17 coaches online • Server time: 05:52
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post ramchop takes on the...goto Post Blackbox Teamsgoto Post Secret Stunty Cup IV
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Which Big Guy would be best on the Norse team? (read the post first!)
Yeti (Yhetee)
73%
 73%  [ 50 ]
Troll
7%
 7%  [ 5 ]
Minotaur
8%
 8%  [ 6 ]
Ogre
7%
 7%  [ 5 ]
None of these, I have a different suggestion!
2%
 2%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 68

Gran

Post   Posted: Sep 15, 2005 - 20:19 Reply with quote Back to top

Seppuku wrote:
You guys heard of a wearwolf?

Or is it possible that you haven't because it's a Werewolf?

FFS, any more talk of Wearbears and i'll start T16 fouling ppl. Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

Or is a Wearbear an old bear that has arthritis? Jesus, is it supposed to be double-niggled at the time of purchase?

Hah-hah... Sure, I messed up the spelling, so what (If it makes you any happier we could run this forum in my mother tongue instead... Razz ).
As there are Werebears in the GW background for the area, it's only fitting to have one on the Norse team. And Werewolfs, although very cool, are still only ST3. Not very Big Guy to me... It was ony an idea, you don't have to like it. But to me it seems a bit boring to just hand out a stupid ST5 guy to ever team.

Today Is A Good Day For Someone Else To Die!
-- (Terry Pratchett, Feet of Clay)
Gran

Post   Posted: Sep 15, 2005 - 20:25 Reply with quote Back to top

brownrob wrote:
@ everyone else who mentioned different players...

I think the options we have are limited to the 4 I posted above, The BBRC would be unlikely to post a Werebear thing unless it had (good statlines, and extremely good and fitting fluff to go with it), I guess that was my fault as the 5th option is slightly misleading... but as it stands, its looking good for the Yhetee (its also my favourite one too, the lack of Mighty Blow and addition of Disturbing Prescence will make it an interesting Big Guy)[...]

No problem, I would probably have posted it anyway. Mostly to get to use the model with my Norse...

Today Is A Good Day For Someone Else To Die!
-- (Terry Pratchett, Feet of Clay)
Shepherd

Post   Posted: Sep 15, 2005 - 20:47 Reply with quote Back to top

As I grumped over on the TBB forums:

Voted Snow Troll, because it's the only Big Guy a Norse team might plausibly have to recruit.

Okay, ogres are passable. But Minotaurs and Yeti? You might as well say "Chupacabra" or "Space Alien" for all the sense it makes.

I know that WH fluff and Our Planet Earth don't really mesh all the time, but I have a real problem with something as erratic as sticking a Yeti or a Minotaur with a bunch of Norsemen.

I mean, if you just read up a bit, you have all sorts of interesting big guys ... there are Ice and Snow Trolls in existing mythology, Berzerkers, Were-Bears, Giants, even demi-gods if you want to get into it. Valkyries, for that matter.

Just 'cuz Norse live in snowy places and Yeti live in snowy places doesn't mean the two should hook up. That's like giving the Amazons Godzilla as a Big Guy because after all, they're both from islands...

Jump to: