48 coaches online • Server time: 19:34
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Custom Icon, Portrai...goto Post All Star Bowl!goto Post Secret Stunty Cup IV
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Lord_Makari

Post   Posted: Sep 23, 2005 - 11:38 Reply with quote Back to top

Want to know why DP is "broken" to so many coaches on here? Under scruitiny (sp?) isn't a handycap anymore..
Hammerhiem

Post   Posted: Sep 23, 2005 - 12:52 Reply with quote Back to top

The reason i don't play against teams with more than 1 Dp has nothing to do with my opponent, it has everything to do with me being able to play a game "I" will enjoy.

"I" don't foul, "I" don't like my opponent fouling me so "I" choose my games accordingly.

This is because i want to play a game "I" will enjoy, simple as that. If anyone has a problem with this, don't play me.

arghh bumflaps , another fumble. Why can't these Gobbo's just pick the ball up?
JanMattys

Post   Posted: Sep 23, 2005 - 13:15 Reply with quote Back to top

/me is kinda bored with fouling issues and wants a pie instead.

(a toast will do)

Post   Posted: Sep 23, 2005 - 13:19 Reply with quote Back to top

who need DP to foul anyway
/me looks at Jan remembering the last game we shared

Post   Posted: Sep 23, 2005 - 13:24 Reply with quote Back to top

go read fouling, part of the game?
Lord_Makari

Post   Posted: Sep 23, 2005 - 13:25 Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:

I" don't foul, "I" don't like my opponent fouling me so "I" choose my games accordingly.

This is because i want to play a game "I" will enjoy, simple as that. If anyone has a problem with this, don't play me.

Does that strike anyone else as funny? It had me cracking up.
Mimashi

Post   Posted: Sep 23, 2005 - 13:45 Reply with quote Back to top

@JanMattys: Image

@Hammerheim: "I" enjoy playing chess without mioving the bishops. So if you want to move bishops in chess don't play me.

Hehehe... couldn't stop myself, sorry.

More seriously.. the issue here is not if being fouled is enjoyable. The issue is if a DP in your team automatically means that you are a bloodthirsty fouler. Better still, the issue here is how DP can be used as a "normal" skill rather than a broken one.

I, for myself, think that fouling for the sake of smashing the opponent's team is lame. But I also think that those who automatically assume that the worthness of a team is measured by its Dirty Players or lack thereof is lamer still..

Just my 2 cents.
peke

Post   Posted: Sep 23, 2005 - 14:05 Reply with quote Back to top

DP isn't broken. It just adds to team rating and strength, it can sent your own player off, and it might not even stun the fouled one. So, therefore we can conclude DP is useless skill and anyone with DP is poor coach, has overvalued team and will most likely lose all his matches. So, who wants to play my chaos? Very very easy win! Twisted Evil
CorporateSlave3

Post   Posted: Sep 23, 2005 - 15:08 Reply with quote Back to top

DP is broken? Bah, that's nothing compared to 'good luck.'

'Good luck' is the most broken thing about Blood Bowl, allowing such ridiculous things as rookie wood elf linemen killing 2-3 opposing Blodgers in a single match, dwarf longbeards making turn 16 Long Bombs in the Pouring Rain and catching in 3 TZ, with a dodge out into 2 TZ and 2 GFI for a winning touchdown, and blitzing halflings to roll POW POW POW vs. an opposing Ogre, killing him outright.

/boo!

Post   Posted: Sep 23, 2005 - 15:17 Reply with quote Back to top

The math tell you, that DP IS overpowered indeed.

On average you remove more opposing players from the pitch that your own, if you donĀ“t have the eye on you and even with the eye you remove as much from the pitch as you lose. Your own player has NO risk of perm dmg, while your opponent has AND you can foul with a dirt cheap not too useful lino and foul his stars.
The combo makes DP overpowered.

The problem is not DP doing so much dmg, but the punishment is too low. Following things could resolve that:
- there is no ref - every fouler is hit by a thrown rock immediatelly
- an ejected player is beaten up by the enraged fans -> roll siguards immediatelly
- an ejected player may not be replaced - the team has to play with one player less on the field for the rest of the game
JanMattys

Post   Posted: Sep 23, 2005 - 15:28 Reply with quote Back to top

/me eats the pie, but is still bored.

@Lord_Makari: improve your coaching skills instead of your fouling skills, and you'll be more proud abount your successes.

Post   Posted: Sep 23, 2005 - 15:37 Reply with quote Back to top

well, I suppose with the upcoming fumbbl cup we will only see "real" players who accept that there are DP's in the game...

Post   Posted: Sep 23, 2005 - 15:52 Reply with quote Back to top

CircularLogic wrote:
The math tell you, that DP IS overpowered indeed.

The math tell you that LOTS of skills are overpowered. Take block for example.. it greatly reduces the risk of falling down even in single-die blocks, augmenting the number of blocks that you can safely throw to your opponent (and consequently your chances at injuring his players).

Laughing
JanMattys

Post   Posted: Sep 23, 2005 - 15:52 Reply with quote Back to top

Everybody knows and accepts that DPS are in the game.

Some don't like them, and won't play them willingly. What's wrong with that?

I just built my first DP because of the cup, but I never had one before. Why? Because I love to find games in gamefinder in 5 minutes. And without a DP it's easier.

Post   Posted: Sep 23, 2005 - 15:55 Reply with quote Back to top

My opinion:
-Foul, take a DP and foul first.

This doesn't mean I am a true basher, I make less cas than I take.

Is DP broken? well good question, depending on luck tbh. If you are quickly undermanned, the DP will kill your chances, because he will be able to clean up. If you're not, you'll be able to neutralize the DP.

ps: you will still find opponents if you have DP. Do not double the skill, tough (if you double it means that you are ready to foul even with the ref)

pps:I might be wrong but I tend to consider that the "I don't play vs DP", can't belong to the best coaches around. But I might be wrong.....