46 coaches online • Server time: 00:51
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post killing by fun?goto Post Pact/Renegades metagoto Post Raising a Thrall wit...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
SnakeSanders

Post   Posted: Aug 16, 2005 - 17:58 Reply with quote Back to top

I think someone suggested these boyos before but then someone altered them and took credit for it. Not my roster but Ithilkirs roster so no credit for me, they look brill and would be a nice addition to the leeg as they have had serious discussion over at TBB

Ithilkir wrote:
In a dark, dark citadel in a far flung corner of the Empire lurks an arch necromancer. His power is great and his lust for power is greater. Creeping further into thie blackened spire we can find relics of the past, ancient weapons adorn the walls and strange mummified corpses sit in timbs awaiting the time to strike against the living.

This Necromancer is known as Bingo Blackberry... a Halfing...

Yes..

A Halfing...

Only two things keep him from invading the old world with his legions of undead Halflings.. Blood Bowl!

Code:
Qty    Position    Mv St Ag Av   Skills & Traits           Cost       Skills
0-16   Skeletal    5  2  2  7    Right Stuff, Stunty       30,000     Gen
       Deadling                  Regenerate

0-16   Zombified   4  2  2  8    Stand Firm, Stunty        30,000     Gen
       Deadling                  Regenerate

0-2    Mummified   3  3  1  8    Mighty Blow, Regenerate   50,000     Gen, Str
       Deadling                  Stunty

Re-Rolls: 70,000

Big Guy: Dead Wood
Qty    Position    Mv St Ag Av   Skills & Traits          Cost       Skills
0-2    Dead Wood   2  5  1  10   TTM, Really Stupid,      100,000    Gen, Str
                                 Stand Firm, Regenerate
                                 Mighty Blow
SnakeSanders

Post   Posted: Aug 16, 2005 - 18:00 Reply with quote Back to top

Agi access rather than Gen on the zombs andskels might be a plan for the stunty leeg too
Imerikol

Post   Posted: Aug 16, 2005 - 18:14 Reply with quote Back to top

On the stunties, trade G for A and lower the av by1. Now you've got a start on a reasonable stunty team. Lower the deadwood position to 1 and give it FA since you already have two other bashy players with G access in the form of the 'mummies.' Perhaps add a ghoul position of 0-2 that is ma6 av6 ag3, dodge, no regen (and perhaps right stuff).

THAT would be a much more balanced stunty list. This one would be friggin ridiculous.
Dreamsplitter

Post   Posted: Aug 16, 2005 - 18:23 Reply with quote Back to top

av 7 or not, but without dodge they are just too weak IMO. dont forget that other stunties can knock them over easily too, not only the BGs.
Alanir

Post   Posted: Aug 16, 2005 - 18:34 Reply with quote Back to top

This team would get creamed early on if you gave them -av, the no dodge+stunty makes them all really weak, and with ag 2 they're going down on dodges more than other stunties. I dunno about stand firm on the zomblings, but I guess it couldn't hurt too much. Just seems kind of weird that you could start a team with 16 regen standfirm stunties if you wanted, all with av 8. General on the mummy deadlings could be bad - they already have two guys with gen access+mb, they don't need 4 for any reason that I can see. Drop them down to ag access or str or something, only str access could be interesting as far as the team goes, gives you another guy with stand firm possibilities. Break Tackle would also help them a lot, as would guard for obvious reasons. I believe it introduces something new to stunty, more of a pitch-stopping team, capable of forcing other teams to dodge more and play elf-ball (not like gnomes who just keep getting hit and don't go away). It won't be a super-bashy team without gen access on the mummies, and with str 5 'Trees' they don't overpower anyone in the big guy area.
albator2001

Post   Posted: Aug 16, 2005 - 18:45 Reply with quote Back to top

I like these guys !

I think you should keep this roster but remove Mummified Deadlings (3 str guys).

When will Peikko introduce new races in stunty leeg ?

Stunty Leeg is diying ... It need some new races.
SnakeSanders

Post   Posted: Aug 16, 2005 - 18:57 Reply with quote Back to top

yeah the SF ag combo is interesting and different, in a way, its better than dodge as failing a dodge doesnt result in a turnover!
Imerikol

Post   Posted: Aug 17, 2005 - 05:24 Reply with quote Back to top

EDITED TO CURRENT

My deadlings would be:

Qty Position Mv St Ag Av Skills & Traits Cost Skills
0-8 Skeletal 5 2 2 6 Dodge, Stunty 30k A
Regenerate, Right Stuff

0-8 Zombified 4 2 2 7 Stunty, Regenerate 30k A
Right Stuff

0-2 Mummified 3 4 1 8 Mighty Blow, Regenerate, TTM 70k S

0-2 Wightling 5 2 3 7 Block, Regenerate, Stunty 60k G

0-2 Ghouling 6 2 3 6 Dodge, Pass, Stunty, Right Stuff 50k A P

This would make a unique and not overpowered team. They have BGs without G access and less strength but they also don't have a negatrait.

Wightlings add some hitting power to the team as well. Roll double for dauntless and you have an extra 'big guy,' but it's not very tough. They are sorta like Vamplings, but with less skill access, slower, fewer of them, and and no negatrait. No A access makes them different for stunties.

The zombies/skels are balanced and each unique. The zombies hold the line with an above average AV for stunties, but don't start with Dodge like the skels. Since these stunties Regen (something nigh broken in stunty) and are cheap, they are balanced with other stunties of similar cost. Traded Stand Firm for Thick Skull. I gave them one less AG to compensate (who cares, they won't use it). I changed them to 0-8 choices to encourage variety.

And finally you have the ghoulings. These are unique in that they have pass to give these stunties something of a throwing game; something other stunty teams lack. Not having regen means they go down hard though. They are your scorers TTMers that won't live long enough to enjoy much success (try to score with wightlings). I think the Pass skill and P access is unique and balanced because there aren't many potential receivers on this team and they are still stunty afterall. Your best bet is throw one ghouling down field on one turn while the other holds the ball, and pass to a wightling for a HO to the thrown ghouling on the second.

Last edited by Imerikol on %b %17, %2005 - %16:%Aug; edited 3 times in total
Britnoth

Post   Posted: Aug 17, 2005 - 06:05 Reply with quote Back to top

Stunty players that start with stand firm? WTH?

The first deadling team was fine....
Imerikol

Post   Posted: Aug 17, 2005 - 06:14 Reply with quote Back to top

The deadlings initially posted in this thread have stand firm. I made some adjustments to make it more balanced for them to keep it. Nothing says it needs to remain. I don't mind it though because it makes them more unique. It also means they can't side step. Comment on the team as a whole, not a specific position. Unique skill aren't bad so long as they are balanced. If SF is unbalanced it's easy to remove.
Britnoth

Post   Posted: Aug 17, 2005 - 06:40 Reply with quote Back to top

You want comments on the whole team? Fine.

Skels: halflings with -ag for the same cost, but with regen. These are fair enough.

Zombies: 8 av7 players with stand firm, and dodge after 6 spp. This is nuts, SF is way better than sidestep... 30k is sickly cheap, and stand firm is a skill for expensive positionals like trees and mechavermin not for an entire stunty team.

Mummies: ST 4 AV 8 mummies with TTM for 70k? Err, are these players meant to bash or throw? The only other players that can both TTM and use rerolls is an always hungry ma2 cannon, and an OFAB single strig lord. Lack of General access cripples them as bashers.

Wightlings: Only 2 players in the team that can easily get block and tackle.... with no mighty blow and only str 2 av7 stunty. You can also not even throw them, giving up a tactical option that almost all other TTM teams has. Compared to other teams this is very poor for TTM.

Ghoulings: Look ok (if alittle cheap for passing access) but they are the only 2 ag3 right stuff players on the team.... keeing one back to make a risky short pass with is limiting your ability to move the ball forward. Not a great player.

Problems with the team:
1. Very poor TTM, yes they can use rerolls on the throw but with only 2 ag3 stunty to lob youre very limited.
2. Very poor bashing power. ST 4 players dont have block or tackle, those that can get those skills are ST2 and squishy. Need doubles on those players to even look respectable.
3. Stand Firm on 8 cheap stunty players. This is plain silly.
4. The team is not really unique, it is just another regen stunty team with -ling added to each player, that relies on regen rolls to win the game as it will struggle to move the ball.
5. The team lacks secret weapons, interesting skill combinations or even the ability to score quickly. Boring like gnomes without the armour or blunderbuss/TTM option. Yawn.
Imerikol

Post   Posted: Aug 17, 2005 - 06:55 Reply with quote Back to top

Removed Stand Firm on Zombies and gave them Thick Skull instead. This seems more balanced.
SolomonKane

Post   Posted: Aug 17, 2005 - 07:16 Reply with quote Back to top

Wouldn't Stunty and Regen be enough for the zombies?
sk8bcn

Post   Posted: Aug 17, 2005 - 08:56 Reply with quote Back to top

about which team do we discuss here?

Post   Posted: Aug 17, 2005 - 10:38 Reply with quote Back to top

I was hopeing the first one Rolling Eyes Very Happy

Turning the roster into a "Undead Stunty" team isnt really the plan here, as I said before, that team is meant to play vs the other LRB teams, but its nice to see guys like imerikol work at the roster, dont think im running your ideas into the ground!

Just a thought or two,

Zomblings & Skellings, they arent your average fling or gob, they dont have any real dodging ability (Agile zombies???!!!) but they are zombie halflings so they are still very small and able to "stagger" their way under your arms and through your legs, I can see zombies just standing there and taking a beating from the opposition, they are durable linefodder, I like the stunty statline as it is, albeit with agi access in place of Gen Access
 Jump to: