27 coaches online • Server time: 09:13
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnome Roster - how a...goto Post Problem to organize ...goto Post Updated star player ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
coffindodger

Post   Posted: Sep 30, 2005 - 13:47 Reply with quote Back to top

And i waste good work time reading this... Smile
xen7ric

Post   Posted: Sep 30, 2005 - 13:50 Reply with quote Back to top

Depends how much beer. Enough beer and even the Troll collapses in the corner, then you've just got to put up with the snoring..
Ironik

Post   Posted: Sep 30, 2005 - 14:24 Reply with quote Back to top

Buur wrote:
1) Is pizza a cheesepie? Not exactly
2) Does everybody like pie? Yes a lot
3) Is it legal to feed the troll? well no but then...
-Buur

and then pizza has more then cheese! Yum!
/me reach for a pizza and start consuming it with mandolino music on the background
alternat

Post   Posted: Sep 30, 2005 - 15:48 Reply with quote Back to top

MrMojo wrote:
I'm a simple man, I prefer simple answers. I was once in Italy and oh boy, you even drive funny.

because you maybe didn't visited England... oh, boy, that's DRIVING FUNNY!!! (on the wrong side of the road, I mean...)

Italy is not a bad place to live, as long as you don't need bureaucracy and healing.
At least, we have the sun in winter, too. Most scandinavian (and even lots of germans and british) don't.
Seppuku

Post   Posted: Sep 30, 2005 - 16:10 Reply with quote Back to top

alternat wrote:
...you maybe didn't visited England... oh, boy, that's DRIVING FUNNY!!! (on the wrong side of the road, I mean...)

Most people are right handed. In medieval times the only way to be riding a horse and capable of attacking an enemy was to have them on your right quarter. If they were oncoming (as typified in the "Jousting" traditions) both could get a swing at the other. This formalised into riding on the left of a track/carriageway.

Forgive us thick, moronic English for taking centuries of precedent and applying it to the "motorised horse" as happened when the automobile was invented. We thought, though we now realise that this was a foolish notion in the extreme, that by applying the same tradition and logic that the new mode of transport would be more easily integrated into an existing system.

Foolish us. All you right-lane drivers have obviously got your shit really wired tight...

Post   Posted: Sep 30, 2005 - 16:20 Reply with quote Back to top

Well, I actually find it hilarious how much the side of the road affects life. We (Canadians) walk on the right in hallways, up stairs.... and look left first when crossing the street.

I LOVED the "Look left!" signs in Britain, even thought I still forgot and almost died.

Incidentally, the reason we use the right side goes back to the first settlers here. Moose, Black Bears, and Grizzly bears are all (with occasional genetic abnormalities) are right eye dominant, and since the first travelling here (on land) was on animal trails, safety was greatly increased by keeping to the "weak-side" of the animals' vision to give yourself a better chance to see them before the see you.

Forgive us thick, Moronic Canadians for not wanting to be mauled.

Smile

Last edited by Macavity on %b %30, %2005 - %16:%Sep; edited 1 time in total
MrMojo

Post   Posted: Sep 30, 2005 - 16:20 Reply with quote Back to top

alternat wrote:
MrMojo wrote:
I'm a simple man, I prefer simple answers. I was once in Italy and oh boy, you even drive funny.

because you maybe didn't visited England... oh, boy, that's DRIVING FUNNY!!! (on the wrong side of the road, I mean...)

Italy is not a bad place to live, as long as you don't need bureaucracy and healing.
At least, we have the sun in winter, too. Most scandinavian (and even lots of germans and british) don't.

Whether it's on the right or left, I want traffic to be strictly organized and rule obeying. I frowned upon a young lady the other day, when I was crossing road on a zebra crossing, and she nearly ran over me. They should have their licences revoked!

Post   Posted: Sep 30, 2005 - 16:21 Reply with quote Back to top

MrMojo, if that's your issue... NEVER go to Montreal. Shepherd and his friends drive like maniacs in very narrow roads.

Post   Posted: Sep 30, 2005 - 16:22 Reply with quote Back to top

When I was going to school in Britian (the US Air Force school system), we had a British subject come in once a month or so and give us some local culture kinda stuff. It was his firm belief that the main reason the British hadn't switched over to using the right hand side of the road like everyone else was that Napeleon never forced them to switch like he did the rest of Europe. (I guess as well as being sensitive about his height, he was also sensitive about only having one hand...)
Macavity

Post   Posted: Sep 30, 2005 - 16:24 Reply with quote Back to top

Now explain to me why Americans don't use the metric system...... They want to show pride in being more British than the British and less like the French who helped them gain their independence? Wink

Post   Posted: Sep 30, 2005 - 16:27 Reply with quote Back to top

They're just weird. Metric system is great! there are no stones, no feet, or anything else fishy.

Post   Posted: Sep 30, 2005 - 16:48 Reply with quote Back to top

hehe, i just came across this gem of a topic... i thought I talked rubbish, but i appear to have inspired a new generation of FUMBBL'ers who all use the yellow avatars... like some non stopping army of spam machinists!

Quit harassing me or ill have to get my provo loyalist friends to swear a lot and throw stones Wink Laughing
SnakeSanders

Post   Posted: Sep 30, 2005 - 16:49 Reply with quote Back to top

MrMojo wrote:
there are no stones, no feet, or anything else fishy.

What about goldfish crackers? Smile
SnakeSanders

Post   Posted: Sep 30, 2005 - 16:52 Reply with quote Back to top

Just as an aside, we could have a new ***Did you know Wink

***Did you know: Macavity wrote 523 posts yestarday :p Wink
Macavity

Post   Posted: Sep 30, 2005 - 16:53 Reply with quote Back to top

*** DId you know ,BrownRob is so desperate to stay ahead of Macavity in total posts, he triple posts in a nonsense thread talking to himself, instead of politely editting or waiting for a response?