58 coaches online • Server time: 00:06
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnome Roster - how a...goto Post Skittles' Centu...goto Post Gnomes are trash
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
#1 Nub Finger
#2 Gud MudGurgler
16%
 16%  [ 4 ]
#15 Nostril Domass
41%
 41%  [ 10 ]
#16 Ungry Cankersore
12%
 12%  [ 3 ]
no one keep them all
20%
 20%  [ 5 ]
#13 Scar Stitchface (-ag)
8%
 8%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 24

keggiemckill

Post   Posted: Sep 12, 2005 - 22:44 Reply with quote Back to top

This team was my first Fummbl team. I have 130k in the bank and 4 niggles. Not sure who to replace since they are all studs. What do you guys think?
http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=team&op=view&team_id=120685

Jeffro
runebrathset

Post   Posted: Sep 12, 2005 - 22:52 Reply with quote Back to top

both thrower and the troll and buy a new troll
Lamoron

Post   Posted: Sep 12, 2005 - 22:54 Reply with quote Back to top

My words excatly.... Nub Flinger & the Troll, by new troll.

Post   Posted: Sep 12, 2005 - 23:06 Reply with quote Back to top

lol, I guess I messed up the poll. Oh well.

Jeffro
PurpleChest

Post   Posted: Sep 12, 2005 - 23:35
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

Sack all 4 nigglers and buy a new thrower. Keep the change to replace to over tr'd blitzer after the next game (the + and - ag guy) as he will never justify his tr drag.

That will give you a good solid base of experienced BOB's and decent blitzers, with some OK lineorcs and the rookie thrower is usally good enough for orcs, as throwing doesnt seem a major part of most orc gameplans.

probably save for a troll next.

Oh and trim the coaches. 5! Why?
Mezir

Post   Posted: Sep 13, 2005 - 00:11 Reply with quote Back to top

Fire the two throwers and the lino, keep the troll for the time being, buy a new Thrower with the 130k (so you've got 13 players again), save until you can afford a new troll, then buy a new troll, then save to replace the -ag Blitzer.

Purplechest's method works too, but getting the new troll should take one match, two tops( unless you're really unlucky) and you can stick around with a single niggle for that long, and he doesn't add very much to your TR anyway.

Post   Posted: Sep 13, 2005 - 00:35 Reply with quote Back to top

What Mezir said... Or just fire the troll right away... who needs them Turnover-causers anyway?

Post   Posted: Sep 13, 2005 - 00:55 Reply with quote Back to top

I should have given an optoin for all 4. Didnt quite think it through. You guys are saying get rid of 2 ag 4 throwers? Maybe thats why my record is so poor. I really try to use a throwing game with every team I have. regardless of AG. Right now that team sort of has 3 throwers (all with niggles Sad ) The way I see it is to keep all three almost insuring that I have atleats on or 2 ag4 throwers at once. Losing them all could be good, because of the TR drop. Not sure yet what to do.

Jeffro
Mezir

Post   Posted: Sep 13, 2005 - 01:06 Reply with quote Back to top

Try firing them all, this would force you into a running/caging play style, rather than a passing one (well, unless you'd persist in tossing the ball around with the rookie thrower Smile), and in the long run, learning how to do that properly gives you a whole new range of weapons.

Plus it'd give you a decent TR drop and you have a solid base to work on.

Post   Posted: Sep 13, 2005 - 01:06 Reply with quote Back to top

Trolls are amusing at best but mostly just plain frustrating. No orc team ever actually needed a troll.
With that line-up I'd sack the troll and get a goblin to increase the number of possible tactics.

Mondays, 20:00-0:00
Tuesdays, 20:00-0:00
Wednesdays, 20:00-0:00
Thursdays, 22:00-0:00
Fridays, preferably not
Weekends, generally daytime 8:00-17:00
Tank

Post   Posted: Sep 13, 2005 - 01:48 Reply with quote Back to top

Either Purplechests and mezirs options for rebuilding would work well.

But on a different note, relating to why they dont win as often as you'd like.
When playing Orcs you should try getting your black orcs some TD's so they are on there way to getting their block+MB or block+Guard combo A.S.A.P, then leave them to there own devices.
I can see why u'd want to go with a passing game with no less than 4 +AG guys, but black orcs are your bread and butter. I usually find opponents willing to block unskilled BO's two dice my chioce. Mainly cause the odds of getting my BO down or just pushing'em away are still in their favour.

Post   Posted: Sep 13, 2005 - 02:27 Reply with quote Back to top

hhmm I thought about it and heres what I most likely will do (not 100% yet)- I will drop the blitzer. I know that most guys are apposed to niggles, but Ill continue on with them. With three AG 4 throwers on the field I can move the ball nicely with those long kicks that every one tends to deliver to me. Ill also keep the Troll because I rarely hit with big guys, they are there to take the brunt of my hits. A troll with 6 strength just meens a coach needs 2 or 3 players to knock him down. 2 including a big guy. Anyways thanks for the help even though Im going against the popular votes. Besides they are only pixels. Smile

Jeffro
keggiemckill

Post   Posted: Sep 13, 2005 - 02:29 Reply with quote Back to top

PS
I have tried to give my BOBs TDs, but they dislike the ball, and wear ping pong paddles for gloves. I cant do much about it.

Jeffro
MrMojo

Post   Posted: Sep 13, 2005 - 08:43 Reply with quote Back to top

Well they do. Didn't you know that?

Post   Posted: Sep 13, 2005 - 08:53 Reply with quote Back to top

Get rid of Nub Flinger, he serves no purpose, and Gud is not neccessary either. Maybe even get rid of that troll and replace him.