17 coaches online • Server time: 09:05
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post Gnome Roster - how a...goto Post Skittles' Centu...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Would you keep this player?
yes
77%
 77%  [ 38 ]
no
22%
 22%  [ 11 ]
Total Votes : 49

ankkh

Post   Posted: Sep 26, 2005 - 17:44 Reply with quote Back to top

Tirinan the Silent

Would you keep this player?

Last edited by ankkh on %b %26, %2005 - %17:%Sep; edited 1 time in total
Bald-boy

Post   Posted: Sep 26, 2005 - 17:47 Reply with quote Back to top

Link doesn't work Very Happy
ankkh

Post   Posted: Sep 26, 2005 - 17:47 Reply with quote Back to top

Ooops.. now it does!

And by the way...look at the team, not just the player ; )
Bald-boy

Post   Posted: Sep 26, 2005 - 17:49 Reply with quote Back to top

well - he's a nice blitzer. I would keep him.
JB

Post   Posted: Sep 26, 2005 - 17:50 Reply with quote Back to top

i would keep him, but still i cant understand your last skill choice after he aged with -AG
DukeTyrion

Post   Posted: Sep 26, 2005 - 17:56 Reply with quote Back to top

Many intercepts are on a 6 anyway, at least pass block allows him to get in the face of the thrower
ankkh

Post   Posted: Sep 26, 2005 - 17:57 Reply with quote Back to top

Well.. with ag 3 he will not be my primary blitzer..thus no strip ball..otherwise kick or pro might have been good but I like pass block/diving tackle a lot.. so.. don't know... maybe it was stupid. Very Happy
By the way, I have one ag 6 pass block and one ag 5 pass block catcher, just to clarify. Tirinan will be a harasser and not an interceptor.
AFK_Eagle

Post   Posted: Sep 26, 2005 - 18:12 Reply with quote Back to top

First off, I want that thrower on my team! *very envious* But to have a mega-star with only -agi for aging, I don't care what his normal roll is, he's got to be kept on that team! Unlike my rats, who had to retire healthy mega-stars and legends due to TR/TS problems, you have a very healthy roster with a nice spreading of skills. Keep him, by all means! Just don't bother scoring with him anymore...he's no longer a scoring threat, but as you said a huge nuisance to put in the backfield and cause opposing catchers headaches. Giving him the passblock after aging -agi is exactly what I would've done, but in my experience shadowing on high-ma catchers is far more effective than diving tackle; if the guy's agile, he can usually still get away from a single dt attack, and if not he'll try to bash back instead. But give shadowing, and he'll be willing to try a series of 2+ dodges over and over, while your guy stays standing the entire time, waiting for your target to eventually fail a 2+ dodge (your tackle negates the free dodge rr)...MUCH safer to stay standing if you can help it! Wink

Post   Posted: Sep 26, 2005 - 18:20 Reply with quote Back to top

Hell Yeah, keep him, he is an amazingly good blitzer, who can catch an run like the wind.

Pass block is not that bad, with catch, it is nearly 1 in 3 to int any pass over him, even in zones, and tackle, sidestep and diving tackle make him devastating to position near the catcher even if the int fails.

Keep him, he is awesome.
Macavity

Post   Posted: Sep 26, 2005 - 18:24 Reply with quote Back to top

Elf coaches are so weird.... Contrary to what the tell you in the forest, you do not need AG 3 to touch the ball..... Keep him, save the cash for deaths and niggles. or, trash the team and play with FLings!!!

Post   Posted: Sep 26, 2005 - 19:19 Reply with quote Back to top

Retire him in a glorious way, using him for the LOS until he dies in the middle of the fry, you have better blitzers and ag4 is the reason to play elves, but he probably deserves that (and you aren't in a hurry to lower your TR, and he's a very good player nevertheless)
Macavity

Post   Posted: Sep 26, 2005 - 19:23 Reply with quote Back to top

Nin, don't you know you are never allowed to disagree with me? Smile

Post   Posted: Sep 26, 2005 - 19:40 Reply with quote Back to top

No, don't keep him. Not a single double on that baby except +ST, and you can develop an equally useful catcher in very few games. On a double you get Dauntless, and you can take on ST4 guys as well.

I'd say retire him and lower drastically your TR.

Post   Posted: Sep 26, 2005 - 19:46 Reply with quote Back to top

Macavity wrote:
Nin, don't you know you are never allowed to disagree with me? Smile

...uhh, my apologies Master...
then, it's thras the team and play Flings ankkh... but your catcher still deserves glorious death Wink
seandon12

Post   Posted: Sep 26, 2005 - 20:05 Reply with quote Back to top

btw nin being a disciple usually implies being able to spell their name lol