23 coaches online • Server time: 08:44
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnome Roster - how a...goto Post Problem to organize ...goto Post Updated star player ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
CircularLogic

Post   Posted: Nov 16, 2005 - 17:13 Reply with quote Back to top

If someone sneaks in a star, I will inform my opponent, that I will disconnect, make my own pregame purchases and then rehost. But that only happens if I think I will need extra help so badly to pull the win. Most of the time I will try to put the coach into my extremly bad memory and sneak a star on him the next time the opportunity presents.
Arktoris

Post   Posted: Nov 16, 2005 - 17:43 Reply with quote Back to top

Arcon wrote:
If you are planning to hire a star or wizard, be so kind to tell your opponent, so that he get´s a chance to react like he had in table top.

except in table top you may not get a chance to react. Hiring freebooters is suppose to occur at the same time. Otherwise the counter freebooter has an edge over the original freebooting coach...for he knows exactly what's coming his way...but the original coach doesn't.

In table top, when asked, coaches should write on the team sheet what they plan on freebooting. If nothing, then write the word "nothing". then reveal what is written at the same time.

In fumbbl this is best done by hiring right before connecting...without telling your opponent and vice versa. Both have equal knowledge before deciding what to do, and this doesn't infringe on the other's option to do so.

as for editquette in DivR, I generally hire after my last game. Any freebooter will already be on my divR team before I start lfg or answering anothers lfg.

but for tournaments...surprise freebooting is my right...and no, it is NOT your right to freeboot after knowing what I freebooted. I didn't have that knowledge when I made my decision, why should I give you that knowledge? afterall, I paid alot of $$$ for it, and part of the high price is the surprise factor.

Post   Posted: Nov 16, 2005 - 17:45 Reply with quote Back to top

Bad sportsmanship and rules violation is NOT the same thing. Breaking the rules in answer to your opponent's unsportsmanlike behaviour is hypocrisy and sad misconception. You can refuse playing him again, you can call him a goat, you can make black, red, blue and rainbow coloured lists, but as long as he acts according to fumbbl rules, he is doing fine. It's like that boring spamflow about t16 fouling. It's CRAPPY and it's LEGAL. Done.
BiggieB

Post   Posted: Nov 16, 2005 - 18:02 Reply with quote Back to top

chicken anybody?
Cervidal

Post   Posted: Nov 16, 2005 - 19:39 Reply with quote Back to top

Again, ban me if I do it to you, I don't care. What I do is look at the roster I'm opposing. If it's different than the one I signed up to play, I'm out. It isn't my fault that the client rolls the hanicap results immediately upon signing in and downloading the teams.

Hiring freebooters is supposed to be done as step 1 of the pre-game sequence, not as part of the post-game.

Dropping your TR is supposed to be done before you wrap up your prior game.

Hiring Freebooters before you even play your next game raises your TS. I decide to play you based on your TS. When you show upu with hired stars and Freebooters, your TS is higher than I had been led to believe I was playing aganist.
torsoboy

Post   Posted: Nov 16, 2005 - 19:54 Reply with quote Back to top

I for one think, that if your opponent has changed his team before connecting, you should be allowed to disconnect once to alter your team too before playing the match (but you *have* to play once a connection is made). Treat this as if one of the coaches has connected with the wrong team.

Post   Posted: Nov 16, 2005 - 20:13 Reply with quote Back to top

Aren't we all here just to have a fun time?

Who cares if your opponent suddenly has an extra player or two? Just fall him down & foul him to oblivion. That's that.

the_bug

Post   Posted: Nov 16, 2005 - 20:23 Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah!
Fouling is THE answer for everything Smile
sk8bcn

Post   Posted: Nov 16, 2005 - 21:12 Reply with quote Back to top

I d get you banned too for dropping out of the game. What I do against however, is to monitor his team before the start when he has money.

Post   Posted: Nov 16, 2005 - 21:30 Reply with quote Back to top

i have been having problems getting games with my undeads every time i have count on the rooster, this fact has lead me to have a warning in my team bio saying that i might hire the count if i have the money for it, how do you all feel about that? is that as lame as hiring it without saying anything? anyway i wont change this since i wanna play games not sit around all day on GF with the count scaring off any oppenents, anyway i just wanted to know what you all thing about it ?
MiBasse

Post   Posted: Nov 16, 2005 - 21:52 Reply with quote Back to top

I think it's fine. People are warned and have a choice to make. Their fault if they don't read the funny little things people call letters at the top.
Macavity

Post   Posted: Nov 16, 2005 - 21:54 Reply with quote Back to top

I think it's great! Hire tht count before, after, during. Hire, Hire, Hire! Arktoris gave the definitive answer here, folks, so discussion is OVER!!!!

Post   Posted: Nov 16, 2005 - 22:42 Reply with quote Back to top

Cervidal wrote:
Again, ban me if I do it to you, I don't care. What I do is look at the roster I'm opposing. If it's different than the one I signed up to play, I'm out. It isn't my fault that the client rolls the hanicap results immediately upon signing in and downloading the teams.

Hiring freebooters is supposed to be done as step 1 of the pre-game sequence, not as part of the post-game.

Dropping your TR is supposed to be done before you wrap up your prior game.

Hiring Freebooters before you even play your next game raises your TS. I decide to play you based on your TS. When you show upu with hired stars and Freebooters, your TS is higher than I had been led to believe I was playing aganist.

You shouldn't take it too seriously.
Really. It's a game.
Take your team on the pitch, win, and dance over the dead body of your opponent the "you sneaked a Star in but I beat you anyway" dance!
Come on some guts!

Post   Posted: Nov 17, 2005 - 09:39 Reply with quote Back to top

mymLaban wrote:
i have been having problems getting games with my undeads every time i have count on the rooster, this fact has lead me to have a warning in my team bio saying that i might hire the count if i have the money for it, how do you all feel about that? is that as lame as hiring it without saying anything? anyway i wont change this since i wanna play games not sit around all day on GF with the count scaring off any oppenents, anyway i just wanted to know what you all thing about it ?

I think that is perfect. Of course, it is just stating obvious things, but it is nice.
I think I have not made it clear in my last post: hiring freebooters is allowed and ok to do. One can talk about that in chat, or not. BB-rules allow you to freeboot, so do it.

But, for all those that have not read all of this, risk a look at the first posting. It can be interesting!

Skrofler wrote:
The questions:
1) According to FUMBBL rules, can you alter your TR after finding an opponent?
2) Is it proper etiquette to do so?

Now, changing TR is no part of the pre-match sequence, but still allowed on fumbbl. And this is what started all the discussion, not the change in TS!!

Of course you change your TR in tournaments to gain or not give an extra handicap. But from my experience that happens as soon as the opponent team is know. Same goes for hiring freebooters mainly. Look at the Fumbbl Cup teams. There are several that fired assistant coaches and have hired stars and wizards days or weeks before the game will take place. But there you have a fixed shedule, so what?

But arranging a free game in R and surprisingly having to play against a different TR team is allowed at fumbbl, and not right according BB-rule, thus makes it bad sportman-ship in my opinion (similar to the pass block thing maybe). Not that I would disconnect, though, just try to remember that coach.. Wink
Smess

Post   Posted: Nov 17, 2005 - 10:00 Reply with quote Back to top

sk8bcn wrote:
I d get you banned too for dropping out of the game. What I do against however, is to monitor his team before the start when he has money.

Exactly

I always check the treasury of my opponent, and ask what he is gonna do with that money. If you are not witty enough to see that your opponent has enough money to hire a star, and just assume that he is gonna do nothing with it, well... Some might say you had it coming then.
Do NOT blame the other guy, when you yourself can prevent it from happening.

If your opponent hires a star, fires 4 assistant coaches or ditches some money in order to get a handicap, well, it's his team, and it still might backfire to him with some dead players for example.
IMO, It will just make the game more challenging for you, and the victory oh so more sweet
 Jump to: