlejack wrote:
Pjotor wrote:
the mummy gains a free MA, effectivly

edit: in the client.. but that's different from the real rules.. see the differences from boardgame txt...

sorry.. but that is plain bo**** the client makes the gfi rolls if you used up your movement before the first/second block.. the only difference to the boardgame in that situation is that you HAVE to do the second block even if you have to make a gfi for unlike on the board were you can decide not to use the second block if you are scared of the gfi e.g.

Wrong if you don't use gfi on the first block you never have to use gfi on the second either and actually you gain a free movement as you can AFTER this take 2 gfi. So in the mummy case, you can go 2 steps, then block first block on the 3rd, then get a free move for the second frenzy block and then after this you can take 2 gfi if still standing.

If you have to use a gfi for the first block though you automaticly do asecond with a second gfi, you don't get a question as you should.
sk8bcn

Post   Posted: Aug 17, 2005 - 16:53 Reply with quote Back to top

On mummys, I prefer SF too, but I wouldn't retire the mummy. Just change you cage.

x M x
. x .
x . x

use the mummy as possibility to create a hole in front of your cage.

For the ghoul, I would take Jump up and not pass.

Post   Posted: Aug 17, 2005 - 17:47 Reply with quote Back to top

I prefer guard on my ghouls (sidestep blodging guards? yum-yum) and SF ROCKS anyways. I'd take it any day for a mummy. So often he (it?) is blocked and a mere push happens. The next turn you hit the insolent geek for trying to push you. Plus you can use Break tackle without fearing a turnover...

2nd double would be dodge.

just my 4 cts (2 cts counting double since I play a LOT of Undead. Wink)

Post   Posted: Aug 18, 2005 - 08:47 Reply with quote Back to top

Okay.... New question.

My wight got seriously injured today (-ma). However, he has two skills +agi and tackle. I dont know if I should retire him for a new one or not. Playing next game without a wight doesnt appeal to me at all, and once he arrives back with 5ma.... well....

Do I keep him ?
SolomonKane

Post   Posted: Aug 18, 2005 - 08:50 Reply with quote Back to top

Hopefully I can lay this issue to rest, I'm almost sorry I raised it...this is quoted directly from the LRB 4.0:

If the frenzied player is taking a Blitz action and runs out of normal
movement, he can stop attacking (i.e., he does not have to throw the
additional block), although he can Go For It to throw the block if you want
him to – assuming he still has go for it squares left of course.

I didn't find any clarifications in the Q&A section, so hopefully this is worded well enough.
 Jump to: