41 coaches online • Server time: 20:00
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post NBFL Season 32: The ...goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post FUMBBL HAIKU'S
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Do you think this is a better Norse Team than what we have now?
Yes
48%
 48%  [ 18 ]
No
51%
 51%  [ 19 ]
Total Votes : 37

Lord_Makari

Post   Posted: Sep 18, 2005 - 08:49 Reply with quote Back to top

Catchers are important to Norse. Only Agi based players they have, and with str3, its almost best to build them as Anti-Catcher, Catchers.

I just brought up zons cause unlike norse, the only other 6337 team(excluding vampires, which have 6449s), they are balanced. Look at it like this. zons get 12 free doubles. zons get dodge, and are clearly more defensive then offensive when compaired to norse. Frenzy is a double for every single norse player on the roster, cept the BG (unless mino, then its free.) Besides, its really fluffy and think of the ways you could play if you had 11 frenzy on the pitch =X

Come to think about it, what if norse just got two extra blitzers for their roster? 6 blitzers, 2 throwers, 2 catchers, and say, 10 linemen max.

Just food for thought.. I just dont think adding str4 and claw players to the team is fixing the problem, its just slapping a bandaid on it. the real problem is their bonus skills are too focused on too few people.. Evil or Very Mad

Last edited by Lord_Makari on %b %18, %2005 - %09:%Sep; edited 1 time in total
Spaceman_Spiff

Post   Posted: Sep 18, 2005 - 08:59 Reply with quote Back to top

I dont personaly belive the Norse team needs to be changed at all for Vault. They are a decent team and while the may not have the greatest stats on fumbbl, the addition of new skills and the removal of the trait system in Vault will see this team more options to play around with and it will increase the usefulness of their linesmen position greatly (much like every other team with only G access linemen). However our league has used a modified Norse roster with a good deal of sucsess.
12 Norse Lineman 50 K 6 3 3 7 Block G
02 Norse Thrower 70 K 6 3 3 7 Block, Pass G+P
04 Husker 90 K 5 3 3 8 Block, Dauntless G+S
02 Berserker 140 K 7 4 3 8 Block, Frenzy G+S

PS whoever said give them all frenzy, I'd like to see the team even be playable in early game. major liability. major.
Captain1821

Post   Posted: Sep 18, 2005 - 10:37 Reply with quote Back to top

brownrob wrote:
they also lost -AG and Block for 2 players Smile

they are also 30k more expensive for each one!

This is not big deal. You take from them 1 AG and you give them Break Tackle and it is like they have AG4! They also have +MV and they can go almost everywhere. They also have +AV.
As for block, 6 SPPs is not hard to get.

30k more is not much, sooner or later you will have 30k more for them.

From the regular Norse Blitzer, you take 1 AG and Block and you give him +ST, brake tackle (AG4), +MV, +AV for only 30k.

For me it seems like a blitzer that took +ST, +AG, +MV, +AV for only 30k. Too cheap?

Post   Posted: Sep 18, 2005 - 13:03 Reply with quote Back to top

Just to let some folks know, this isn't my roster Laughing . I just posted it to get a little bit of feedback on the roster Smile

Just a few of my own thoughts on the roster:

Ulwereners: They look a good deal at 120k and this team could become quite good at getting players off the pitch (literally!) with a spreading of grab. I think the costing came out to be about 125k so a bump to 130k wouldnt be too bad! Break tackle is quite good here, Personally, I wouldnt mind if they lost Break Tackle. Ill also change the price to 130k Smile

Catchers: I guess it depends what you use the catchers for. I guess you can go two ways... use them as an out and out catcher, using Dauntless to get past a Bull Centaur etc. This looks kinda scary but remember that Dauntless got toned down (you now need D6 + ST to beat opponents str. In this situation, would you choose a dodge or the dauntless? Obviously it will depend on the situation, but my gut feeling is that Dodge will be more useful in this regard, but not always.
Another way you could use them is the much taken route of Gutter Runners, as using them as defensive players, with the dauntless taling out the stronger ball carrier/removing assists. I like dauntless Gutters as they can cover great distances with MA9 and AG4, but then again they do need to get 16 SPP for that Smile Its a tough call.

Blitzers: These guys are the norse team at the minute, but they take a bit of a knock in the PBBL. Why? Frenzy now requires you to GFI for 2nd block, JU isnt as powerful in conjunction with Spring Back, but they are still great players!

Werebear: Id rather face this guy than a mino any day! No Mighty Blow means that he is going to skill up more slowly than a mino, (Claws depend on who you are playing), and no Horns either, making less incentive to blitz. he is still pretty good.

These are just my own personal thought on the roster, right or wrong, they are just thoughts Smile
As it stands, the Yeti will replace the Mino in Vault 1.10 (none of the above will be added) but this was intended as a feedback gaining excercise!

Rob
R_Spiskit

Post   Posted: Sep 18, 2005 - 13:23 Reply with quote Back to top

Itis better, but it is broken, too good, no way.

Adding dauntless, and ST players with BT, so for blitzing are AG4 ST4, is a big NO NO.
MixX

Post   Posted: Sep 18, 2005 - 13:27 Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:

This is not big deal. You take from them 1 AG and you give them Break Tackle and it is like they have AG4!

No way it is, it´s like they have AG 4 for one dodge each turn, for everything else they still have AG2!
sk8bcn

Post   Posted: Sep 18, 2005 - 13:29 Reply with quote Back to top

i don't understand
norses are the future chaos marauders!!!

why making them vikings?

kislevites feels more that way

i don't like

Post   Posted: Sep 18, 2005 - 17:27 Reply with quote Back to top

I like the flavour the Ulfwerners and Werebear introduce, but I think the Ulfwerners are broken. Drop Ma by 1 and remove Break Tackle, and I think they're alright. I'm also unsure about the Dauntless Catchers - it again smacks of overdescription. Every one of these players can have Dauntless first skill in the PBBL rules, so let them earn it. This team has some muscle anyway, so they wouldn't be in dire need of Dauntless straight up.

Post   Posted: Sep 18, 2005 - 17:41 Reply with quote Back to top

MixX wrote:
Quote:

This is not big deal. You take from them 1 AG and you give them Break Tackle and it is like they have AG4!

No way it is, it´s like they have AG 4 for one dodge each turn, for everything else they still have AG2!

Yeah, I know that. But when they are in a tackle zone, they need to dodge only once in order to use their MV7!!! Also with a +4 in their first dodge, they can risk another dodge with +2...
Don't forget that even regular ag4 players don't risk 2 dodges often.

Post   Posted: Sep 18, 2005 - 18:09 Reply with quote Back to top

Ok, based from feedback from TBB and here, Galak has made the following suggestions (which I still like). the were's lose break tackle for example Smile

Code:

0-16 Linemen     6 3 3 7  50,000 Block                    G   ASP
0-2  Throwers    6 3 3 7  70,000 Block, Pass              GP  AS
0-2  Catchers    7 3 3 7  90,000 Block, Catch             GA  SP
0-2  Berkserkers 6 3 3 7  90,000 Block, Frenzy, Jump Up   GS  AP
0-2  Ulfwereners 7 4 2 8 120,000 Frenzy                   GS  AP
0-1  Werebear    4 5 2 8 130,000 Loner, Claws, Frenzy,    S   GAP
                                 Thick Skull, Wild Animal
Rerolls: 50,000
0-2 Star Players Allowed: Icepelt Hammerblow, Morg ‘n’ Thorg, Thrud, Zara the Slayer

Star Player:
Icepelt Hammerblow  (plays for Norse)
                 4 6 1 9 270,000 Block, Claws, Disturbing Presence,
                                 Mighty Blow, Regenerate
 Jump to: