31 coaches online • Server time: 01:50
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post ramchop takes on the...goto Post Blackbox Teamsgoto Post Secret Stunty Cup IV
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Do you currently have or have had in the past a reoccuring rivalry with another coach?
Yes
67%
 67%  [ 49 ]
No
32%
 32%  [ 24 ]
Total Votes : 73

Diarmuid

Post   Posted: Oct 24, 2005 - 11:14 Reply with quote Back to top

It recently occured to me that I have had the joy of a reoccuring grudge match between another coach on fumbbl. Aequitas happens to be a friend in real life, so maybe that helps a bit, but we have played 3 full pages against one another. Some classic battles have taken place over the long while we have been playing. Sadly hes decided to narrow his world to World of Crack as the expense of blood bowl, so I cannot play him anymore. Some of the constant badgering from others in the fumbbl community played a role in that but I am rambling.

The point of this is to hear of some of your classic ongoing grudge matches between other coaches. I mean when you can get right into it and foul each others teams to ribbons and still laugh about it afterwards, nothing can beat that. You don't have to be foulers I gather to enjoy reoccuring rivalries either I bet Wink

I look forward to enjoying tales of rivalries between coaches or teams for that matter Smile
MrMojo

Post   Posted: Oct 24, 2005 - 11:29 Reply with quote Back to top

World of Crack? That's cunning!

Baldrick: I have a plan, sir.
Blackadder: Really, Baldrick, a cunning and subtle one?
Baldrick: Yes, sir.
Blackadder: As cunning as a fox who's just been appointed Professor of Cunning at Oxford University?

Post   Posted: Oct 24, 2005 - 11:45 Reply with quote Back to top

I never had grudges, but rivalries add some spice to some games, especially vs coaches you like to play against.

I have played multiple coaches multiple times, but some of my Lavino Hellfishes classic rivalries include:

Broken Face (TheSquig's undead team) - 4 games so far
Always bloody, always painful, always fun.

Doomy Diggers (Cloggy's chaos dwarf team) - 3 games so far
These puny dorfs always try to bash us to pieces, but to no avail. We thrice stood against the great Meuh, and were the only humans to ever tie a game against the monster!

Daulatars (ChromeX's orc team) - 2 games so far
Bah... Orcs! They don't even know how a ball looks like. You can dance around them and still take the time to hit from time to time.

Pink Fluffy School Bunnies (Topper28's human team) - 2 games so far
Despite Adriana's all time records, we always showed this "team" some TRUE teamwork.

Trash Cult Actors (Ebenezer's human team) - 3 games so far
Awesome blitzers, tough team. Not feared, but damn respected.

Post   Posted: Oct 24, 2005 - 12:52 Reply with quote Back to top

I have 'grudges' with three coaches: Nachtogen and Fanatic who are buddies in real life, and Madmarx, a strange Hungarian who always threatens to bomb all Belgian breweries (which is a lifetime job).
Any game against them is always a decent and fun game.
That damn nachtogen always manages to beat up my team, and I seem to be losing more than winning against madmarx

games against nachtogen
http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=matches&coach=7963&coach2=7516

games against fanatic
http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=matches&coach=7963&coach2=8390

games against madmarx
http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=matches&coach=7963&coach2=4101
sk8bcn

Post   Posted: Oct 24, 2005 - 13:16 Reply with quote Back to top

wow I have many coaches vs whom I have a special rivalry.

I could make a 12-15 caoches list about that. And that's definitely one of the point why tournaments are so greater than R. R is a bit impersonal. Play the coach, forget the coach, end of the thema.

In tournament, playing often the sames again makes it special IMO.

Post   Posted: Oct 24, 2005 - 13:17 Reply with quote Back to top

In the pre- and early FUMBBL days, I had a recurring rivalry with Christer. We're very well matched coaches, both quite defensive and both hate losing to the other. I narrowly missed out to him on claiming the J League title, the first online tourney Christer ever organised for JBB.

Sadly, we've only played one game (very recently) since the new system went online, and the first time in a few years now: http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=matches&coach=7&coach2=3

Post   Posted: Oct 24, 2005 - 13:28 Reply with quote Back to top

yes, I always enjoy grudge matches against ppl Smile

I guess there's one grudge opponent over everything else for me atm...
Against a certain coach, I've played 205 games, cas diff atm is to his advantage 727-725.

Last edited by odi on %b %26, %2005 - %12:%Oct; edited 1 time in total
Malthor

Post   Posted: Oct 24, 2005 - 14:04 Reply with quote Back to top

Cusi and Screener where great opponents in my early days at FUMBBL.

Cusi
http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=matches&coach=1623&coach2=2493

Screener
http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=matches&coach=1623&coach2=1956

Games with Screener were a blast. He had a lineman called Screener the Lone Elf that I would try to kill every game, but never could maim (might have done a -1 MA to him once) and our games would always end with a 'Next time Malthor, next time!!!'

still disliked all round!
thesquig

Post   Posted: Oct 24, 2005 - 14:21 Reply with quote Back to top

Jan Mattys (as explained above)

and Dreadclaw. We've both destroyed one of each others stars, but luckily Dreadclaw has yet to defeat me. Always destroys my teams though sadly... until next time

Mully

Post   Posted: Oct 24, 2005 - 14:33 Reply with quote Back to top

Nice topic. My favorite opponent is Lurking Gruemeister. Partly because he's my bitch (14-3-8 record), but mostly because he enjoys my caustic curse filled tirades that follow his lucky/my unlucky turns more than anyone.

We've been in many tournies together and, although he is starting to get the best of me, he is still one of my fav opponents. I also know when I get fouled by him that either I deserved it or .... I deserved it. hehe

He's also a good guy to chat with.

Post   Posted: Oct 24, 2005 - 14:43 Reply with quote Back to top

sk8bcn wrote:
wow I have many coaches vs whom I have a special rivalry.

Now, say it: I am one of them, right? But on what rank at your list? Mmm, let´s play more often to find out better.
Wink
DropDeadFred

Post   Posted: Oct 24, 2005 - 15:10 Reply with quote Back to top

i used to have great games with clementus
but theres to many to list really
~Edit
ooo and zy-nox aswell

Post   Posted: Oct 24, 2005 - 15:34 Reply with quote Back to top

I used to have the greatest rivalry in the world with PaulHicks.... That man understood friendly trash-talk better than anyone.... We'd threaten back and forth in the forums and chat, then we'd play. Usually he'd smach me up, sometimes I'd pull a win out of it, every time I would literally laugh out loud. A Toast to Paul!! The nicest Fummbler I've ever played!!!

Post   Posted: Oct 24, 2005 - 15:44 Reply with quote Back to top

I taught Mr__Wizard how to play now I cant beat him Wink (or I can with much luck Wink )
Nachtogen

Post   Posted: Oct 24, 2005 - 15:45 Reply with quote Back to top

I guess I have played enough versus smess and fanatic to call it a reoccuring rivalry, but I know 'em both irl, so I think it's logical that I played 'em more than others. They're also in my tourney, so that gives us a lot of games after some seasons...