54 coaches online • Server time: 18:59
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Exempt teamsgoto Post Getting diced 3 game...goto Post 7s for fummbl?
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
How great is Fumbbl?
Great!
11%
 11%  [ 10 ]
Really Great!
6%
 6%  [ 6 ]
Super Amazingly Great!
22%
 22%  [ 20 ]
I am addicted to the site
60%
 60%  [ 54 ]
Total Votes : 90

Mr__Wizard

Post   Posted: Aug 24, 2005 - 19:42 Reply with quote Back to top

Recently there has been far too much forum fighting, wistful moaning and general bitterness.

This is a post that is only designed for people to write what they love about the site and the community as a whole Very Happy Very Happy
please:

1) Write about fellow coaches you enjoy playing and chatting with
2) Write about what brill about the site and the general state of Fumbbl
3) Thank anyone you want to (including any admins Laughing )

Please do not

1) Moan about anyone
2) complain about cherrypicking
3) Hark back to an earlier better era
4) Moan about fouling Smile

Lets have a bit of a Fumbbl love in! Very HappyVery Happy

oh and jokes are fine as well Very Happy
Mezir

Post   Posted: Aug 24, 2005 - 19:47 Reply with quote Back to top

Man I got fouled in T16 by a moaner, he thought he could cherry-pick me, he even hired a star without telling me, but then I beat him soundly and he moaned all match long about how his luck totally sucked. This never used to happen in the good old days. Sad

I'd like to thank myself for being a stud.

Tongue in cheek, lads.

Seriously, I should probably thank Candlejack and Bendrig for putting up with my endless whining. Laughing

Last edited by Mezir on %b %24, %2005 - %19:%Aug; edited 1 time in total
Mr__Wizard

Post   Posted: Aug 24, 2005 - 19:48 Reply with quote Back to top

sigh..

thanks Mezir Very Happy
Darkwolf

Post   Posted: Aug 24, 2005 - 19:49 Reply with quote Back to top

I love bloodbowl. Tis a truly great game. But like online poker has changed poker, online bloodbowl has changed bloodbowl.

I love ranked open format. I can chose who I want to play, when I want, how I want. I have vastly improved my skills playing a variety of coaches with a variety of teams with a variety of skills and tactics.

I love the smell of napalm in the morning, also.

I love that everything is automated and easy to use. No more pen and paper, no more math or adding. No more where the hell is my roster sheet for my undead team? (we suspect my buds ex tossed out 3 teams of ours).

I love danes. Especially since I discovered I have some danish heritage.

Post   Posted: Aug 24, 2005 - 19:51 Reply with quote Back to top

I like the fact that you can so easily find and play games in such a short time. I like certain coaches and the various subcultures that I would've never known of without FUMBBL. I like the mystique certain players have, if you can call it that. I like being able to try out so many diferent races, with diferent match-ups, without having all the models. I like the fact that there are so many coaches around that the game never degenerates into a predictable closed environment play (in which you know beforehand every tactic your friends might pull). I like the multiple +STs FUMBBL has bestowed my human teams. Very Happy

Post   Posted: Aug 24, 2005 - 19:52 Reply with quote Back to top

BunnyPunchers blogspot is what is great about fumbbl.Oh, Am I allowed to say that? Only joking... Wink

I like playing against people who can put up with my whining and getting beat.

Shepherd

Post   Posted: Aug 24, 2005 - 19:54 Reply with quote Back to top

I love danishes. Cherry danishes are the best. If the Danes are responsible for the danishes, I love them especially.

I love playing BB with people from all over the freakin' planet, especially when they roll about sixteen ones in a row and let loose with what I imagine to be a stream of blistering curse words, but for all I know they're talking about their socks or toast or something.

I love BadMrMojo's relentless positivity, and Darkwolf's love for the greatest rock band of the last decade, and the endless wealth of hilarious team names and themes.

I love having the IRC channel available for a bit of brain-off time between tasks at work to keep me sane.

Post   Posted: Aug 24, 2005 - 20:00 Reply with quote Back to top

Here's to Paulhicks, the funniest and coolest coach on fumbbl. Oh and Montagne deserves and honourable mention for the smurf avatar and playing some mean bloodbowl (although the one and only match we had, I've won, he he).
BigMac

Post   Posted: Aug 24, 2005 - 20:01 Reply with quote Back to top

I think abusing the support system to annonymously denunciate people is a great.
Mr__Wizard

Post   Posted: Aug 24, 2005 - 20:07 Reply with quote Back to top

now now bigmac don't highjack the thread! Smile

Everyone else has got the idea Very Happy

good stuff and carry on
vanGorn

Post 6 Posted: Aug 24, 2005 - 20:07 Reply with quote Back to top

FUMBBL is a great way to escape from reality.

Hammerhiem

Post   Posted: Aug 24, 2005 - 20:15 Reply with quote Back to top

I love tuna Sarnies and Jam Do-nuts, it's just a shame that niether go very well with Beer.

Fumbbl goes very well with beer

Nuff said.

arghh bumflaps , another fumble. Why can't these Gobbo's just pick the ball up?
Superstar

Post   Posted: Aug 24, 2005 - 20:17 Reply with quote Back to top

Friday afternoon after work, got a icecold beer, find a newbie and play him for a easy win. Nothing beats friday.. then again, i usually lose that game but i still got tipsy, so it's a win win situation
XtremeXwing

Post   Posted: Aug 24, 2005 - 20:29 Reply with quote Back to top

i love it when i cause a cas with a halfling or a gobbo by a block or a cas by fouling with a Troll!
JanMattys

Post   Posted: Aug 24, 2005 - 20:34 Reply with quote Back to top

I love talkative coaches who blame the dice when they get spanked by my superior coaching skills.
Yes, TheSquig, it's you I love. Wink

Seriously: the greatest majority of top coaches are cool, and winning or losing becomes a secondary factor compared to the challenge and the fun I get out of those games.

Talkative, nice, skilled and friendly coaches are the reason why I love Fumbbl.