30 coaches online • Server time: 08:13
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post Gnome Roster - how a...goto Post Skittles' Centu...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Hank

Post   Posted: Sep 19, 2005 - 15:55 Reply with quote Back to top

In the tabletop league I play there is a Death Bowl match coming up. The three other teams is skavens, darkies and dwarves (tr 260-290). And now i gotta choose which of my teams over tr 250 that will participate.

So my questions is; should i bring the woodies or the orcs? and what should I hold in mind? (its my first game of Death Bowl)

I recon woodies would have a better chance of actually winning but I doubt they can stand a minimun of 16 turns against 3 other teams (no ref in Death Bowl either...).

Both my teams is just over tr 250 with plenty of cash, but the commision has banned freebooters, wizards and stars... So both teams have the possiblity to have 16 men on the roster.

Fluffwise my orcs is an old team with lots of injuries and have won every trophy they have fought for, this could be their grand final...

My woodies are on the way up and is a solid team with 12 wins in a row and few injuries. 2 skills on most players.

So, what do you say, Death Bowl vets?

Death Bowl rules:
http://www.blood-bowl.net/BBMagArticles/Deathbowl.html
Superstar

Post   Posted: Sep 19, 2005 - 16:45 Reply with quote Back to top

Keep your end safe, and dont rush to the ball, keep a 1 square distance in the first turn, because 3 other teams will go for the ball, its better to go for the ball on the second turn. Also, if you are using the old cards (which you should, it wouldn't be true death bowl otherwise) go for dirty tricks. And a wizard if that is allowed, to prevent anyone else from scoring, very important. since your team DIES otherwise.
Hank

Post   Posted: Sep 19, 2005 - 20:53 Reply with quote Back to top

We have tried to mix the latest LRB with the death bowl rules. So no cards. And sadly wizards, freebooters and starplayers isnt allowed.
 Jump to: