37 coaches online • Server time: 14:35
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Exempt teamsgoto Post Getting diced 3 game...goto Post 7s for fummbl?
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Dreamsplitter

Post   Posted: Aug 17, 2005 - 12:11 Reply with quote Back to top

lets compare the skelling to an ordinary halfling:
0-16 Skeletal Deadling 5 2 2 7 Right Stuff, Stunty, Regenerate 30,000

The Deadling basically gets -AG, - Dodge and stunty becomes a disadvantage to him. what he gets is Regeneration. in my opinion that really isnt enough.
you would end up with a team where EVERYONE will take the zombies, because they will at least last a while longer while being equally good for nothing. and with stand firm they seem actually balanced for their price and interesting. the skellies are plain useless compared to that alternative.
but it looks fun, really Smile
Imerikol

Post   Posted: Aug 17, 2005 - 16:42 Reply with quote Back to top

I just can't go with you on the AV levels. AV7 is TOP END stunty av with av8 being reserver for the over the top gnomes. Giving that away PLUS regen to another stunty team is ridiculous. To add SF to this (a skill other teams pay dealy for) is far beyond ridiculous. If this is ineed for a R team, then it's ok, but still better than stunties are supposed to be. Stunties SHOULD suck compared to the other teams, and that is why the current ones do.

I think I'd alter my version of the zombies to not have thick skull, but retain AG2. This would make the skels and zombies pretty equally attractive. Add Right Stuff to both as well.

P.S. - I looked up the 'original' deadlings teams in the icons section... that thing is so over the top I about choked on the idea that someone seriously proposed them as a balanced addition to stunty league.
Imerikol

Post   Posted: Aug 17, 2005 - 16:48 Reply with quote Back to top

I just can't go with you on the AV levels. AV7 is TOP END stunty av with av8 being reserver for the over the top gnomes. Giving that away PLUS regen to another stunty team is ridiculous. To add SF to this (a skill other teams pay dealy for) is far beyond ridiculous. If this is ineed for a R team, then it's ok, but still better than stunties are supposed to be. Stunties SHOULD suck compared to the other teams, and that is why the current ones do.

I think I'd alter my version of the zombies to not have thick skull, but retain AG2. This would make the skels and zombies pretty equally attractive. Add Right Stuff to both as well.

P.S. - I looked up the 'original' deadlings teams in the icons section... that thing is so over the top I about choked on the idea that someone seriously proposed them as a balanced addition to stunty league.
Ithilkir

Post   Posted: Aug 17, 2005 - 17:59 Reply with quote Back to top

Britnoth wrote:
Stunty players that start with stand firm? WTH?

The first deadling team was fine....
This IS the first Deadling team before people nicked the concept for FUMBBL Razz

It's designed for regular play, not Stunty play and worked well that way without people having to change the roster because they think it's unbalanced without actually playtesting it..

God bless FUMBBL.... Rolling Eyes
sk8bcn

Post   Posted: Aug 17, 2005 - 18:10 Reply with quote Back to top

brownrob wrote:
I think someone suggested these boyos before but then someone altered them and took credit for it. Not my roster but Ithilkirs roster so no credit for me, they look brill and would be a nice addition to the leeg as they have had serious discussion over at TBB

Ithilkir wrote:
In a dark, dark citadel in a far flung corner of the Empire lurks an arch necromancer. His power is great and his lust for power is greater. Creeping further into thie blackened spire we can find relics of the past, ancient weapons adorn the walls and strange mummified corpses sit in timbs awaiting the time to strike against the living.

This Necromancer is known as Bingo Blackberry... a Halfing...

Yes..

A Halfing...

Only two things keep him from invading the old world with his legions of undead Halflings.. Blood Bowl!

Code:
Qty    Position    Mv St Ag Av   Skills & Traits           Cost       Skills
0-16   Skeletal    5  2  2  7    Right Stuff, Stunty       30,000     Gen
       Deadling                  Regenerate

0-16   Zombified   4  2  2  8    Stand Firm, Stunty        30,000     Gen

0-2    Mummified   3  3  1  8    Mighty Blow, Regenerate   50,000     Gen, Str
       Deadling                  Stunty

Re-Rolls: 70,000

Big Guy: Dead Wood
Qty    Position    Mv St Ag Av   Skills & Traits          Cost       Skills
0-2    Dead Wood   2  5  1  10   TTM, Really Stupid,      100,000    Gen, Str
                                 Stand Firm, Regenerate
                                 Mighty Blow

ok first, it seems you do not speak of a stunty team. But let's take a look at it as a stunty one.

zombis are way way better than skels so everybody would take them. AV8+regen+TS+SF but loosing dodge it's OVERPOWERED. Damn overpowered. Add gen acces and you have 16 possible BLOCKERS! when nurgs were supposed to be overpowered and lost TS, I thought it was a joke (when I saw replys saying that team is fine)

then add 2 str 3 players with G+str+MB (block+tackle?????) that adds power. stooping here and you would have a too powerfull basical roster.

But it's not over yet, because they also have 2 BG!!!

I don't see ANY team ANY have half a chance vs this roster. I handle well nurgs with ag 2 without absolutely needing big hand.

Whit this roster, impossible to loose.

I asked about which team we were speaking because I thought it was a joke.

Post   Posted: Aug 17, 2005 - 18:12 Reply with quote Back to top

yes it is not a stunty team!

Exactely what I thought

Post   Posted: Aug 17, 2005 - 18:38 Reply with quote Back to top

I did mention several times that Gen access should be replaced with Agi access Wink

I guess av6 & 7 would be more approptiate to balance this team vs the other stunty ones

If I was playing this team, Id take the bulk of stunties to be the zombs with a few skells, as they are faster and can be thrown, unlike the zombs, who cant be thrown at all! You need some skells if you want any TTM game (which is mediocre at best) and the running game is extremely slow, much like snotlings, this is a team that will need to make an "undead march" to the endzone, the dead trees are also really stupid, which makes them a lot less effective than regular trees

Removing Gen access from the mums and the big guys would also help to balance them with respect to the stunty leeg

How about this?

Code:

Qty    Position    Mv St Ag Av   Skills & Traits           Cost       Skills
0-16   Skeletal    5  2  2  6    Right Stuff, Stunty       30,000     Agi

0-16   Zombified   4  2  2  7    Stand Firm, Stunty        30,000     Agi

0-2    Mummified   3  3  1  8    Mighty Blow, Regenerate   50,000     Str
       Deadling                  Stunty

Re-Rolls: 70,000

Big Guy: Dead Wood
Qty    Position    Mv St Ag Av   Skills & Traits          Cost       Skills
0-2    Dead Wood   2  5  1  10   TTM, Really Stupid,      100,000    Str
                                 Stand Firm, Regenerate
                                 Mighty Blow

Its rare to see many developed stunties (my best Chaos Fling was 98SPP's and he had +MA, +MA, Block, RSC!) but he was a fling, and did have ag3 over ag2, and as such, they will develop a lot more slowly than your average fling, and almost as easy to kill

Im hoping to get a bit more constructive chat going here, but i like the dynamic of Ithilkir's original team which I "painfully" edited to the above version to reduce them in power for the leeg!

Last edited by SnakeSanders on %b %17, %2005 - %18:%Aug; edited 1 time in total
Sgt_Colon

Post   Posted: Aug 17, 2005 - 18:43 Reply with quote Back to top

Off the top of my head with reference to Brownrob's roster I reckon...

*Drop down to just one Deadwood or none at all (that might be too far though, but then slaves have done it and gotten away with it to a degree).
*Loose a point of av on both the skellings and zomblings
*Gain a point of ag on the skellings? I can't see how you could ever score with these guys without even the hope of physical access like the nurgs.
*Keep gen access on the mumling things Smile And maybe up their strength? If you ditch the deadwood completely you could add TTM and maybe a point of av or the number that you can have in a squad...

Sgt

Edit: Damn you Brownrob you beat me too it...

Last edited by Sgt_Colon on %b %17, %2005 - %18:%Aug; edited 1 time in total
SnakeSanders

Post   Posted: Aug 17, 2005 - 18:47 Reply with quote Back to top

Heh, just so everyone knows its not my roster Wink

It would be cool if you could raise zomblings on a kill! Very Happy but i dont think the client supports it Smile
Sgt_Colon

Post   Posted: Aug 17, 2005 - 18:50 Reply with quote Back to top

I think I get the fluff but are you desperate to keep the tree / deadwood? Do you want it to be as close an undead parody of flings as it can be?

Sgt
SnakeSanders

Post   Posted: Aug 17, 2005 - 18:54 Reply with quote Back to top

well yeah I guess Smile
Dreamsplitter

Post   Posted: Aug 17, 2005 - 20:53 Reply with quote Back to top

someone has to have gen skills on the roster as long as its big guy league still... really... or make them tougher again, but thats a bit too much.
sk8bcn

Post   Posted: Aug 17, 2005 - 22:31 Reply with quote Back to top

well keep 1 BG, keep mummys, agi to skel+zombis, no SF to zombi, av 6 and 7 respectively.

that could be more equilibrated no?

Post   Posted: Aug 18, 2005 - 00:07 Reply with quote Back to top

man, the stand firm makes the roster interesting... i dont want another dodge, right stuff stunty roster, thats getting boring...
mitzufuss

Post   Posted: Aug 18, 2005 - 00:31 Reply with quote Back to top

Keep stand firm and alter there name to petrified wood, so that stand firm makes sense....
 Jump to: