32 coaches online • Server time: 10:07
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post FUMBBL HAIKU'Sgoto Post Gnome Roster - how a...goto Post Exempt teams
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Patrician

Post 23 Posted: Sep 21, 2005 - 02:19 Reply with quote Back to top

Hiya, thanks for reading.

Just finishing a first game for my new ranked Ork team, Big Dan's Freebooterz. Suffice to say, it wasn't the best game; they came out with a 1-0 win, but one each of RIP, niggling and miss game isn't the start I had hoped for. Not to mention the dead Black Ork had a Cas and the MVP. Rolling Eyes

I did earn 80k and get a FF increase though (trying to be positive) and now need to rebuild. I'm not going to scrap the team, that'd be wrong, but I do need suggestions as to the best way to rebuild.

I'm considering three options ATM, a) purchasing another BoB and hope for the best next game b) purchasing another thrower, or c) getting an Apoth and keeping 30k in the kitty to get another player hopefully after next game.

If I pick my opponent right, I'm not sure one extra player will make much of a difference, but that Apoth might prevent this from happening again. Your suggestions would be welcome.

Cheers,

Patrician.
t0xic

Post   Posted: Sep 21, 2005 - 02:29 Reply with quote Back to top

Fire the niggle thrower, get a BoB.
Patrician

Post   Posted: Sep 21, 2005 - 02:55 Reply with quote Back to top

Ok, that's one I hadn't considered Shocked

If I fire the niggle, yeah ok it'll lower my TR, but will it achieve much else? Wouldn't it be better to keep him, throw him in the LoS, and wait until I can replace him when my teams at 13-14 players? I'm already one player down...if I fire him that makes two!

Post   Posted: Sep 21, 2005 - 02:59 Reply with quote Back to top

you should probably play a softer team for your next game, or they might be at retiring point with another heavy cas game like that. keep the niggle if you are down players, probably buy a BoB or get an apoth.
amstar34

Post   Posted: Sep 21, 2005 - 03:27 Reply with quote Back to top

1. Continue to play close matchups of TS even if you have to give up one or two handicaps. This may involve involve some searching.
2. Hire lineman until you have 11 players ready for a game. Their AV and low price will help you gain numbers the quickest.
3. Then hire an Apothecary. This protects your investment each and every game (no better value for your money).
4. After apothecary, hire your 12th player.
5. Your team has now survived.

You can buy your apothecary sooner or later depending on your style and opponent selection.

Post   Posted: Sep 21, 2005 - 03:57 Reply with quote Back to top

K, well I think I'll keep the niggle for the moment, till I have enough players to do without him.

As for playing a softer team, I was playing DEs for Nuffles sake! And they only had one Blitzer, no Witches! I thought Orks were supposed to be Tough, but all I could do was BH and Stun him.....sigh.... Mad .....I obviously haven't sacrificed enough goats this month
Freezerator

Post   Posted: Sep 21, 2005 - 05:10 Reply with quote Back to top

HEY i typed something! w00t w00t Smile
CorporateSlave3

Post   Posted: Sep 21, 2005 - 05:26 Reply with quote Back to top

My (rather dubious) advice:

1) Buy an Apothecary now. You have mostly high value players. Protect them now. Just think if you'd had one game 1.
2) Fire the niggling. Is he useful on the LOS? Maybe. But not next game for sure. It'll take you under 100TR, so you'll get an extra 10K winnings. You need to recover. Winnings are key at this point.
3) Find a team without a lot of skills (say, rookie wood elves?) but FF9 and play them next. Chalk it up as a loss from the get go. Field your 8 players, but get that apoth so you don't lose any more. Did I mention they should have FF 9?
4) After the game you will have 30K plus whatever you win (+10K if you fired the niggling thrower), which will definitely be enough to buy a Blitzer, possibly enough for two linemen. Buy whichever of the two you can. Unless some miracle nets you 100K and you can get both a lineman and a Blitzer (win plus 61K gate might do it for a team under TR 100).

With some luck, you're back up to 11 with an apoth after just one more game. And even if you're stuck at 10 (rolling 1 for winnings or something)- they are relatively powerful 10, with three Blitzer, 3 BoB, and a Troll.

*p.s. I really recommend firing the thrower. The extra 10K it'll get you may seem minor...but it can be the difference between 10 and 11 players...

Post   Posted: Sep 21, 2005 - 05:37 Reply with quote Back to top

Fire the thrower, freeboot a lineman, get an apoth, play and be happy

Post   Posted: Sep 21, 2005 - 06:22 Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks for the suggestions guys. I hadn't really considered the extra gold rule for being under 100TR. And you're right, my more expensive players need protection.

I'm going with the Apoth and firing the niggle. I don't really wanna freeboot, even though the teams a heap of freebooterz Smile

Cheers and thanks
sk8bcn

Post   Posted: Sep 21, 2005 - 11:43 Reply with quote Back to top

Firing the niggler ASAp is a BIG MISTAKE imo. So 10k more is so badly needed that you would fire him? ^^

Firing him means reducing to 9 the number of players and delaying the apo for a long time. I would, if you got 50k, buy a line (next game you are 10) and then buy the apo to secure your team from more damages (next game 11 with one niggler).

Just think about it, the niggler can be, if you want so much play at eleven, be apoed what will occur with proba 1/6.

So keeping him reduce the number of games without apo and back in safety. After, well, fire is requiered but before it's not a good choice.

ok cons for keeping him:
-10 k (oh my god, how will I manage to live without them)
-he might earn SPP (it's open anyway)

pros:
-you can get to 11+apo quicker
-you keep a sur hand player for game 2
-you lower your chances for an handicap in game 1

Post   Posted: Sep 21, 2005 - 11:48 Reply with quote Back to top

Create a new team: 4 BO, 4 blitzers, 1 thrower, no apo
^Spyrer^

Post   Posted: Mar 19, 2006 - 19:50 Reply with quote Back to top

just my 5 cents

If a team gets that badly mangled in their FIRST GAME, Retire start a new team. easy
Furious_George

Post   Posted: Mar 19, 2006 - 19:56 Reply with quote Back to top

Play Macavitys Flings!
Why not Very Happy

"Hugh Mann eh? Now theres a name I can trust!"
Me Loves Futurama
sk8bcn

Post   Posted: Mar 20, 2006 - 13:35 Reply with quote Back to top

sk8bcn wrote:
Firing the niggler ASAp is a BIG MISTAKE imo. So 10k more is so badly needed that you would fire him? ^^

That guy is just plainly stupid. Probably a noob.

Of course the niggler had to be fired, I just don't understand how he (that sk8bcn) came to the idea NOT to fire him.