28 coaches online • Server time: 07:17
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post FUMBBL HAIKU'Sgoto Post Gnome Roster - how a...goto Post Exempt teams
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Saxo

Post   Posted: Aug 29, 2005 - 12:41 Reply with quote Back to top

I have never really noticed the championship scoring system until the last game i played. Before my last match I saw on my info page that I was in 3nd place with 88.something score. I was asked to play by a coach with a much lower CR and lower TS. I said yes and won the game 3-0 and to my surprise my score for the championship declined to 87.69!!. I understand that one should get few points or no points for winning against a coach that is of much lesser experience and when playing against a team that is weaker, but to lose points when winning is a bit ridicules.

Thats my view anyway. What do you think?

Idi Amin on a live television broadcast
Laviak

Post   Posted: Aug 29, 2005 - 13:02 Reply with quote Back to top

the point of the championship is that it reflects both the number of games you win vs how many you lose, and also how 'difficult' those games are. The 'difficulty' is made up of a mixture of how high the other coach's CR is, and also the TS. I think it is a sensible way of working it out.

I guess you need to pick (and win) some tougher matches Wink

Cloggy

Post   Posted: Aug 29, 2005 - 13:17 Reply with quote Back to top

Wow. That was a bad matchup. Your match record clearly shows that you don't have a habit of playing down or cherrypicking in any way. It will balance out again.

I think the change to the formula is a just one, since before the people giong for the championship started picking on higher TS teams from low ranked opponents. I would never have imagined that a situation where a win lowers your score would actually occur, but with a 40 point diff in CR apparently it can.

Negative side effect of a good change I think.

Post   Posted: Aug 29, 2005 - 14:40 Reply with quote Back to top

I think its a good thing that one cannot gain from playing low CR players and Low TS teams, but a win should never result in point loss. The minimum for a win should be no change to the championship score. I dont know how that can be applied into the formula, but it should.
Quote:

I guess you need to pick (and win) some tougher matches

I did´nt see the match so much as a chance to rise in the championship, but more as a chance to get some spp for my players.

Idi Amin on a live television broadcast
Captain1821

Post   Posted: Aug 30, 2005 - 05:38 Reply with quote Back to top

If you are after the championship, don't play that kind of teams from new coaches Smile
I'm sure you can find a more balanced game within minutes. There are many times that the gamefinder has more than 50 ranked teams.