21 coaches online • Server time: 03:06
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnome Roster - how a...goto Post Problem to organize ...goto Post Updated star player ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Delta

Post   Posted: Oct 04, 2005 - 22:12 Reply with quote Back to top

What he said! ^^

Post   Posted: Oct 04, 2005 - 22:33 Reply with quote Back to top

My suggestion would be to keep it simple.

A little note next to the players name on Gamefinder and their homepage (the two most regularly viewed pages) with "I've contributed in the last 12 months". Basically this appears if a coach's "last contributed date" was within the last 365 days. As said before, contributions might be a sound pack or pix, so an admin could reset someone's "last contributed date" on successful acceptance of a submission (i.e. not just money contribution).

I think the power of subliminal suggestion would help a lot. Also mention in the contribution page (which the note by the coaches name links to Wink ) that contributions can be monetary, time or resource.
Gran

Post   Posted: Oct 04, 2005 - 23:43 Reply with quote Back to top

/bows to <B>Coach_Lo</B>

Today Is A Good Day For Someone Else To Die!
-- (Terry Pratchett, Feet of Clay)
MrMojo

Post   Posted: Oct 05, 2005 - 07:21 Reply with quote Back to top

I really don't think we need to point out people who donate. That just sounds weird. It's impolite to talk about money.

Post   Posted: Oct 05, 2005 - 08:55 Reply with quote Back to top

Jinxed wrote:
Quote:

I'm affraid it is beyond of Jinxed's perception.

Yeah. Me too.

10 teams for free is still for free no? And if you want more you get to pay a VERY SMALL amount for it?

It seems that you're right. Its beyond of your peception.

Jinxed wrote:
Mind you; I can see that this could be seen as 'profit', but I also know it is quite easy to create a non-profit organisation with only 1 purpose; to keep fumbbl alive.

Would fumbbl become a profitable one? Wouldn't be this non-profit organization redundant? What is the purpose of multiplying entities/organizations? Why not to keep things simple?

Jinxed wrote:
You get this macike? Cool

I'm affraid this is beyond of my perception. Wink

Post   Posted: Oct 05, 2005 - 11:32 Reply with quote Back to top

macike;

It is VERY simple in our country to create a non-profit organisation.

For (random) example; fumbbl becomes such a non-profit org. Any and all cash flowing into fumbbl must go to fumbbl in order to keep it alive or -if possible- improve things.

So no profit ever is made. Excess cash is invested in fumbbl.

Sounds fairly easy to me. Wink

Post   Posted: Oct 05, 2005 - 20:55 Reply with quote Back to top

Jinxed wrote:
For (random) example; fumbbl becomes such a non-profit org. Any and all cash flowing into fumbbl must go to fumbbl in order to keep it alive or -if possible- improve things.

fumbbl->fumbbl cash flow? You mistyped something I quess.

Let's assume there is some Fumbbl Supporters Association (FSA) - non-profit org. The open questions are:
a) are not FSA members allowed to use fumbbl?
b) is there any mantatory membership fee for FSA members?

a) NO, b) NO - does not guarantee more cash flowing than PayPal donations; it is limiting our freedom - not everyone likes it;

a) NO, b) YES - would fumbbl still be free - I don't think so; what would GW say to fumbbl and FSA?

a) YES, b) NO - what's the difference from PayPal donations?

a) YES, b) YES - what's the difference from PayPal donations? what added value would you offer to FSA members?

Jinxed wrote:
So no profit ever is made. Excess cash is invested in fumbbl.

"Excess" you say. Wouldn't all the money be transfered to fumbbl? Who will consume the rest? Why anyone else than Christer?

Jinxed wrote:

Sounds fairly easy to me. Wink

AFAIK in my country even non-profit org. nedds a statute. As I understand FSA statute will state that all the money will be transferred to fumbbl (otherwise personally I would prefer to donate directly). This way it can be easy to track the cashflow and state that fumbbl is not free of charge (the - a) NO, b) YES - case above).
It's not clear to me what would be the advantages of solution you proposed.

IMNSHO the purpose of all the donations threads I've read on this forum is to find out how to encourage coaches to donate more rather than forcing them to pay a fee.
It seems that too many of us are parasites that do not follow the rule: "the game worth playing is the game worth buying".

Post   Posted: Oct 06, 2005 - 05:44 Reply with quote Back to top

I think a useful addition that might encourage me to donate is a way to donate without my wife knowing about it ! Rolling Eyes

"You mean it costs me money for you to waste your time playing that stupid game !!!" is not something I need to hear.
Smile

Plain brown wrapper anyone ?
MrMojo

Post   Posted: Oct 06, 2005 - 09:06 Reply with quote Back to top

Longshanks, hear hear. Wives tend to have a negaive wiev on this game for some odd reason.

Post   Posted: Oct 06, 2005 - 09:18 Reply with quote Back to top

Longshanks wrote:
I think a useful addition that might encourage me to donate is a way to donate without my wife knowing about it ! Rolling Eyes

"You mean it costs me money for you to waste your time playing that stupid game !!!" is not something I need to hear.
Smile

I'm sure she is using your shared money on something else that you have no interest in?

If she should say that that and mean it I think you should have split economies.
MrMojo

Post   Posted: Oct 06, 2005 - 09:27 Reply with quote Back to top

Webbe wrote:
Longshanks wrote:

Smile

I'm sure she is using your shared money on something else that you have no interest in?

If she should say that that and mean it I think you should have split economies.

But alas, it might be that we're not so advanced as you swedes are. Smile

Post   Posted: Oct 06, 2005 - 09:47 Reply with quote Back to top

amstar34: awesome idea - having an update on what we're aiming for and how close we are to getting it. they do this alot when fundraising across a large audience like this one. No one needs to be recognised individual as Mr Mojo points out.. but we can all work together to get what we're aiming for - faster, more reliable fumbbl :>

good call Coach Lo the. whole post. top notch.

-karix
 Jump to: