60 coaches online • Server time: 19:29
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Vamps win another ma...goto Post NBFL Season 32: The ...goto Post Secret League Old Wo...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Do you think Amazons are bashers, ballers, or maybe both?
Bashers, they always grind me into the ground
15%
 15%  [ 16 ]
Ballers, I can never get the ball or keep it away from them
12%
 12%  [ 13 ]
Both, good grief somebody stop them!
40%
 40%  [ 42 ]
Useless, mine always fail miserably and i hate them
11%
 11%  [ 12 ]
Shutup Slick, I'm a bitter, miserable little coach who finds no joy in this game and hate you!
20%
 20%  [ 21 ]
Total Votes : 104

Slick

Post   Posted: Oct 19, 2005 - 15:42 Reply with quote Back to top

Do you think Amazons are bashers, ballers, or maybe both? Are they underpowered, overpowered, or balanced? I'm curious to hear peoples thoughts on this since every time I play the little buggers, either I stomp them completely or vice-versa.

Post   Posted: Oct 19, 2005 - 15:50 Reply with quote Back to top

bashers when they don't play block tackle teams or teams that can roll a few pows Razz

Post   Posted: Oct 19, 2005 - 15:53 Reply with quote Back to top

They have low AV and are fun to hurt. Any other questions? (no, I will not coach them.... ever)

Post   Posted: Oct 19, 2005 - 16:07 Reply with quote Back to top

At low TR they're just brutal. with the exception of (chaos) dwarves they'll have a hard time knocking them down. They can field full positionals with an apo and still have 2 rerolls if desired. giving them 4 blodge players from the start. especially teams without real blitzers like chaos are in a bad position since they only knock down an amazon on a POW all other diecasts don't knock them over or provoke a turnover...thats tough to handle.

Post   Posted: Oct 19, 2005 - 16:13 Reply with quote Back to top

I think amazons are a semi-bashy team. As humans they can choose their style to the opponent weakness. Only one exception they never perform a good passing game, only a running game.
Playing agile teams amazons do a good hitting game, playing semi-bashy teams they can choose to bash (if the opponent has few tacklers) or trying to run and avoid contact. Against basher they can only try to avoid contact and perform a running game.

But amazons are getting in trouble at higher tr, cos then their av7 hurt them much due to lots of tacklers on most teams.

Post   Posted: Oct 19, 2005 - 16:15 Reply with quote Back to top

I met them several times with my ladder teams. Both the vampires and the goblins were outbashed by them. So I think they are bashier than them.

Telcontar

Post   Posted: Oct 19, 2005 - 16:23 Reply with quote Back to top

You can play great passing game with zons if you get some good skills on your linewomen or throwers two AG4 players (with dodge) is easy to get. And always a threat for a pass game.

Zons are the number one cherrypick race cose you just cant afford a game vs dorfs or any other tackle loaded team. you just have to consider Zons will virtualy loose round 20 -30 TS when facing strong tackle teams.

They are Bashy but only to Tr 170 then the bashing stops and the cherrypicking starts

Post   Posted: Oct 19, 2005 - 16:58 Reply with quote Back to top

***Did you know? The term "baller" had a quite different meaning during the 60's and the 70's***

Post   Posted: Oct 19, 2005 - 17:02 Reply with quote Back to top

Yes. Yes, I did.

Post   Posted: Oct 19, 2005 - 17:03 Reply with quote Back to top

EDIT: I'm SO sorry..... I double-posted, I haven't for so long... It makes me feel like a young, brass-playing Irish Boy, who sells coal for a living Sad

Post   Posted: Oct 19, 2005 - 17:10 Reply with quote Back to top

Blasher!
/me loves amazon pies.
Maybe Balshers but then I havent seen an amazon team playing with a dwarf team.
Malthor

Post   Posted: Oct 19, 2005 - 17:21 Reply with quote Back to top

Macavity wrote:
EDIT: I'm SO sorry..... I double-posted, I haven't for so long... It makes me feel like a young, brass-playing Irish Boy, who sells coal for a living Sad

Rubbish, that was no accident. Just a cheap trick to try and beat Brownrob to 1500 posts Wink
Macavity

Post   Posted: Oct 19, 2005 - 17:39 Reply with quote Back to top

No, really, it isn't. I have a policy that I only respond, never double-post. That's why I feel morally superior to Rob!

Post   Posted: Oct 19, 2005 - 17:42 Reply with quote Back to top

Broken as sin, just delete them please!!
MrMojo

Post   Posted: Oct 19, 2005 - 17:51 Reply with quote Back to top

Yes, you can delete your double posts, so it's not a very good excuse.

Jump to: