23 coaches online • Server time: 01:05
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnome Roster - how a...goto Post NBFL Season 32: The ...goto Post SWL Season 100!
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Should the TS difference rule go?
Yes! Stunties need fair odds more than anyone else.
19%
 19%  [ 24 ]
No, all stunties should be relegated to Stunty Leeg.
11%
 11%  [ 14 ]
I don't care.
17%
 17%  [ 21 ]
This poll is stupid.
51%
 51%  [ 63 ]
Total Votes : 122

Skrofler

Post   Posted: Sep 17, 2005 - 12:43 Reply with quote Back to top

Ranked rules discriminates against stunties.
My goblins are quite often forced to give handicap in ranked games. Why? Because of the team strength difference rule.

Goblin teams have commonly about 30 points lower TS than TR. Certain races at approximately 150 TR commonly have 10-15 points higher TS than TR. Since the rules states that I can not play teams with more than +40 TS the consequences are as obvious as they are discriminating.
I have to play lower TR teams or teams with a lot of serious injuries in order to get a game.
To make things worse, one of these races is Lizardmen which is a race that goblins have no natural advantage against. The other races I have observed showing this pattern are undead and necromancer.

Now, the league designers probably think that a 150 TR stunty team is much worse off than any equally rated team and that TS should represent this. However, as long as handicap is based on TR this is utterly irrelevant for me as a goblin coach. I really want to continue playing in ranked because of the impression that there are more skilled and motivated coaches there.
To the administrators: Please get rid of this discriminating system and let me compete at fair odds in ranked.

Last edited by Skrofler on %b %17, %2005 - %13:%Sep; edited 1 time in total
phil78

Post   Posted: Sep 17, 2005 - 12:56 Reply with quote Back to top

But the fun of playing goblins is surely the fact that they are always at a disadvantage and should lose most of their games. They're goblins so just aren't really cut out for bloodbowl. Very Happy
Skrofler

Post   Posted: Sep 17, 2005 - 13:08 Reply with quote Back to top

phil78 wrote:
But the fun of playing goblins is surely the fact that they are always at a disadvantage and should lose most of their games. They're goblins so just aren't really cut out for bloodbowl. Very Happy

...and that's why you need handicap when playing against them?
I'm sorry but I don't follow your logic.
Torellion_Hawkwind

Post   Posted: Sep 17, 2005 - 13:13 Reply with quote Back to top

Skrofler wrote:
Ranked rules discriminates against stunties.
My goblins are quite often forced to give handicap in ranked games. Why? Because of the team strength difference rule.

Goblin teams have commonly about 30 points lower TS than TR. Certain races at approximately 150 TR commonly have 10-15 points higher TS than TR. Since the rules states that I can not play teams with more than +40 TS the consequences are as obvious as they are discriminating.
I have to play lower TR teams or teams with a lot of serious injuries in order to get a game.
To make things worse, one of these races is Lizardmen which is a race that goblins have no natural advantage against. The other races I have observed showing this pattern are undead and necromancer.

Now, the league designers probably thinks that a 150 TR stunty team is much worse off than any equally rated team and that TS should represent this. However, as long as handicap is based on TR this is utterly irrelevant for me as a goblin coach. I really want to continue playing in ranked because of the impression that there are more skilled and motivated coaches there.
To the administrators: Please get rid of this discriminating system and let me compete at fair odds in ranked.

I can understand the argument, but TS is specific to Fumbbl, its not a occicial LRB thing, hence its only guidline.

The TR is LRB, so the problem lies in the OFFICIAL rule, and untill official rules chang, it will always be like this on fumbbl Sad
OldBugman

Post   Posted: Sep 17, 2005 - 13:21 Reply with quote Back to top

hire some stars and yor TS comes right up.
Skrofler

Post   Posted: Sep 17, 2005 - 13:36 Reply with quote Back to top

Torellion Hawkwind wrote:
The TR is LRB, so the problem lies in the OFFICIAL rule, and untill official rules chang, it will always be like this on fumbbl

No. There's no reason to expect official rules to comply with FUMBBL. Therefore the problem is still the rules in ranked.

OldBugman wrote:
hire some stars and yor TS comes right up.

Since this would damage my team (loss of money and SPP) and not get rid of the basic problem (the disadvantage of low TS) it would be a bad idea.

Last edited by Skrofler on %b %17, %2005 - %13:%Sep; edited 1 time in total
OldBugman

Post   Posted: Sep 17, 2005 - 13:37 Reply with quote Back to top

no way, nobbla is great.. and ripper rocks.. 3 TROLLS!
Skrofler

Post   Posted: Sep 17, 2005 - 13:42 Reply with quote Back to top

That's beside the point. If I wanted star players I would hire star players, but I don't. The problem remains and I can't be blamed for it simply because I refuse to throw away money at one time boosts to my TS.

Mondays, 20:00-0:00
Tuesdays, 20:00-0:00
Wednesdays, 20:00-0:00
Thursdays, 22:00-0:00
Fridays, preferably not
Weekends, generally daytime 8:00-17:00
OverDose

Post   Posted: Sep 17, 2005 - 13:49 Reply with quote Back to top

That TS difference protects your stupid goblins from getting in to games you would clearly lose. And what's the point of playing a Goblin team without Nobbla? Clearly he is THE best player on the team.

This poll is stupid, and if TS difference rule would be removed, it would surely increase the rate of cherrypicking.
SnakeSanders

Post   Posted: Sep 17, 2005 - 13:53 Reply with quote Back to top

tbh... if your playing stunties and worrying about TS, you are playing them for the wrong reasons... Sad
Skrofler

Post   Posted: Sep 17, 2005 - 13:56 Reply with quote Back to top

OverDose wrote:
That TS difference protects your stupid goblins from getting in to games you would clearly lose. And what's the point of playing Goblin team without Nobbla?

Just because you can't handle a goblin team doesn't mean that anyone with a half a brain couldn't.
And the issue here is clearly not whether Nobbla rocks or blows. You like him - I don't. It's fine that way.

OverDose wrote:
This poll is stupid, and if TS difference rule would be removed, it would surely increase the rate of cherrypicking.

I don't consider cherrypicking a problem. Coaches are free to play any match-up they want.
Skrofler

Post   Posted: Sep 17, 2005 - 13:57 Reply with quote Back to top

brownrob wrote:
tbh... if your playing stunties and worrying about TS, you are playing them for the wrong reasons... Sad

Please explain. What are the right reasons?
Tinkywinky

Post   Posted: Sep 17, 2005 - 14:05 Reply with quote Back to top

brownrob wrote:

He says that he wants to play teams with equal TR so it's quite the opposite of what you think. Goblins are meant to suck but the TS-restrictions of Fumbbl don't allow them to suck as much as they are supposed to.
OverDose

Post   Posted: Sep 17, 2005 - 14:06 Reply with quote Back to top

Skrofler wrote:
Just because you can't handle a goblin team doesn't mean that anyone with a half a brain couldn't.
Says the guy whose goblin team is going 4/1/5. I challenge your Nobbla-free goblin team to a match against my halflings then : )

I just don't think that a goblin team is much harder to coach than halflings.
Skrofler

Post   Posted: Sep 17, 2005 - 15:15 Reply with quote Back to top

Tinkywinky wrote:
brownrob wrote:

He says that he wants to play teams with equal TR so it's quite the opposite of what you think. Goblins are meant to suck but the TS-restrictions of Fumbbl don't allow them to suck as much as they are supposed to.

Errr, no. I want to play teams with equal TR and that's what I stated in my opening post. Ranked rules prevents me from doing that. Ergo: TS-restrictions make goblins suck even more. Taking away TS-restrictions couldn't possibly hurt me since I'm free to choose my opponents anyway.
 Jump to: