65 coaches online • Server time: 18:57
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnome Roster - how a...goto Post SWL Season 100!goto Post Problem to organize ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Drud

Post   Posted: Nov 07, 2005 - 20:25 Reply with quote Back to top

We need to add nuffle to that channel! Smile
Karhumies

Post   Posted: Nov 07, 2005 - 21:24 Reply with quote Back to top

Drud wrote:
We need to add nuffle to that channel! Smile

PM Erod. He's our official upkeeper of nuffle (says so even on the group page).

Personally, I prefer him kept on a tight leash. Wink

Karhumies

Post   Posted: Nov 08, 2005 - 15:01 Reply with quote Back to top

Loren final will be played today, at around 8pm FUMBBL time. IP/proxy information will be in #grudgeleague topic.

It's me vs dr_scitt, Lissie and her friends versus Fangs of Sotek.

Karhumies

Post   Posted: Nov 08, 2005 - 23:49 Reply with quote Back to top

Top 20 teams after Loren scores have been counted in:

(the situation will change dramatically after Eadsplitta scores are added)

1. Fangs of Sotek dr_scitt 179/167 Lizardmen 87
    2. Gooooooold! origami 155/159 Dwarf 84
    3. Razor sharp rats mymLaban 137/142 Skaven 71
    4. Red Diamonds soren72 196/188 Chaos Dwarf 69
    5. Lissie and her friends Karhumies 172/157 Lizardmen 62
    6. Reclamation Aconite 164/162 Undead 62
    7. Attempt Zlefin 195/187 Human 57
    8. Am-Khemri-Kanos DanTitan76 144/135 Khemri 52
    9. Fury Little Friends soren72 143/122 Skaven 49
    10. We wantss the powerss Mr_QB 148/153 Skaven 48
    11. Clusta Noba Crusaders Gatts 163/140 Elf 46
    12. Gork and Mork Servants sk8bcn 179/160 Orc 46
    13. Necrophobic Jinxed 143/144 Necromantic 45
    14. Highland Cows bloodelf 150/145 Chaos Dwarf 43
    15. Keepers of the flame Mr_QB 188/180 Chaos Dwarf 41
    16. Lil' bunnies and big rabbits Habeli 151/120 Goblin 41
    17. Belierand Brotherhood dagda331 160/163 High Elf 38
    18. Moonlight Stalkers dr_scitt 199/191 Necromantic 38
    19. Nuffle this Magnus 152/144 Dwarf 34
    20. Environmental Hazards Hogglas 132/133 Nurgle's Rotters 31]

sk8bcn

Post   Posted: Nov 09, 2005 - 00:40 Reply with quote Back to top

Third lost in a row vs the Red Diamonds.

Gork and Mork servant simply cannot stop them. We tried everything!

Hiring Htark the unstoppable, the diamonds were a number too big for the orks who got injured in every possible way.

Damn loss again.

Hate Soren's team!

Post   Posted: Nov 09, 2005 - 00:52 Reply with quote Back to top

Group staff has been updated. A lot of people who have gone missing or who haven't fulfilled their duties as of late were removed of their status.

Also, say hello to bloodelf and BiggieB, Grudge League's new Deadline coords! Smile

soren72

Post   Posted: Nov 09, 2005 - 13:46 Reply with quote Back to top

Karhumies wrote:
Also, say hello to bloodelf and BiggieB, Grudge League's new Deadline coords! Smile

Welcome aboard!

Soren - Back Judge, The Reformed Church of Nuffle
Karhumies

Post   Posted: Nov 11, 2005 - 11:17 Reply with quote Back to top

My ideas for season 2 so far:

http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=group&op=view&group=2921

Feel free to make comments, improvement suggestions etc. here.
If anyone has a nice&fluffy tournament idea, send it to me as a site private message. Please also note that we need more fluff guys as staff members. I am not very familiar with the WH universe, myself...Tyrant & ZevinzeNompardi mainly made the Season 1 fluff. Smile

Lander

Post   Posted: Nov 11, 2005 - 11:24 Reply with quote Back to top

Doesn't look bad at all to me. Less KO tourneys sound nice idea 'cause it brings more games for the teams. Mr. Green
Korenn

Post   Posted: Nov 11, 2005 - 11:31 Reply with quote Back to top

I like the Racial championships idea Very Happy
Drud

Post   Posted: Nov 11, 2005 - 12:06 Reply with quote Back to top

Sounds really good to me!

Have you made any plans of moving the group to a new group page once seasen 2 starts? or will we just stay on the same group page?
dr_scitt

Post   Posted: Nov 11, 2005 - 16:52 Reply with quote Back to top

Looks very good, nice to see you planning the next season well in advance. Heres two pence (not cents, I'm English). Feel free to ignore anything you disagree with Very Happy

General
- I'm not too keen on the newly proposed points system. The gulf between a loss and a win has become greater than before, placing much more emphasis on winning each game. Seems strange to me that a team that wins two games and loses three should have more points than an undefeated coach that has drawn his five games. A fair number of people didn't complete the last rounds of the World's Edge tournie (last swiss tournie), probably because they couldn't get anywhere after a couple of draws/a loss. Obviously a gap will always open up in such a format with only a few teams able to win at the end but if these gaps are less pronounced it might not occur as much. I prefer 8/5/2 but thats me.

- More headhunt targets is nice and fluffy Very Happy

Hometown Heroes, Round Robin
- See later to the time but I'd imagine there will be more high TR teams by the end of GGB. Perhaps increase the TR cap to TR140/150 (as a TR110 v a TR150 team going to find it very tough).
- Note sure on arranging divisions by time zone as this can severely limit the number of coaches to play against. Including time zone/play time on team page would be a good idea though.

Player Awards
I like the player awards as they add some nice fluff to the teams. The only thing I dislike is that most of them only seem to be applicable to the final which increases the GL point gap between tournament winners and the rest. With the extra stats provided in the match reports (rush, pass) it should be easy to get stats for players to give non-final awards. Just ask people to submit award candidates if needed.

Team numbers
If the number of race slots is being increased to 8 it would be nice to see the number of teams per coach increase to 3. This may be just me as I have 2 higher TR teams and don't want to retire either! Very Happy. However with a fair few drop-outs having more teams available to regular coaches may not be a bad thing (3 should leave plenty of new coaches to pick from).

Overall looks nicely planned and should be fun.

P.S. I intend to get around to that Grudge League records/stats page, just been pretty busy lately.
BiggieB

Post   Posted: Nov 11, 2005 - 17:16 Reply with quote Back to top

personally I think u should do some weighting towards st diff or something, cuz all wins aint equal Smile
soren72

Post   Posted: Nov 11, 2005 - 20:14 Reply with quote Back to top

8 teams Personally I think it's too many. I like to play some of the same coaches/teams so you actually get to know peaople... and begin GRUDGES Twisted Evil

Hometown Heroes Might want to increase TR limit. Not sure about the time zone/country thing. Won't it demand a lot of work? and make things less random?

Racial Championships Excellent idea!

Tourney format Less KO is a good idea if it's a big league. Which Grudge League has become by now. The original design was for fewer teams.

Headhunts Great idea. Will help keep the TR's down.

Scoring System Points look good to me. Will hopefully make coaches risk a little more to win and make more spectacualr plays.

Player Awards Dr_scitt is on to something. Why not make 2 or 3 awards for each tourney, none of them being awarded in the finale, but for performance in the entire tourney. Like in the first tourney. Will make it possible to compete in differet ways for GL points.

Soren - Back Judge, The Reformed Church of Nuffle
Karhumies

Post   Posted: Nov 11, 2005 - 20:26 Reply with quote Back to top

dr_scitt wrote:
Looks very good, nice to see you planning the next season well in advance. Heres two pence (not cents, I'm English). Feel free to ignore anything you disagree with Very Happy

General
- I'm not too keen on the newly proposed points system. The gulf between a loss and a win has become greater than before, placing much more emphasis on winning each game. Seems strange to me that a team that wins two games and loses three should have more points than an undefeated coach that has drawn his five games. A fair number of people didn't complete the last rounds of the World's Edge tournie (last swiss tournie), probably because they couldn't get anywhere after a couple of draws/a loss. Obviously a gap will always open up in such a format with only a few teams able to win at the end but if these gaps are less pronounced it might not occur as much. I prefer 8/5/2 but thats me.

The main pooint here was this:

As it is, teams often gain more points for a KO win (often 8+ points, but minimum = 6) than a regular Swiss/RR win (+7). Now, in KO tournies the winner simultaneously advances to the next round and the winner drops out. So, the gap between tourney semifinalists will be like 4x 8 (semi player's points) - 1 or 2 (round 1 loser's points) = around 30 points. This is a whopping difference I'd like to diminish. I think that KO scoring format works as it is, so I'd rather just raise the Swiss/RR points scored.

If the win-tie-loss point ratio would have to correspond to the current 7-4-1, the new ratio should be 14-8-2. This is a bit high and hard to count, so I first ended up with 10-6-2 instead (losses are more valuable in comparison than they are as it is). However, this would also "overvalue" ties a bit, compared to the current points system (it should be 10.5-6-1.5 to be equal). Also, there is a decent amount of coaches (mainly Dwarves, Orcs and such "slow" races) doing well mainly be playing ties all the time instead of aiming for wins. This is not significant when you only look at a single tourney. But when you think they get to playoffs in a couple of tournies and then tie the rest of their matches in others, they haver got a huge advantage over fragile Elves, for example. Especially in the long run.

Personally, I'd like to avoid seeing 1-1 ties resulting just from "it is risky to try a second TD; I might lose 2-1 instead". There should be enough prize to encourage risky late game moves for a win, but not enough to make the difference between win&loss and two ties too significant (12 vs 10, 2 points difference). This is mainly ensure that the teams with most wins will go into the playoffs. Teams which take risks in order win, not teams which play it safe to tie if there is a possibility they might lose if they fail the last turn risky pass/whatever attempt instead of just securing the ball so that oppo can not score.

dr_scitt wrote:
Hometown Heroes, Round Robin
- See later to the time but I'd imagine there will be more high TR teams by the end of GGB. Perhaps increase the TR cap to TR140/150 (as a TR110 v a TR150 team going to find it very tough).
- Note sure on arranging divisions by time zone as this can severely limit the number of coaches to play against. Including time zone/play time on team page would be a good idea though.

You have a point there. The TR ratio limit is still open, because I don't know what the "low TR season one team"'s TR will be at the end of season. The main point here is that there will be three new slots of every race and thus IMO TR 150+ teams should not be allowed to wreak havoc amongst them. Maybe 120 and below or something. However, keep in mind that the TR gained above 175 or so does not really benefict the team. 5 SPP = 1 TR but the team gains less and less skills for those 5 SPP as the TR rises. Also, in tournament environment, the treasury will slowly bloat. There is no reason to spend the extra cash, as there is in Ranked. Teams even take 15-16 player rosters here! Hence, the TR for high TR GL teams does not correspond to the TR of high TR Ranked teams with 12-14 players and a very small treasury. The high TR just gives the oponent some handicaps, rather.

However, at low TR even a small difference is extremely significant. 5 TR = apoth. 6 SPP = skill, which is only 1.2 TR. If everyone got Block (11x6 points = 66 points = 11 TR difference minimum), you can already predict the outcome of the match. Not loiek with TR 150 vs TR 165 teams. Razz

In the case there aren't, say, 8 coaches per division (Oceania or something), I will combine two "close enough" divs to create a bigger one.

(more comments to follow later on)

Jump to: