22 coaches online • Server time: 02:44
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Vamps win another ma...goto Post 1150 - OWA TT Tourna...goto Post NBFL Season 32: The ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Sgt_Colon

Post   Posted: Sep 25, 2005 - 15:59 Reply with quote Back to top

Ok I know a lot of people will disagree with me but I personally very rarely bother to have some assistant coaches etc around. I did used to and think that it may be a bit of a newbie thing to do, I have also recently discovered the uses of firing that spp sink in the team for a substantial tr drop. But anyways back on topic... I think if we are reasonably honest here the times when you offer a game to someone with assistant coaches, a niggler with most of the teams spp etc. and they are almost 10 tr down on you, your probably thinking this should be an easy win! So a little bit of team pruning before the match may well make people look for better match ups! Wink

Another point on this though, I have trimmed my tr for a handicap b4 when someone offered me a game I accepted thinking to myself well with a handicap it should be a fair-ish match up, so I offered to host kicked out some coaches or whatever and waited for him to join, at least that way they can check b4 hand if they wish Smile

I think on the whole coaches here look for a good fun game, usually that means the match needs to be even / fair, people wont stop offering their 170 chaos claw/rsc monsters against your 161 cute and cuddly skaven just on the off chance that someone says "yeah sure!" So if you want to get games quickly that remain relatively fun, sometimes you need to get creative! Smile I still maintain though that you should just ask b4 a game about anything you want to and people should be honest about it. Every now and then you will get someone who gets all p***** about it, "come on lets just play" "are u scared or something?" etc. But for me that just confirms any suspicion I may have had that they are in fact a goon that I shouldn't waste my time playing! Smile

Sgt.
Eddy

Post   Posted: Sep 25, 2005 - 16:11 Reply with quote Back to top

Sgt_Colon wrote:
I think if we are reasonably honest here the times when you offer a game to someone with assistant coaches, a niggler with most of the teams spp etc. and they are almost 10 tr down on you, your probably thinking this should be an easy win!

that's so far beyond the point... if it is the case, then your opponent can either refuse the game, or say "the game is unbalanced, but i will fire a niggler/assistant coach or do whatever else, so that the game is fairer. do you agree to this game ?". doing it behind your opponent's back is lame.

Post   Posted: Nov 15, 2005 - 07:35 Reply with quote Back to top

Do unto others before they can do unto you!

Or something like that...

Hell I dont particularly like DP either, but you get that
Cervidal

Post   Posted: Nov 15, 2005 - 07:38 Reply with quote Back to top

After having it done to me once, if it gets done to me again, I'm not playing the game.
MrMojo

Post   Posted: Nov 15, 2005 - 07:47 Reply with quote Back to top

Well, if it has started, you'll have to play the game, otherwise you should get banned.

Post   Posted: Nov 16, 2005 - 07:17 Reply with quote Back to top

Then ban me, or fix the pre-game set up. I'm not going to feel guilty for walking away from a game where my opponent didn't deal with me square and fair.
MrMojo

Post   Posted: Nov 16, 2005 - 08:49 Reply with quote Back to top

Put your head in the sand, maybe the bad men won't see you, eh?

Pulling out of a game that has started is illegal, AFAIK

Post   Posted: Nov 16, 2005 - 08:54 Reply with quote Back to top

in hungary there was a guy that did funny things to the neighbours chicken to death. They couldnt sentence him cuz the hungarian law lacked a sentence for the crime. Does that mean u we all should go to hungary and do funny things to chicken now?

edited: censored go figure what funny things are
sk8bcn

Post   Posted: Nov 16, 2005 - 14:57 Reply with quote Back to top

well you can refuse to log on the game if you discover a change in the team what would be impossible on tabletop but impossible to rule, as far as I know, on fumbbl.

Post   Posted: Nov 16, 2005 - 15:08 Reply with quote Back to top

Does Hungarian law not have a sentence for fumbbling a chicken to death Question

Wink
SolomonKane

Post   Posted: Nov 16, 2005 - 15:20 Reply with quote Back to top

My only question about the whole pregame thing is, you shouldn't be allowed to DROP your TR by firing coaches or players, or buying a RR, should you? In the LRB, you're allowed to use your cash on hand to hire freebooters, wizards, or stars, but this is the reason cash counts against your team's TR. I believe the intention of the rulebook is that you are to go into your games with a fixed TR. Pregame purchases do NOT change your TR, you're simply exchanging the TR cost of the cash for TR value in freebooters, stars, wizards.

Also, my understanding about new purchases for a team (TRRs, new permanent players, coaches, cheerleaders, apo) should, technically, occur in the postmatch sequence. I suppose one could claim that the 'post match sequence' is the entire length of time from the end of your last match until the beginning of the next, but let's draw a line somewhere. When you agree to a match, your team's TR should be set in stone. Not that there's any way to really enforce that, but at least it's now been said. And no, I didn't bother to flip through the previous six pages of posts. Razz
Telcontar

Post   Posted: Nov 16, 2005 - 16:36 Reply with quote Back to top

If my oppo is loaded with cash before the game i ask him what he is intending to do with it.
if i didnt like it i decline the match.
if he tells me he is saving for RR and Ramtut or Nobla enter the stage i will disconnect for his lying.
if he doesnt tell i ask him to host and decline then if i didnt like it.
if he refuses to host and tell me what he intends to do i tell him to find another oppo.

Nuff said

Post   Posted: Nov 16, 2005 - 16:48 Reply with quote Back to top

This is true to some extent, but it happens openly. You will see what your opponent does and can react in the same way (for example you could buy the same star player (if allowed) thus letting it play on no side) it can only be done on fumbbl because it would be hard to implement that way.

SolomonKane wrote:
My only question about the whole pregame thing is, you shouldn't be allowed to DROP your TR by firing coaches or players, or buying a RR, should you? In the LRB, you're allowed to use your cash on hand to hire freebooters, wizards, or stars, but this is the reason cash counts against your team's TR. I believe the intention of the rulebook is that you are to go into your games with a fixed TR. Pregame purchases do NOT change your TR, you're simply exchanging the TR cost of the cash for TR value in freebooters, stars, wizards.

Also, my understanding about new purchases for a team (TRRs, new permanent players, coaches, cheerleaders, apo) should, technically, occur in the postmatch sequence. I suppose one could claim that the 'post match sequence' is the entire length of time from the end of your last match until the beginning of the next, but let's draw a line somewhere. When you agree to a match, your team's TR should be set in stone. Not that there's any way to really enforce that, but at least it's now been said. And no, I didn't bother to flip through the previous six pages of posts. Razz

Post   Posted: Nov 16, 2005 - 16:52 Reply with quote Back to top

It is that easy and has been stated several times in here before:

-the rule: It is not allowed to disconnect from a game. For whatever reason.

-the etiquette: Most coaches consider it bad behavior if a change of TR occurs after arranging the match, so be nice and do not do it!. Concerning changes of TS: You have to be aware your opponent might do it if he has the cash. If your fear a Star or Wizard, ask him before. I do not believe one would directly lie to that question. If you are planning to hire a star or wizard, be so kind to tell your opponent, so that he get´s a chance to react like he had in table top.

But remember: the rules at fumbbl do not enforce what most coaches consider fair-play. Changes of TR/TS after arranging a match do not allow you to disconnect.
JanMattys

Post   Posted: Nov 16, 2005 - 17:11 Reply with quote Back to top

Telcontar wrote:
If my oppo is loaded with cash before the game i ask him what he is intending to do with it.
if i didnt like it i decline the match.
if he tells me he is saving for RR and Ramtut or Nobla enter the stage i will disconnect for his lying.
if he doesnt tell i ask him to host and decline then if i didnt like it.
if he refuses to host and tell me what he intends to do i tell him to find another oppo.

Nuff said

You do what you wrote in bold, you get banned.

Nuff said.

ps: he's an a$$hole, but you are a cheater according to site rules. Either agree to rules or leave.