45 coaches online • Server time: 18:44
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Blackbox Teamsgoto Post Secret Stunty Cup IVgoto Post FUMBBL HAIKU'S
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
xlars

Post   Posted: Sep 16, 2005 - 10:43 Reply with quote Back to top

What is all this balancing about? As I see it the only "problem" are dwarfes vs zones. The rest of the starting teams are imo quite balanced, maybe not khemri and ogre, but they can be beaten too. And yes Bigmac, I HAVE read the whole tread.
/XL

Post   Posted: Sep 16, 2005 - 11:08 Reply with quote Back to top

BigMac, I'm curious: have any of your quadzillion ideas been implemented in fumbbl? And if not: when do you give up trying?Image
SnakeSanders

Post   Posted: Sep 16, 2005 - 13:43 Reply with quote Back to top

BigMac wrote:

DO YOU SPEAK ENGLISH???
YOU PLAY USING JAVA BOWL AND UPDATE YOUR TEAMROSTER YOURSELF WITH AN HTML TEAM EDITOR.
THIS WAY YOU CAN USE MODIFIED PROGRESSION RULES WHILE PLAYING GAMES WITH JAVA BOWL.

THE WHOLE POINT IS THAT THE TEAM LISTS HAVE BEEN MODIFIED WITH BALANCE TWEAKS, AND THE TEAM ROSTERS TO START WITH ARE FIXED FOR EACH RACE.

NOTE FOR YOU: TEAM ROSTER AND TEAM LIST ARE TWO DIFFRENT THINGS.

me no speakee englisch Wink

just wondering... if you dont want to use it on fumbbl, why post it here? Im curious!

At first I felt pity for you... now this is comedy gold! like winding a toy car... wind it up and watch it roar!!! Laughing

Has anyone told you its a pretty useless idea for the amount of work you have to do and the results you benefit from it? How many need to tell you that? Laughing Got any playtester yet Wink
MrMojo

Post   Posted: Sep 16, 2005 - 13:49 Reply with quote Back to top

brownrob wrote:
BigMac wrote:

DO YOU SPEAK ENGLISH???
YOU PLAY USING JAVA BOWL AND UPDATE YOUR TEAMROSTER YOURSELF WITH AN HTML TEAM EDITOR.
THIS WAY YOU CAN USE MODIFIED PROGRESSION RULES WHILE PLAYING GAMES WITH JAVA BOWL.

THE WHOLE POINT IS THAT THE TEAM LISTS HAVE BEEN MODIFIED WITH BALANCE TWEAKS, AND THE TEAM ROSTERS TO START WITH ARE FIXED FOR EACH RACE.

NOTE FOR YOU: TEAM ROSTER AND TEAM LIST ARE TWO DIFFRENT THINGS.

me no speakee englisch Wink

Of course not, you're Irish. Smile

Post   Posted: Sep 16, 2005 - 14:35 Reply with quote Back to top

pen and paper style:
you have to make your starplayer rolls yourself, update your player cost yourself.
you have to update the whole team roster youself, using the results overview generatd by Java Bowl. Either you do it all on paper with a pencil or in a excel roster that i provide.
The exel file just auto calc's your Team Rating (Total Cost of Team / 10) and removes players with the status "missing" from the cost.
To play your next match you will have to edit your team roster with a basic editior in order to play. I'll include that in the next version as well.
Regarding nigglings: java bowl does that in the pre match sequence.

High Elfes and Elves are pretty much merged. As you can see i even used the High Elf icons and portraits, and the Elf Champion wil be Prince Moranion.
Basically i picked up the old idea of replacing the high elf team, which was turned down and and Elf were added by the rules review back then.
 Jump to: