53 coaches online • Server time: 15:28
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post SWL Season 100!goto Post Vamps win another ma...goto Post 1150 - OWA TT Tourna...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
karix

Post 12 Posted: Oct 01, 2005 - 14:44 Reply with quote Back to top

Hi blokes - i know there has been alot of talk about donating lately and I am all for donating and not only that - but donating regularly.

And though I may be inspired for the ocasional contribution - nothing really invokes the desire to donate regularly (which is the ideal situation for us and Christer as the site would be more stable, faster, blah blah etc)

So I was wondering what sort of features would inspire you all to donate more regularly that arent available at the moment.

Obviously more stability and faster access dont count Razz

I'll kick off by saying I'd love to see more voiced people in #fumbbladmin who can deal with simple problems around the clock in under half an hour (ie pushing through match results, resolving simple rule breeches etc)

obviously you need -very- trustworthy and -very- reliable people for serious issues.

If there would be more of these "basic" admins around i'd be alot keener on donating on a weekly basis..

anyone else have ideas?
DonTomaso

Post   Posted: Oct 01, 2005 - 14:49 Reply with quote Back to top

If $5 bought off your next Ageing, I'd donate heeps...

Post   Posted: Oct 01, 2005 - 14:55 Reply with quote Back to top

I also thought about this problem... it would be really bad and real crash for this site if people had to donate anything... but... in one point you are right... ther're many people who wished this site could get some usefull adds.... we dont get these adds with the argument that crister and the others are too busy to do everything they are asked for... so maybe it would just be a good idea to build up a money for add system... where people could cause more attraticion for the admins to change something if they spend some money...
Eddy

Post   Posted: Oct 01, 2005 - 15:00 Reply with quote Back to top

if the site makes money, GW might not tolerate it. so adds and all are not a good idea.

Post   Posted: Oct 01, 2005 - 15:07 Reply with quote Back to top

oh right ... and i would be really happy if there would be made a safe after rolling on the handicap table but before players are set up...
but.... i wouldnt really donate for that.... do not got the money.. poor student

and / or an option to decide wether to use sf or not... or even a possibility to activate or deactivate the skill by clicking on it....

these would be my favorites....
but as i said... if i had to pay.. i had no choice then had to leave this community
elvisdeadly

Post   Posted: Oct 01, 2005 - 15:18 Reply with quote Back to top

i just looked at the member list there is 14473 of us (unless i got it wrong) just donating a quid each wouldnt break the bank would it? and would go a good way to help out. i would not be opposed to an annual subscription after all nothing in life is free (except free stuff of course) Wink
SnakeSanders

Post   Posted: Oct 01, 2005 - 15:47 Reply with quote Back to top

elvisdeadly wrote:
i just looked at the member list there is 14473 of us (unless i got it wrong) just donating a quid each wouldnt break the bank would it? and would go a good way to help out. i would not be opposed to an annual subscription after all nothing in life is free (except free stuff of course) Wink

If that happened it would be fantastic, and probably keep fumbbl up for a looong time! but in reality there are 1000-2000 active coaches and of them id say 80% of them have no intention of donating, which is a shame Sad I dont donate as often as i should tho... Embarassed
Zatoc

Post   Posted: Oct 01, 2005 - 16:10 Reply with quote Back to top

how much should we donate, as I would due to my useage of the site
DonTomaso

Post   Posted: Oct 01, 2005 - 16:15 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm against forced donations. Donate until you feel good. If $0 makes you feel good and since 'it's a free site after all' donate $0.

I'm all for a button, though. (It's been up before. A button that says 'Fumbbl Supporter' or something like it. Would also be nice to see how much that has been donated by a supporter. But it should still be volountary.)

Post   Posted: Oct 01, 2005 - 16:16 Reply with quote Back to top

If i could make a surgestion that is used on the other site i frequent on a regular basis, "premium membership"

This would allow small but useful extras in the non game side of the the site (searches, forums etc) that are not related to the attual playing of the game.

This would allow people to support the site on a regular basis and creat a continious cash stream to Christer, it would side step the GW isue since it doesn't stop people playing if they don't have the premium membership.

Most people on the other site who have the premium membership hardly ever use the additional freatures anyway but it allows for a steady site support method that isn't advertising.

arghh bumflaps , another fumble. Why can't these Gobbo's just pick the ball up?
Jinxed

Post   Posted: Oct 01, 2005 - 16:38 Reply with quote Back to top

How about an annual fee of 5,- only. Do this and you get the same like you do now. Do not and you have less; for example; a maximum of 3 teams in R, 3 in U and one for each other division.

Fumbbl would STILL be free. 10 teams. More = pay a minimal sum per year.

Just my 2 cts.

Donning fire-resistant suit btw. I expect a lot of heat for this opinion.

Post   Posted: Oct 01, 2005 - 16:42 Reply with quote Back to top

I have less than three teams and always will (My only love is for Hellfishes).

BUT I'd gladly pay a sum anyway. Now that I think of it, I still have to donate this year.
This week I'll do that.

Post   Posted: Oct 01, 2005 - 17:19 Reply with quote Back to top

I love your idea Jinxed where if you want more than 10 teams then you have to chip in. Young coaches dont want to and shouldnt really be asked to donate - but once they've got the love its a great motivation to encourage them to... even the premium membership idea allowing extra perks (more [r] slots was a great example) is a fantastic idea.. i pay 15$ US a month to keep my wow characters around - i think a monthly 'premium membership' option would be fantastic

-karix

me and nuffle... we have a love hate relationship
macike

Post   Posted: Oct 02, 2005 - 09:53 Reply with quote Back to top

DonTomaso wrote:
Would also be nice to see how much that has been donated by a supporter.

IMHO it shouldn't be shown. At least not in numbers. Remember there are people that can not afford too much to donate.

However I would gladly see that coaches playing hundreds of matches donate more. They are ones that make the server busy. Wink

On the other hand, how much time would it take to earn 5-10$ (even for someone who cannot be employed on a regular basis - not to say kid)? How many matches can be played for that time? Give them up. If you enjoy the others' work, why shouldn't others enjoy yours?

Post   Posted: Oct 02, 2005 - 10:22 Reply with quote Back to top

Giving extra perks to people who donate effectively makes the site a pay-site, though, especially in the scheme proposed by Jinxed.