49 coaches online • Server time: 14:10
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post Cindy is back?goto Post ramchop takes on the...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
kaan

Post   Posted: Feb 13, 2003 - 19:00 Reply with quote Back to top

hi folks

since im a total newbie here, could you please explain to me the best ways to push player over the sideline?

thanks
kaan
AsperonThorn

Post   Posted: Feb 13, 2003 - 19:07 Reply with quote Back to top

Getting a player with frenzy to attack him two away from the sideline and push him towards it, twice. If he has sidestep, it is impossible. Also it is best that you have Sidestep as well, because your player will most likely be pushed off the next turn.

Asperon Thorn
BloodbasherMasher

Post   Posted: Feb 13, 2003 - 20:03 Reply with quote Back to top

Or make it a Blitz action and move away from the sideline after your opponent goes out.

Blood

Post   Posted: Feb 13, 2003 - 20:41 Reply with quote Back to top

bit pointless to push der players off doe, yer get no SSPs if 'e gets injured or killed!, we dwarves prefer 'im ter be on der pitch, only push dem off, by accident or when der's no other way.

Fenix
AsperonThorn

Post   Posted: Feb 13, 2003 - 20:46 Reply with quote Back to top

Yes, but we Dark Elves don't care much on how somone gets hurt, as long as they get hurt. Twisted Evil

Better than soiling uniforms, and needing to keep slaves alive long enough to clean 'em.

Asperon Thorn
BloodbasherMasher

Post   Posted: Feb 13, 2003 - 22:12 Reply with quote Back to top

You are crazy Fenix. Less players on the field means more TD's for you, which means more SPP's.

Blood

Post   Posted: Feb 13, 2003 - 22:14 Reply with quote Back to top

I may have this incorrect but I believe that if you push someone out while getting a knockdown then it rolls injury for your hit if you get a cas then the player gets spp. Then failing an injury it rolls for the crowds hit which won't result in spps. Even if they don't get injured you take them out for the drive which is nice.

Stand Firm is also a decent skill to keep from being knocked out by your opponent. Either that or have someone nearby with guard to make it harder for them to get a 1 or 2 dice hit.

To answer the orginal question frenzy does make it nicer to knock somone out. A frenzier on the team will force your opponent to play more cautiosly when it comes to sneaking by the sidelines. Here are some basic sideline out plays.
X= you
O= opponent
|= sideline

|
|OX
|

basically x just hits O as long as it is a hit that moves O then your good.

| OX
| X
|

Top X hits O and pushes him diagnally infront of the other X then you have a situation just like above.

| OX
|
| X

Just like above the top X hits O to sideline then the bottom X has to blitz in.

All these moves can be done 1 step farther from sideline if you have a frenzy person in the area.
kaan

Post   Posted: Feb 13, 2003 - 22:30 Reply with quote Back to top

this is really helpfull, thanks guys.

i think ill run out to practice a bit Very Happy

kaan
Ixnatifual

Post   Posted: Feb 13, 2003 - 23:54 Reply with quote Back to top

You can also do stuff like

P = any player
- = empty square

|P -
|O -
|- X

or

|P -
|OOX
|P -
BadMrMojo

Post   Posted: Feb 14, 2003 - 02:45 Reply with quote Back to top

Expanding a bit on Ix's point)

P = YOUR player
- = empty square
X = frenzied player

|P -P
|OOX
|P --

In this case, X may be able to push both out with 2 die blocks(!)

You basically just need to fill in any squares that you normally could push the target back into. Then, your only choice is to push them off. You don't get the option to do so if there's a free space to push them into.

Also, you can try this:

|___
|OP_
|PO_
|__X

or

|___
|OPP
|_O_
|_X_

X pushes O back. You get a choice of which of the 3 spaces you want to push him back into. if you choose the top O, you'll push the O you blocked into the top O and the top O goes off the pitch. This is actually a bit of a simplification of the LRB (to keep from alternating coaches choosing who to pick in pop-up windows), but it works with the program we use.
Nukeall

Post   Posted: Feb 14, 2003 - 03:53 Reply with quote Back to top

The assistance pay to see blood and entertaining game... so why preventing them from having some fun grabbing some player of the pitch and break all his bones for the beauty of the game Smile
Nukeall
Magnus

Post   Posted: Feb 14, 2003 - 16:37 Reply with quote Back to top

AsperonThorn wrote:
If he has sidestep, it is impossible. Also it is best that you have Sidestep as well, because your player will most likely be pushed off the next turn.

Asperon Thorn

Err, that's actually wrong, if you fill up all the empty squares the SS player may go to, he has to go out of the pitch, as BadMrMojo indirectly says here:

[EDIT] Sorry, wasn't reading all of the text, yes it is REALLY hard to push a SS player off the pitch with Frenzy, but it IS possible...

BadMrMojo wrote:
Expanding a bit on Ix's point)
You basically just need to fill in any squares that you normally could push the target back into. Then, your only choice is to push them off. You don't get the option to do so if there's a free space to push them into.

If I'm not wrong even a STAND FIRM player can be pushed out of the pitch, but it has to be something like this:

P=Any player
X=The Blocking player
S=Standfirm player

|P -
|SOX
|P -

Laughing

/Magnus
BloodbasherMasher

Post   Posted: Feb 14, 2003 - 18:43 Reply with quote Back to top

A stand firm player can never be pushed off, because every "push back" and "Push back and knock over" result on the block dice ALWAYS results in the Stand Firm player falling in the square he started in.

Blood

Post   Posted: Feb 14, 2003 - 19:48 Reply with quote Back to top

He CAN still be pushed back, as long as the block results aren't against him directly. Whether or not this is fully LRB compliant, it's how it works in the client. I've seen someone push their own Treeman off the pitch accidentally.

The same things would presumably apply to an off target TTM. IE: throw fling near TM on sideline. Throw goes off and scatters onto the TM. Stunty lands in TM's square and TM scatters 1 space, possibly off the board.

Now I haven't seen this yet (not for lack of trying, I've killed off 5 of my Chaos Flings attempting something like it Laughing ), but after seeing how pushbacks are handled, I think it would work.

Post   Posted: Feb 14, 2003 - 20:24 Reply with quote Back to top

The JBB client doesn't exactly follow the LRB pushback rules. In the client, all players are pushed straight back, which means it's possible to chain-pushback say 4 players, as long as they are in a row, and the one next to the sidelines goes off. See the readme in the game for details.