35 coaches online • Server time: 02:08
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnome Roster - how a...goto Post Problem to organize ...goto Post Updated star player ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Is this lame?
No, it's completely unavoidable
8%
 8%  [ 6 ]
No, I think it's okay to drop out
4%
 4%  [ 3 ]
Totally lame
76%
 76%  [ 51 ]
Other
10%
 10%  [ 7 ]
Total Votes : 67

MrMojo

Post   Posted: Oct 06, 2005 - 09:24 Reply with quote Back to top

An unmentioned team just left an unmentioned qualifier group in an unmentioned official cup.

Is this bravery in it's highest form where you do what you please, or just lamery or chickenry with the lowest standards?

Is this how german youth act these days?

Leave when the going gets rough?

I boo at the unmentionable coach!

Not only did he leave another coach without a match, he left a stain on himself that won't be whitewashed.

What do you think, my fumbbl colleagues? Should tournament runaways be banned from applying for future tournaments?

Post   Posted: Oct 06, 2005 - 09:28 Reply with quote Back to top

Getting a draw that is potentially damaging to your team's future is part of playing a tournament.

I actually don't know who and what this is about, but if you apply to play a tournament, you play the game. Simple as that.

Post   Posted: Oct 06, 2005 - 09:34 Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah, if you're afraid of your team getting hurt, you should join AON (All Or Nothing), an unranked tourney where only the winner of every game gets to keep their team, if you lose or tie, you have to retire your team... No more mng players Razz
AxelF

Post   Posted: Oct 06, 2005 - 09:37 Reply with quote Back to top

I am playing an another unmentioned league. From my first 6 matches I played just 3! This is fine in that way that I will be relegated if I manage to get 4 pts out of my last 3 matches which is indeed possible. But on the other hand it is no fun and my team does not improve. And that's why I don't like not playing. Get him on your personal black list for tournaments.
Cloggy

Post   Posted: Oct 06, 2005 - 09:39 Reply with quote Back to top

I hope you mean promoted, otherwise it's not that cool at all..........

Post   Posted: Oct 06, 2005 - 12:03 Reply with quote Back to top

Don't they have reserve teams for this sort of thing in official sports tournaments?
If a team (or person depending on sport) can not compete for whatever reason before the first match is played, a reserve team (or person) takes their place.

If this happens in later rounds, I think it's lame, but can't be helped.
AxelF

Post   Posted: Oct 06, 2005 - 12:21 Reply with quote Back to top

Sure I meant Embarassed
Ironik

Post   Posted: Oct 06, 2005 - 12:34 Reply with quote Back to top

minced meat pies...
Mmmmh, well I suppose in some case...
MrMojo

Post   Posted: Oct 06, 2005 - 15:11 Reply with quote Back to top

I mean I do understand if a person has some real life issues why it is necessary to drop out from a tourney, even an official tourney, but first droppoing out and then lfg:ing with that team day or two later is just weird. I'd like to hear the unmentioned coaches point of view of course, but i doubt he reads these.

Post   Posted: Oct 06, 2005 - 15:17 Reply with quote Back to top

Eat ... more ... pie!!!
And then go take a crap on the unmentioned coaches lawn as punishment for being a complete tool.

Post   Posted: Oct 06, 2005 - 15:32 Reply with quote Back to top

Sounds pretty darn lame.

/boo

Post   Posted: Oct 06, 2005 - 15:34 Reply with quote Back to top

It annoys me that people enter tournaments and, if things aren't going their way, just leave.

If someone leaves a game half way through admins deal with it, but not the same for tourneys.

I made a post requesting player stats on tournaments, which might have helped to highlight the 'leavers';

http://fumbbl.com/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=5199

One of the rares times I saw all the games in a tourney completed, was when i hand picked some very reliable coaches;

http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=group&op=view&at=0&group=2492&show=8379

Anyway, I don't think I will be taking place in many future tourneys after I finish the ones I am involved in.

Seeing so much work put in only to be destroyed by the few who care so little has taken it's toll.
Mezir

Post   Posted: Oct 06, 2005 - 18:14 Reply with quote Back to top

If the coach refuses to play the next team in the line-up will take part (I believe this is VolCom's team).

Post   Posted: Oct 06, 2005 - 18:42 Reply with quote Back to top

oh no! I got a hard group ahead of me! I'm gonna chicken out to not loose my precious pixels! I'm gonna loose CR! OH NO!

Offcourse RL is an excuse, but dropping out of a tourney without leaving your tourney manager a PM indicating why is - imo- inexcusable. Any reason other than RL for dropping out of a tourney after you've joined is *bad*.
R_Spiskit

Post   Posted: Oct 08, 2005 - 01:54 Reply with quote Back to top

Agreed.
 Jump to: