20 coaches online • Server time: 09:30
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnome Roster - how a...goto Post Problem to organize ...goto Post Updated star player ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Telcontar

Post   Posted: Oct 12, 2005 - 10:25 Reply with quote Back to top

Slick wrote:
Simple cherrypicking means you have a match record like this. Not like this or this. Oh yah I was also the 3rd person to qualify for the FC with my dark elves against a schedule of psychotic teams that probably would've dominated your dojo. I'm no cherrypicker pal, I'm what's referred to as the real deal. Please remeber this is not a thread about me. It's for members of the community to make ammends to those whose fun they've spoiled.

Side note: Love the Jimmy Hendrix avatar.

I apologize for not having a match record like Smess 74% wins (600 to 170) (third link)
and i apologize for not getting the reference of psychotic teams you mentioned (you did the slaughter on the skaven didnt you)

Post   Posted: Oct 12, 2005 - 10:28 Reply with quote Back to top

I find it amazing how you can start a thread titled "Apologies" and suddendly someone else just runs in and starts flaming.

MrMojo, really... if you have nothing interesting to say in such a thread, just keep your damn fingers OFF the keyboard! Shouldn't be difficult, and would leave you more time to cherrypick.

Post   Posted: Oct 12, 2005 - 10:28 Reply with quote Back to top

That rule was made for my skaven teams more than anything else, and I don't play WEs because aging drives me crazy and the boys skill up way too fast so I wouldn't know much about what happens to them long term. Let's see more apologies!

Last edited by Slick on %b %12, %2005 - %10:%Oct; edited 1 time in total
HollowOne

Post   Posted: Oct 12, 2005 - 10:29 Reply with quote Back to top

MrMojo's Difficulty in the Championship: 0.90
Slick's Difficulty: 0.97

MrMojo wrote:
Well, define cherrypicking for me then. I think it covers more ground than just playing weaker teams and/or opponents.

Yes, you certainly wouldn't want to adopt a definition that might describe your playing style. People living in glass houses, stones, all that.

Post   Posted: Oct 12, 2005 - 10:33 Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:

i apologize for not getting the reference of psychotic teams you mentioned (you did the slaughter on the skaven didnt you)

The reason i pounded the skaven is because I know how to since they are my favorite team type. Once you know the ins and outs of a race it's easy to romp them most of the time, unless of course the dice decide otherwise. I also was extremely fortunate that one of my 2 handicaps was virus which removed a very dangerous RO. Take a look at the other team too. I put em out of their misery by doing the obvious. Tactical boot to the head on the wolves.

LOL @ Hollowone. That's beautiful man.

Last edited by Slick on %b %12, %2005 - %10:%Oct; edited 2 times in total
Markusen

Post   Posted: Oct 12, 2005 - 10:33 Reply with quote Back to top

I apologize of not taking part of this topic.
MrMojo

Post   Posted: Oct 12, 2005 - 10:42 Reply with quote Back to top

Lol Smile Bash me, I'm not ashamed to say that I cherrypick. I only started it recently tho, just to see where it would lead me. And lo, I started winning much more. So either I've improved my tactics, or cherrypicking pays off in CR/winning-wise.

I'm not really flaming, just provocating, which is fun.

@hollow
Nicely put, but I still feel that pigeonholing cherrypicking meaning only TR/TS-picking is still to narrow. Avoiding DP's and/or Claw/RSC is cherrypicking too, AFAIC.

EDIT: Besides, I need to get my post count over Karhumies anyway, so don't feel bad for bashing me, because that's a fine way for me to post answers, ETC.

Post   Posted: Oct 12, 2005 - 10:58 Reply with quote Back to top

/me helps MrMojo to another post.......

You.........
You.........

Finn!

Post   Posted: Oct 12, 2005 - 10:59 Reply with quote Back to top

Cmon people right those wrongs you've made! I hope at least that the people whose fun I ruined the last few days get to read this.

Post   Posted: Oct 12, 2005 - 11:06 Reply with quote Back to top

AFAIC: As Far As I Cherrypick? Wink
MrMojo

Post   Posted: Oct 12, 2005 - 11:55 Reply with quote Back to top

As far as I'm concerned, but that cherrypicking thing is also good Wink Now I'm going to take a nap.

Post   Posted: Oct 20, 2005 - 14:41 Reply with quote Back to top

Ok, during a match i called my opponent "the worst dork i ever met in fummbl in nearly 100 games". Sorry dude, what I wrote was utterly wrong......instead I should have called you "the worst dork i ever met in all my life"!Wink

Sorry pals, but I can't apologize for my behaviour during the games since i don't think that I behave so badly: I think that some bad talking is acceptable and, at the end, makes the game funnier (as during football, basket, rugby exc matches); when I call my opponent "dork" I don't mean that he is the worst person in the world and that he should have to suffer the most righteous pains, I only express my momentary hartred toward him (usually caused by his style of playing or, more often, by my poor luck!). When the match is ended I forget any verbal skirmish held and I hope my opponent will do the same!

If I have to apologize myself is not for my beahaviour but for my poor playing ability, that sometimes made the game quite boring for my opponent! Sorry dudes, but this is far from my intention.....darn!
MrMojo

Post   Posted: Oct 20, 2005 - 14:46 Reply with quote Back to top

I've often been wondering if you can really take a peek at your opponent's personality, by his playing style. If he's out to destroy your team, fouling every turn like crazy, would it be okay to consider him as having personal problems? or if he's playing nice as a choir angel, would it be okay to think of him as a cordial person?

I have a theory... and a cunning plan!

Post   Posted: Oct 20, 2005 - 14:57 Reply with quote Back to top

I apologise for destroying so many teams in fumbbl.. ow wait I don't!

BWAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Post   Posted: Oct 20, 2005 - 14:59 Reply with quote Back to top

My point exactly.

Jump to: