15 coaches online • Server time: 03:42
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post NBFL Season 32: The ...goto Post New Gnones vs Old Gn...goto Post FUMBBL HAIKU'S
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Alpha_Dude

Post   Posted: Aug 27, 2005 - 13:48 Reply with quote Back to top

Can i complain to admin about a player?

Im near the end of a game, and about to score the winning touchdown, but my oppenent is purposly stalling...im getting a bit fed up of waiting
Eddy

Post   Posted: Aug 27, 2005 - 13:54 Reply with quote Back to top

yes you can, just go to #FumbblAdmin on IRC or fill in a support ticket.

Post   Posted: Aug 27, 2005 - 13:55 Reply with quote Back to top

Additional:

He has yet to upload results...
MrMojo

Post   Posted: Aug 27, 2005 - 14:09 Reply with quote Back to top

Report him and get him banned. Idiots like that not uploading results should be banned for life. Stalling however is a vlid tactic, but if you're referring him to playing too long turns, that is a different thing altogether.

Post   Posted: Aug 27, 2005 - 14:12 Reply with quote Back to top

Maybe he had disconnection problems, or was really in a hurry, or whatever.

Don't use "idiot" so easily. You might well be wrong.

Alphadude, you can aask for help in the Admin channel in chat. But don't use the forum for ranting.

Post   Posted: Aug 27, 2005 - 14:13 Reply with quote Back to top

I think that when Alpha Dude said "stalling", he ment that his opponent takes 10 - 15 minutes to finish his turn...

Post   Posted: Aug 27, 2005 - 14:15 Reply with quote Back to top

But there is no official turn limitations, is there? If I decide to use a tactic to make opponent concede by using 15 minutes per turn, would I really be breaking the rules?

Post   Posted: Aug 27, 2005 - 14:41 Reply with quote Back to top

MrMojo wrote:
But there is no official turn limitations, is there? If I decide to use a tactic to make opponent concede by using 15 minutes per turn, would I really be breaking the rules?
probably u will not break any rule... but surely after 2 or 3 matches u will not be able to have a new one.. Smile

Post   Posted: Aug 27, 2005 - 14:52 Reply with quote Back to top

there are rules they say you need to stay 1:30 for a game.... so if this really happens it takes longer go to admin tell them and they will tell you what to do

and before every one go to admin:
first pm him he shall upload and if he dont do it or even play a game with them, go next day to admin channel and then the get angry
but before try to solve your probs alone
origami

Post   Posted: Aug 27, 2005 - 15:08 Reply with quote Back to top

And make sure that you are actually giving the other guy the benefit of the doubt. Maybe he is having computer problems. I've had that happen to me. In one case, it was taking me longer to get the match uploaded. Within 2-3 minutes of finishing the game, I had gotten two ugly PMs from my opponent, accusing me of being an idiot who was deliberately refusing to upload the game and that she was taking this to the admins. This was in a match that I won by 2 td and took no permanent injuries.

It took me about one minute longer to actually get the results uploaded.

Like Vanguard said, send him a polite PM, have a little patience, then go the admins the next day.
golan

Post   Posted: Aug 27, 2005 - 15:34 Reply with quote Back to top

Hi,
it happened to me twice: once, it was a guy with connection problem, not able to write and read english well... I got the point, and remained patient.
Second time it was another guy, a "bastard MF", using my french dictionary. He took 10 mins every turn to decide (there was almost NOTHING to decide),
forcing me to hurry my turns to avoid a 4-hour game. A very bottom-level tactic, I say.

I agree with others: before complaining to admins, try to solve it alone, and be sure it is a PROBLEM, not a misunderstanding or something.

Bye
Captain1821

Post   Posted: Aug 27, 2005 - 15:42 Reply with quote Back to top

MrMojo wrote:

LMAO!

This have been posted at the "how to be a right bastard" thread.

Nice one MrMojo!

Post   Posted: Aug 27, 2005 - 15:53 Reply with quote Back to top

People who have tried it in the past have been blocked under the "wasting people's time, especially the admins'" clause, as well as "the administration is always correct".

Really, now, use your common sense.

Post   Posted: Aug 27, 2005 - 17:01 Reply with quote Back to top

origami wrote:
that she was taking this to the admins.

She?

Maybe she was having her period. that's the only thing we can undermine them really. Or perhaps you just used the wrong pronoun.

EDIT:
Mezir, you're such a spoilsport. Never let us have any fun.

Jump to: