33 coaches online • Server time: 02:08
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post New Gnones vs Old Gn...goto Post Custom Icon, Portrai...goto Post All Star Bowl!
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
LouisX

Post   Posted: Sep 14, 2005 - 11:11 Reply with quote Back to top

I was just waiting for you to rewrite Bb for playing it... Do whatever you want. Who cares anyway ?
jimimothybodles

Post 14 Posted: Sep 14, 2005 - 12:31 Reply with quote Back to top

hmm.. i think you should stop trying to change what is essentially a brilliant (and popular) game.

why not start from scratch? call it bigmacbowl! get a loan from the bank, start your own company, produce a brand new game and market it with all this stuff youre working on!

sell your boxed set for anything less than £50 and kids might go for yours instead of GW blood bowl..

go for it! stop wasting your time with us morons on this forum and get out there and live your dreams man! you can do it!! i believe in you!

sk8bcn

Post   Posted: Sep 14, 2005 - 23:05 Reply with quote Back to top

LouisX wrote:
I was just waiting for you to rewrite Bb for playing it... Do whatever you want. Who cares anyway ?

I care! At least I could introduce the game to my friend. They would have a decent choice of team (without stupid overpowered bashers like khem and ogre) with a good roster, with a better written rulebook!

I hope the project to come to an end. Maybe it could replace div X

Post   Posted: Sep 15, 2005 - 11:17 Reply with quote Back to top

lol I'm so happy for you. I just don't agree with your poor analysis of the actual system, rosters and rulebook.
SnakeSanders

Post   Posted: Sep 15, 2005 - 15:26 Reply with quote Back to top

Skrofler wrote:
BigMac wrote:
it works. just click "free" at the bottom of the page;

I will repeat myself.
The download does not work = "File not found".

Shhhhhh!!!! Laughing Wink
BigMac

Post   Posted: Sep 15, 2005 - 15:50 Reply with quote Back to top

sk8bcn wrote:
LouisX wrote:

I care! At least I could introduce the game to my friend. They would have a decent choice of team (without stupid overpowered bashers like khem and ogre) with a good roster, with a better written rulebook!

Ore's will be included, Vault Version with Snotlings. I'm going to ask Ski about "Titchy" and "Vault Niggling Injuries". Maybe he's willing to add some singled out vault rules if he finds the time, before the thing becomes official.

High Elfes, Khemri, and Nurgle's Rotters are not included in the Project.

Since you all could download the Beta now, i think i can expect comments on the actual thing?

As i said before, Progression rules, which will be major parts of the Vault rules (Team Value, but no inducements, increasing player cost, but no spiraling expenses) will be availiable as a document and meant to be used "pen & paper style", but i will provide excel sheets for each team.

Still you will have to know he rules and roll your own dice to play.
SnakeSanders

Post   Posted: Sep 15, 2005 - 15:51 Reply with quote Back to top

BigMac wrote:
sk8bcn wrote:
LouisX wrote:

Ore's will be included, Vault Version with Snotlings. I'm going to ask Ski about "Titchy" and "Vault Niggling Injuries". Maybe he's willing to add some singled out vault rules if he finds the time, before the thing becomes official.

Since you all could download the Beta now, i think i can expect comments on the actual thing?

As i said before, Progression rules, which will be major parts of the Vault rules (Team Value, but no inducements, increasing player cost, but no spiraling expenses) will be availiable as a document and meant to be used "pen & paper style", but i will provide excel sheets for each team.

TBH, there is no point in testing a small selection of the Vault rules... you need to test them all as a complete ruleset that compliments each other...
BigMac

Post   Posted: Sep 15, 2005 - 15:59 Reply with quote Back to top

you don't get it do you? no you just babel without reading the 27 times i have to explain myself over and over.
i don't care about the vault rules, and i certainly don't want to play them as a "complete ruleset", wich is total changing overkill and utterly unneeded at this point.

My project is about using JAVA BOWL LRB 4.0 with MODIFIED PROGRESSION RULES.
Niggling Injuries are part of the progression rules, and it would be nice to have the balanced version. I'm pretty sure Ogre's work without titchy as well. But adding one simple racial characteristic to make the team concept work is fine with everybody i guess.
SnakeSanders

Post   Posted: Sep 15, 2005 - 16:12 Reply with quote Back to top

BigMac wrote:
you don't get it do you?

Get what? Laughing

As far as I know, and still applies... FUMBBL uses the official rules as is possible in the client, so when the vault comes, i can imagine that it will be implemented in its entirety into DivX.
No amount of whinging by you will stop the vault becoming official, so if you are thinking that you will get your wish, my guess is that you are 100% wrong Laughing

Take it up with ski and find if its possible before you post your ideas and say "Look at my superior ideas" , I am the brains of the operation! Bow down and Implement!!!
MixX

Post   Posted: Sep 15, 2005 - 18:03 Reply with quote Back to top

funny thread, no really was a good laugh.

as for the idea, about all I can agree with is that a set of sample rosters in the boxed set or included with the boxed teams wouldn´t hurt, as for the rest: go ahead, knock yourself out, but don´t expect much support for this new game of yours. And yes I have read pretty much everything in the thread I just don´t agree with you, period.
Furious_George

Post   Posted: Sep 15, 2005 - 18:35 Reply with quote Back to top

To be honest, having not played online very long myself, I learnt perfectly well with the teams that were made up for me, I dont feel the need to simplify it any further. Now im not suggesting for a blissful moment that i dont suck at bloodbowl, but i wouldnt be any better with a preplanned team laid out for me, plus it wouldnt just remove the team making section, it would also cripple the surprise factor of facing a team that, for reasons still unknown to me, would pick say, 4 catchers, or plonk early on for 4 black orcs(damn pesky phat orcs)
I for one am happy enough with the status quo Very Happy

"Hugh Mann eh? Now theres a name I can trust!"
Me Loves Futurama
BigMac

Post   Posted: Sep 16, 2005 - 00:00 Reply with quote Back to top

brownrob wrote:
BigMac wrote:
you don't get it do you?

Get what? Laughing

As far as I know, and still applies... FUMBBL uses the official rules as is possible in the client, so when the vault comes, i can imagine that it will be implemented in its entirety into DivX.
No amount of whinging by you will stop the vault becoming official, so if you are thinking that you will get your wish, my guess is that you are 100% wrong Laughing

Take it up with ski and find if its possible before you post your ideas and say "Look at my superior ideas" , I am the brains of the operation! Bow down and Implement!!!

THIS NOT SUPPOSED TO BE USED WITH FUMBBL.
DO YOU SPEAK ENGLISH???
YOU PLAY USING JAVA BOWL AND UPDATE YOUR TEAMROSTER YOURSELF WITH AN HTML TEAM EDITOR.
THIS WAY YOU CAN USE MODIFIED PROGRESSION RULES WHILE PLAYING GAMES WITH JAVA BOWL.

THE WHOLE POINT IS THAT THE TEAM LISTS HAVE BEEN MODIFIED WITH BALANCE TWEAKS, AND THE TEAM ROSTERS TO START WITH ARE FIXED FOR EACH RACE.

NOTE FOR YOU: TEAM ROSTER AND TEAM LIST ARE TWO DIFFRENT THINGS.
CorporateSlave3

Post   Posted: Sep 16, 2005 - 00:21 Reply with quote Back to top

BigMac wrote:

DO YOU SPEAK ENGLISH???
YOU PLAY USING JAVA BOWL AND UPDATE YOUR TEAMROSTER YOURSELF WITH AN HTML TEAM EDITOR.
THIS WAY YOU CAN USE MODIFIED PROGRESSION RULES WHILE PLAYING GAMES WITH JAVA BOWL.

THE WHOLE POINT IS THAT THE TEAM LISTS HAVE BEEN MODIFIED WITH BALANCE TWEAKS, AND THE TEAM ROSTERS TO START WITH ARE FIXED FOR EACH RACE.

Ow! My eye-ears! The type-shouting!

Why do you care if he speaks English? He can obviously read/write it. Are you trying to discriminate/berate deaf/dumb people? For shame!

Laughing

Post   Posted: Sep 16, 2005 - 09:47 Reply with quote Back to top

CorporateSlave3 wrote:
BigMac wrote:

DO YOU SPEAK ENGLISH???

Ow! My eye-ears! The type-shouting!

Why do you care if he speaks English? He can obviously read/write it. Are you trying to discriminate/berate deaf/dumb people? For shame!

Laughing

Stop mixing with things you're definitely NOT concerned with

Post   Posted: Sep 16, 2005 - 10:08 Reply with quote Back to top

=>yes good

=>what does bring HE to the game anyway? Khems are broken and rotters are crap.

=>pen and paper style? is it a scanned sheet that you did? Question

=>who rules? what??? roll my own dices???? I don't get that? How do I do for nigglers? I thought it was JBB not tabletop playtesting?