24 coaches online • Server time: 08:21
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post Gnome Roster - how a...goto Post Skittles' Centu...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
WG|Dark_Angel

Post   Posted: Sep 12, 2005 - 00:36 Reply with quote Back to top

One of my Wardancers managed to get a double despite my continuous effort to get him another +st Wink

http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=player&player_id=2235115

Anyway, as he pretty much has already everything he needs, I am somewhat intrigued as to what to give him. I am tied between Frenzy and Jump Up, but I've hat Jump Up on a former WD and it didn't rule as much as I hoped it would. The skill was used far too seldom. Frenzy seems kind of a suicide to me, as he is primarily used for blitzing the ball-carrier. However, he does have St4 ...

Anyway, I'll hand this over to you. I'll not decide based on a poll, but rather on the most convinving argument :>
JanMattys

Post   Posted: Sep 12, 2005 - 00:39 Reply with quote Back to top

Mighty Blow is the answer.
You say it's your main blitzer. He has ST4. And elves do need a punch. So this is the perfect choice. Leaping ST4 guy means no catcher is safe, and with Mb you potentially get 16 MB-blitzes per match.

Frenzy is a waste and a mistake, cause all wood elves (elves in general) NEED very careful positioning, and frenzy basically forces you to follow blocks.

Jump Up is super good indeed, but you don't really need extra movement with wood elves, PLUS any ST4 strip ball Wd with Jump up asks for a foul whenever he gets down.

MB is the first (and only) choice.

Last edited by JanMattys on %b %12, %2005 - %00:%Sep; edited 1 time in total
Optihut

Post   Posted: Sep 12, 2005 - 00:41 Reply with quote Back to top

Mighty Blow, as it is a nice addition to ST4 and tackle.

As for the choice between Frenzy and Jump Up, I'd rather take frenzy: You said you were mostly blitzing with him anyway, so he can always run to safety after the blitz. Frenzy helps the odds of taking down the ballbearer.
Jinxed

Post   Posted: Sep 12, 2005 - 00:43 Reply with quote Back to top

He blitzes a lot so I'd agree with JanMattys; mb

Post   Posted: Sep 12, 2005 - 00:43 Reply with quote Back to top

A ST 4 wardancer with tackle and stripball?

MB no doubt
WG|Dark_Angel

Post   Posted: Sep 12, 2005 - 00:49 Reply with quote Back to top

Mighty Blow taken Smile

Thanks guys.
torsoboy

Post   Posted: Sep 12, 2005 - 01:03 Reply with quote Back to top

JanMattys wrote:

Jump Up is super good indeed, but you don't really need extra movement with wood elves, PLUS any ST4 strip ball Wd with Jump up asks for a foul whenever he gets down.

I've seen this argument countless times, but still don't understand: a wardancer that gets prone (with or without Jump Up) should get fouled. Then what diference does it make for it to get Jump Up or not?
CircularLogic

Post   Posted: Sep 12, 2005 - 01:36 Reply with quote Back to top

JumpUp is a very nice skill.
BUT wardancer shouldn´t get knocked prone so easy AND a ST4 wardancer will be prone even less often. So that´s why I wouldn´t go for JumpUp.

JumpUp is nice for AV8 elves.
Shakall

Post   Posted: Sep 12, 2005 - 01:46 Reply with quote Back to top

no one mentions side step couldn´t that be a nice addition aswell?
or wait i guess thats not a doubble =)
JanMattys

Post   Posted: Sep 12, 2005 - 10:35 Reply with quote Back to top

torsoboy wrote:
JanMattys wrote:

I've seen this argument countless times, but still don't understand: a wardancer that gets prone (with or without Jump Up) should get fouled. Then what diference does it make for it to get Jump Up or not?

Despite common opinion, not many foul "often" in ranked. Many would just let the Wd prone. BUT if you happen to be in range with the ballcarrier and have leap, you are more likely to be fouled to get a stun at least. With JumpUp you are dangerous three squares more far, so you are more likely to get fouled in a 10 squares range instead of the "usual" 8 squares range. That's the difference. Not a big one, but still the argument makes sense. Plus, JumpUp lets you block from prone position, i.e. you can't cage near a prone Wd with JumpUp. Hence, the increased chance of a foul to stun or worse.

Post   Posted: Sep 12, 2005 - 16:43 Reply with quote Back to top

MB.