74 coaches online • Server time: 22:44
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Raising a Thrall wit...goto Post killing by fun?goto Post Blood Bowl Variants
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Do you like my fluff? (pls read below first and honest answers are appreciated)
Yes, continue in that direction
50%
 50%  [ 18 ]
No, your a tard
11%
 11%  [ 4 ]
Nobody cares especially not me!
38%
 38%  [ 14 ]
Total Votes : 36

Jkaen

Post   Posted: Oct 07, 2005 - 18:41 Reply with quote Back to top

To jump on the what do you think bandwagon, any comments on these: http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=team&op=view&team_id=202480

As for the thread starter, its a bit of a "done" thing, i know i have a team with a very similar basis, so if you want it to work you will really have to polish it.
xathos

Post   Posted: Oct 07, 2005 - 18:42 Reply with quote Back to top

Last i checked everyone has an entire lifetime to waste
AFK_Eagle

Post   Posted: Oct 07, 2005 - 19:18 Reply with quote Back to top

The secret is to not spend an entire afternoon doing the fluff, but spread it out a little at a time. For instance, a rookie player is a nobody, no player bio to speak of (unless a tad of fluff, saying the son/brother of a former team member). With every skill gained, spend 2 minutes fleshing him out a touch more..."survived first few games, allowed to train under team blocking coach"..."got very annoyed when elves dodged away from him, learned to tackle"..."such a master of tackling, learned how to avoid tackles from others via dodging away like an elf"...

Doesn't have to be long, but a minute here, a minute there, over the span of a hundred games, and you have a LOT of fluff to look back on...sometimes too much, as in my case, but still...

Post   Posted: Oct 07, 2005 - 19:47 Reply with quote Back to top

Heh, the team stats are a sinch! I have an excel sheet full of formulas etc and image links, so i just add the post match stats to the corresponding team, I have a page for each team, based on a template, when Im done, I use a handy macro to convert the whole thing to html Smile It took me 30 mins to make and 3 mins to update after each match, what more could you want!

I wanted to add more stats, but i decided against it!
masterpaw

Post   Posted: Oct 07, 2005 - 21:12 Reply with quote Back to top

isnĀ“t fluff something to stuff into huggybears ? Shocked

Post   Posted: Oct 07, 2005 - 23:54 Reply with quote Back to top

Chainsaw wrote:
AFK_Eagle: tables are easy...Styling your table is a little tricker...

No kidding! Took me over an hour of trial and error, plus a massive headache due to eyes-crossing after reading and re-reading where I might have made a mistake, but I eventually got something which resembles a table to appear...what do you think?

Post   Posted: Oct 08, 2005 - 00:38 Reply with quote Back to top

AFK_Eagle wrote:
The secret is to not spend an entire afternoon doing the fluff, but spread it out a little at a time. For instance, a rookie player is a nobody, no player bio to speak of (unless a tad of fluff, saying the son/brother of a former team member).

I can only agree with you on this one. The big danger of making lots of fluff in advance is that the player you just spent 20 minutes writing about might die in three games without any SPP at all, or he might develope in the opposite direction from what you wrote. It's like naming your two blitzers Samson the Strong and Alvin the Agile. You just know that Nuffle will notice and give Samson +AG and Alvin +ST... and then kill them both, of course.

Today Is A Good Day For Someone Else To Die!
-- (Terry Pratchett, Feet of Clay)
DreadClaw

Post   Posted: Oct 08, 2005 - 01:29 Reply with quote Back to top

Well, After seeing multiple team bios, I decided to up the ante and made a LONGASS story, custom pics and custom bios for every player.. Ofcourse their team ability has been dreadfull, but i love them anyways!

http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=team&op=view&team_id=170007

Don't check unless you wish to spend 5 minutes of your time..or more.. on reading.

Post   Posted: Oct 12, 2005 - 15:44 Reply with quote Back to top

I've had some more fun creating this teams fluff. Eet Dis Read and enjoy. Not quite finished but you get the idea. Very Happy

Post   Posted: Oct 12, 2005 - 16:29 Reply with quote Back to top

AFK_Eagle wrote:
Chainsaw wrote:
AFK_Eagle: tables are easy...Styling your table is a little tricker...

No kidding! Took me over an hour of trial and error, plus a massive headache due to eyes-crossing after reading and re-reading where I might have made a mistake, but I eventually got something which resembles a table to appear...what do you think?

Good effort AFK!

One thing I would point ou tho (maybe it doesnt bother you!) but there is a bit of a gap between your text and the table below, This could be intentional, but sometimes its caused (i find) by spaces between your tags... if you eliminate the spaces the gaps will disappear... for example
<td>Gutter</td> </td>

or
<td>
Gutter
</td>

you get the picture,

Now I dont want to sound cheeky, but I can do you up a table in dreamweaver really easily that also has the same style as FUMBBL does, so it ties in nicely. I also have an excel sheet that converts excel to html, so if you want it, give me a shout, I can even write up the formulas for your own specific table if you arent that familiar with it Smile

Im just feeling happy after my windfall Wink Get me while Im hot... Laughing
AFK_Eagle

Post   Posted: Oct 12, 2005 - 18:20 Reply with quote Back to top

That's just it, though...I have no spacing involved anywhere in the thing, except between linebreaks in the middle of the table! I really don't know why it's got that space in there...here's how it looks to me when doing a editbio...

Bring your application and a one-time funeral arrangements fee of $50 to the offices of Sai, Shakar, Shinai and Shuriken, team owners. Then just pick up your jersey and follow the signs to the pitch, where your destiny awaits!

<table style="background:silver; border-style:double; border-color:#000000"><tr><th>Position</th><th style="background:black; color:white"># RIP</th><th style="background:red; color:black"># Ret</th><th>Skills</th><th style="background:green; color:white">Doubles</th><th>+Str</th><th style="background:green; color:white">+Agi</th><th>+Ma</th><th style="background:green; color:white">Ave Gms</th><th style="background:blue; color:white">Ave SPP</th></tr>
<tr><td>Linerat</td><td><center>31</center></td><td><center>21</center>

yadayadayada for another couple pages. But other than that gap, I like the way it looks, and what's more, _I_ did it! It wasn't done for me, somebody didn't simply send me a template and have me adjust the wording/numbers to suit my taste. _I_ did it! (This is rather a big thing for me, as computer programming, though having taken C/C++ in college, was never my strong point.) So thx, Rob, for offering to do really fancy things for me, but I'll just keep what I have. (Although I'm not above any constructive suggestions on amendments, along with instructions on how to implement them...)

Jump to: