36 coaches online • Server time: 01:01
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post ramchop takes on the...goto Post Blackbox Teamsgoto Post Secret Stunty Cup IV
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Which Big Guy would be best on the Norse team? (read the post first!)
Yeti (Yhetee)
73%
 73%  [ 50 ]
Troll
7%
 7%  [ 5 ]
Minotaur
8%
 8%  [ 6 ]
Ogre
7%
 7%  [ 5 ]
None of these, I have a different suggestion!
2%
 2%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 68

SnakeSanders

Post   Posted: Sep 15, 2005 - 15:43 Reply with quote Back to top

There is a discussion going on in the Vault forum (check the link in my signature) to see if folk woulf like the idea of a Yeti (or Yhetee) for the Norse to Replace the Mino/Ogre option.
I like this idea as the Yeti is "wild" without being Chaotic as in a mino (Norse arent Chaos Marauders!)
The Snow Troll is a troll essentially... but for me as well, i feel a troll is too chaotic still

Please vote for the option you like best

Code:
Yhetee (120,000 gold)
5/5/1/8
LONER, Claws, Disturbing Presence, Frenzy, Wild Animal
Normal: S
Double: GAP

Claw(s) (Mutation)
A player with this skill is blessed with a huge crab like claw or razor sharp
talons that make armour useless. When an opponent is knocked down
during a block any armour roll of 8 or more after modifications
automatically breaks armour.

Disturbing Presence (Mutation)
This player's presence is very disturbing whether it is caused by a
massive cloud of flies, sprays of soporific musk, aura of random chaos,
or a pheromone that causes fear and panic. Regardless of the nature of
this mutation, any player must subtract 1 from the D6 when they pass,
intercept or catch the ball for each opposing player with Disturbing
Presence that is within three squares of them even if the Disturbing Presence player is prone.

Loner (Extraordinary)
Loners prefer to work on their own, and are not noted for paying terribly
much attention to what is going on in team practice sessions! As a result,
Loners may not use Team Re-rolls unless they first roll a 4+ on a D6. On
a roll of 1-3 the original result stands and the re-roll is lost.

Code:
Minotaur (150,000 gold)
5/5/2/8 Loner, Frenzy, Horns, Mighty Blow, Thick Skull, Wild Animal
Normal: S
Double: GAP

Code:
Snow Troll (110,000 gold)
4/5/1/9 Loner, Always Hungry, Mighty Blow, Really Stupid, Regenerate, Throw Team-mate

Code:
Ogre (140,000 gold)
5/5/2/9 Loner, Bone-head, Mighty Blow, Thick Skull, Throw Team-mate
Gran

Post   Posted: Sep 15, 2005 - 16:58 Reply with quote Back to top

No, the Big Guy for Norse should be Were-Bear, no doubt. I don't have a clue about stats though, but I'm sure there would be a Frenzy in there somewhere. If not that I'd go with the Minotaur, or maybe the Yhetee.

Today Is A Good Day For Someone Else To Die!
-- (Terry Pratchett, Feet of Clay)

Last edited by Gran on %b %15, %2005 - %20:%Sep; edited 1 time in total
Gran

Post   Posted: Sep 15, 2005 - 17:02 Reply with quote Back to top

How would <b>6/4/3/8 Loner, Claws, Frenzy, Thick Skull, Wild Animal</b> look? Too good?

Ironik

Post   Posted: Sep 15, 2005 - 17:10 Reply with quote Back to top

Mino with bone head seems reasonable.
Weeeell it is not real WH world and some maybe some marauders who tames the minoes.
Why not?
Gran

Post   Posted: Sep 15, 2005 - 17:14 Reply with quote Back to top

There is, by the way, a really sweet and cuddly Were-Bear mini. You can take a look at it here: http://uk.games-workshop.com/storefront/store.uk?do=Individual&code=99110214007&orignav=9

EDIT: Happy Seppuku?

Last edited by Gran on %b %15, %2005 - %20:%Sep; edited 1 time in total
Furious_George

Post   Posted: Sep 15, 2005 - 17:25 Reply with quote Back to top

Yeti, Sasquatch, Bigfoot, call it what you like, these guys are plain cool, and would be a welcome addition to my norse side, much as im still rather attatched to my Minotaur, it just seems a bit 'wrong' to have him.

"Hugh Mann eh? Now theres a name I can trust!"
Me Loves Futurama
HollowOne

Post   Posted: Sep 15, 2005 - 17:37 Reply with quote Back to top

I think the Yeti is kinda cool. I'm okay with the Snow Troll. I think the Mino and the Ogre are a little bit boring.

Post   Posted: Sep 15, 2005 - 17:55 Reply with quote Back to top

1)I hate the Yeti idea
2)Isn't a Yeti unique? Isn't Sasquatch name more adapted?
3)Norse aren't Chaos Marauders=>right but chaos maradeurs comes essentially from their ranks and a troll FITS to the background IF (but not only IF- it's not an equivalence) they are threated the same way as in Warhammer's background.
4)Norse are, according to the Chaos human book, far away from Vikings. I don't see Yeti (or Sasquatch) fitting to them. I just speak around background. Statwise, I did not look.

Post   Posted: Sep 15, 2005 - 18:07 Reply with quote Back to top

sk8bcn wrote:
1)I hate the Yeti idea
2)Isn't a Yeti unique? Isn't Sasquatch name more adapted?
3)Norse aren't Chaos Marauders=>right but chaos maradeurs comes essentially from their ranks and a troll FITS to the background IF (but not only IF- it's not an equivalence) they are threated the same way as in Warhammer's background.
4)Norse are, according to the Chaos human book, far away from Vikings. I don't see Yeti (or Sasquatch) fitting to them. I just speak around background. Statwise, I did not look.

Hiow about if you changed the name on your roster to "Troll" would you look at the stats then??? Very Happy
heinz

Post   Posted: Sep 15, 2005 - 18:21 Reply with quote Back to top

Statwise the Yeti seems balanced IMO. The new claw would be a good weapon vs. high av-teams, and the disturbing precense opens some interesting play possibilities.

Post   Posted: Sep 15, 2005 - 18:31 Reply with quote Back to top

I think it all depends how balanced the claws end up being within the game. Seems ok.

Jigplums

Post   Posted: Sep 15, 2005 - 18:39 Reply with quote Back to top

i think as stands its far too good as you've originally posted....definately too good. why make up a load of totally new skills when there are already skills in place? also whats with the "better" big guys? if we could pay for extra/better skills for mino's trolls and ogres we all would. They are how they are to keep them from unbalancing the game
AlanHasek

Post   Posted: Sep 15, 2005 - 18:49 Reply with quote Back to top

What about 2 wolves and a beast master? something unique as the norse team is quite unlike anything else available. Start with a basic norse profile maybe for a blitzer E.g. Stats the same with Dodge, Block, Empathy (to control his beasts). Give him a whip as a weapon (works like prehensile tail for dodging) but an option to use it to strike from a distance of one square away, so not side by side, maybe make this strength 4 like beastmen with horns but on the result of a double on injury or armour the ref sending him off, argue call as normal. Note this only counts if attacking from one square away as toe to toe he would rather use his fists and feet.

The wolves. Str 3, Agi 4, Mv 8, arm 8.
Skills. Dodge, Sure Feet, Sprint, wild animal (only if the beastmaster is off the field), razor sharp claws, bounding Leap

Counts as two player choices when setting up.

Wolves cannot pick up the ball for obvious reasons but the bestmaster can. only the beastmaster can generate skills
but on the same note wolves can't suffer niggling injuries as the beastmaster tends to there wounds (works like apo after the game)

Cost for 2 wolves and a beastmaster 150,000

I think this would give them some real character, like the dwarves with there death roller, snotlings with the pump wagon and chaos dwarf with the centaur
Seppuku

Post   Posted: Sep 15, 2005 - 18:53 Reply with quote Back to top

You guys heard of a wearwolf?

Or is it possible that you haven't because it's a Werewolf?

FFS, any more talk of Wearbears and i'll start T16 fouling ppl. Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

Or is a Wearbear an old bear that has arthritis? Jesus, is it supposed to be double-niggled at the time of purchase?

Post   Posted: Sep 15, 2005 - 19:07 Reply with quote Back to top

Jigplums wrote:
i think as stands its far too good as you've originally posted....definately too good. why make up a load of totally new skills when there are already skills in place? also whats with the "better" big guys? if we could pay for extra/better skills for mino's trolls and ogres we all would. They are how they are to keep them from unbalancing the game

The skills that I have shown are going to be official when the vault does, and it is going to replace the LRB! I dont know if you had realised this or not, judging from your reply, you havent read the latest version! Essentially, Big Guy has become Loner, Claws has been nerfed down, Foul Appearance was split into 2 skills, and are available on normal rolls for the mutating races

If you take a look at the Vault Rulebook you can have a quick gander at it Smile there is a link somewhere in the forum...

Well here it is anyway...

Vault LRB 1.9

@ everyone else who mentioned different players...

I think the options we have are limited to the 4 I posted above, The BBRC would be unlikely to post a Werebear thing unless it had (good statlines, and extremely good and fitting fluff to go with it), I guess that was my fault as the 5th option is slightly misleading... but as it stands, its looking good for the Yhetee (its also my favourite one too, the lack of Mighty Blow and addition of Disturbing Prescence will make it an interesting Big Guy) Galak has written up the following fluff for the Yhetee Big Guy

Galakstarscraper wrote:
Did you know...
Blood Bowl has a growing and very enthusiastic following in Norsca, which is hardly surprising considering the Norse love of anything in the slightest bit violent. Norse teams are not renowned for their subtle tactics, and have been known to forget all about the ball in their rush to inflict severe and, if possible, crippling damage on the opposition! Some Norse teams have even started bringing Yhetees down from the icy mountain tops to increase the violence in their matches. These wild beasts have long fused claws that can rip through armour with ease. They also exude an aura of cold so powerful that opponents find it difficult to handle the ball around the Yhetee as their joints start to freeze! That works out just fine for the Norse teams as it gives them more time to maim their opposition.
 Jump to: