59 coaches online • Server time: 00:30
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnome Roster - how a...goto Post Skittles' Centu...goto Post Gnomes are trash
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Xeserox

Post   Posted: Oct 01, 2005 - 22:54 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm going to be playing in a tourny here within the next couple of weeks and i'm trying to decide on what team to play with.

The tourny is a bit interestng to say the least. (also wasn't sure where to post this. )

IN the tourny, they have a couple of interesting house rules that have me trying to decide on what i'm going to do for a team and how i want to do it.

The rules are..

you start with 1,200k instead of the 1,000k. And also.. not 100% sure on this one.. is that after every match, a player can get a star Player roll. This is done because the team you use is just for thos tourny and it keeps it exciting. There is also another house rule that i'm not 100% sure about, and that is.. you don't lose dead players... they come back for teh next game. Which honestly i don't like... but i'm not picky about tournies since there are hardly any near me. (this one is a 3.5 hour drive.)

Anyway... I'm torn between the two teams that i play best. The Amazons or the Lizardmen.

With 1,200k to play with i'm not exactly sure how i would set them up... so i'm looking for a little advice here. What do you all think?

Thanks in advance.
Optihut

Post   Posted: Oct 01, 2005 - 23:09 Reply with quote Back to top

If players can't die, then AV7 isn't all that much of a drawback. Amazons are a good pick in that case, as they can get block dodge quickly and are quite powerful early on. From your two choices, I'd pick the Amazons.
Synn

Post   Posted: Oct 01, 2005 - 23:26 Reply with quote Back to top

Lizzies...

That extra money means you can have a full roster and deilver some foul love to anyone prone.

After the games the skill means your lizzies will earn skills which is usually the drawback of scaly ones.

Synn
Xeserox

Post   Posted: Oct 03, 2005 - 03:18 Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks for the imput the two of you. I actualyl decided that i'm going to go with teh Amazons, only because i'm more confortable Playing them. I just started playing the Lizzies recently. And more or less for my first year of Playing blood bowl, i stuck to the Amazons, so i know them a bit better and how to work them. Though thanks again for teh info. Smile
CircularLogic

Post   Posted: Oct 03, 2005 - 03:44 Reply with quote Back to top

Lizzies

The extra money is no advantage for the zons, who have a very good starting roster with cheap players anyway and if you come across dwarves in the tourney you are dead.

With lizzies you can easily start with 6 sauri AND krox and extra skink and RR4/FF4. Way better team to go.
 Jump to: