47 coaches online • Server time: 17:00
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Skittles' Centu...goto Post Gnome Roster - how a...goto Post Gnomes are trash
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Psilocybe

Post 9 Posted: Sep 18, 2005 - 14:39 Reply with quote Back to top

i ahve been playing like 5-6 matches now with my ogre team and i am always unlucky ( and i mean REALLY unlucky... ) what can i do to change my luck just a bit for my poor ogre team ???

just a litlle taste on my bad luck.

( made 3 bad bonehead rolls and 4 skull rolls in a row on. )
( made 12 skull rolls in a row )
(have only complettet 1 pass out of 16 )
( have only made 2 throw player moves out of 21 )

so as you can see i need ALOT of luck...

plz help me out... Crying or Very sad

http://snigernissen.mybrute.com
MrMojo

Post   Posted: Sep 18, 2005 - 14:43 Reply with quote Back to top

Mmm...play elves, they only fail with 1.

Post   Posted: Sep 18, 2005 - 14:44 Reply with quote Back to top

You have picked a hard team to coach. with few rerolls it is best not to try to many risky moves. You shouldn't be passing the ball, unless it is at the end of a half and for the spp. Try to block with 3 dice whenever possible, you will normally need only 2 assists to do this. If an ogre is in an important place, it could be wise not to touch him, so he can't lose his tz's with a bonehead.

Other than that, you will have to suck up the bad luck like the rest of us, and smile when the good luck comes your way.
The_Mighty_Ren

Post   Posted: Sep 18, 2005 - 14:55 Reply with quote Back to top

New Ogre teams are always going to suffer from bad luck.

They get one rr and have 5 2+ bonehead rolls per turn, no block (and only have access on doubles) and slow movement. And even if you keep TTM simple, it's still 3+/4+.

The best advice is to play another team (personally, I find Dark Elves are the easiest team to coach) first, Ogres are an unforgiving bunch of guys to coach.

Post   Posted: Sep 18, 2005 - 14:56 Reply with quote Back to top

I only play againts ogres. It's so much fun.

Post   Posted: Sep 18, 2005 - 15:12 Reply with quote Back to top

hi, your luck will come and go, i'm trying with an ogre team and suffered my first death today (by a foul grr) and i couldnt damage any of his team no matter what, they all went bonehead at the wrong moment, all kinds of problems! but the game before that i couldnt put a foot wrong i beat the crap out of my opp's team and actually WON! not through good coaching i might add (i'm a bit crap) but through some good luck and lots of negative 2 dice blocks against me hehe, what i'm saying is just keep trying, nuffle will throw you a bone now and again you just have to suck it up and keep smileing Very Happy
thesquig

Post   Posted: Sep 18, 2005 - 16:24 Reply with quote Back to top

Play more games and luck evens itself out. Having an unlucky run of 4 games certainly isnt unusual...there are alot of people who think they are always unlucky, these guys are usually just crap...

... like me Wink

Psilocybe

Post   Posted: Sep 18, 2005 - 17:48 Reply with quote Back to top

ok so far i have heard alot about ogres are hard to coach and i must admit they are quite the challenge for a noob like myself, but they are really funne once you get the hang of the game, and ( read the rulebook again and again and again... ) after my last game i have putten a litlle trust in the team... ( i have lost 2 and played 2 draw matches... )
now i have 3 players announced mvp ( one of them twice Razz and he didnt even enter the game at all, just had "Greatest" handicap on him... Very Happy )
and have gotten some skills for some of the goblins...
so i think im on the right track to glory with them now ( at least for the distance they will go Wink )

So guys...

Thx alot for the comments on what to do it made my trust a litlle bigger in the game ( and ref´s Razz )

http://snigernissen.mybrute.com
 Jump to: