29 coaches online • Server time: 01:45
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post ramchop takes on the...goto Post Blackbox Teamsgoto Post Secret Stunty Cup IV
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Is experimental for you? Is it time to leave the mortal realm. And play each other as gods.
Yes.
12%
 12%  [ 8 ]
No.
87%
 87%  [ 55 ]
Total Votes : 63

JanMattys

Post   Posted: Sep 05, 2005 - 15:48 Reply with quote Back to top

I don't think I would lick Christer's boots. I would still vote "no".

I have fun in developing my teams. I have fun in playing and taking care of my players through tactics and careful positioning. I see no reason to create a roster without playing it from the start. Playing your team means you get used to it, you master it, you even learn something from it. And, sometimes, you can get a bit emotionally involved in your creature, which is cool (if you get more than a bit involved, you have a problem).

One more thing: TR100 BB is different from 150 BB which is different from TR200 BB which is different from... well, I think you get the idea.
I like to play TR100, THEN TR150, THEN TR200 and so on. To find where I stop having fun, to find at which TR I perform the best, and to see how my opponents perform at different levels.

I find BloodBowl really boring at TR 220+. Elves just win and only the dice can stop them From scoring 2Turns TDs. Bashers can maul almost anything, and have enough guards to stall for 100 turns. So BloodBowl becomes more and more dependant on the luck factor. Elves score if they don't roll snake eyes, Bashers win if they don't roll double skulls. And before you ask: an elven match which ends 8-7 is NOT fun, thankyou.

So I would mostly create teams around TR 170-200 with weird skill choiches (an all-tentacles chaos, or an all-FA skaven or an all-diving tackle Orc) and see what happens. But I REALLY doubt I would find even games. And, most of all, these games wouldn't mean anything. I play to have a challenge and have fun.

Your self-made teams would not be a challenge (because part of the coaching skill is choosing the right skill at the right moment, and have a good team menagement strategy) and it would be fun just for three games. Then I would go back to Ranked for sure.

This is why such a Division would just be an waste of time. New rules would be implemented just for kids to say "oooooh, LOOK AT MY ST6 Block-Tackle-Claw-Razor-Tentacles CHAOS WARRIOR!!!!!".

Bah.

Post   Posted: Sep 05, 2005 - 16:12 Reply with quote Back to top

JanMattys wrote:
A LOT of sensible things

Bravo!

I am afraid however that it is pearls to the swine and that thechosenone is now laughing his ass off because he made you type that excellent post with his antics.

Post   Posted: Sep 05, 2005 - 16:21 Reply with quote Back to top

Maybe.

I'll just stop feeding the Troll now.
Rolling Eyes

Post   Posted: Sep 06, 2005 - 00:43 Reply with quote Back to top

I find it marvellous, some laugth for a breack while I study Set Theory... thanks, very funny
Edit: The thread is funny but pointless.

Last edited by nin on %b %06, %2005 - %00:%Sep; edited 1 time in total
MrMojo

Post   Posted: Sep 06, 2005 - 07:48 Reply with quote Back to top

thechosenone wrote:
My dearest Nin,

"pointless thread?" "a laugh?"

Oh...and what point does rank hold for your life my friend? What makes experimental any more pointless.

To zoom the microscope out further, what makes what you do, e.g., your job, your activities, the people you interact with - your life - less pointless or more important than that of anyone else? The nerve of you raising your subjective views on a platform higher than mine.

Indeed, when I see you fall of a cliff, I also will just have a good hearty laugh too, and think about how your life is also pointless. I won't call the police or anything, or even try help you, but I will, perhaps, warrant going up to your body and bludgening what is left with a large, dirty rock.

Your dearest friend,

Thechosenone

Is this guy for real? Or just criminally insane?

Post   Posted: Sep 06, 2005 - 07:53 Reply with quote Back to top

He's a gimmick MrMojo. He makes threads because he finds our reactions hilarious.
JanMattys

Post   Posted: Sep 06, 2005 - 10:26 Reply with quote Back to top

Someone should point out that this place is for playing.
He should really create a team and show off some of his "great" talents. Or maybe even improve "a bit".
Wink