59 coaches online • Server time: 00:08
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnome Roster - how a...goto Post Skittles' Centu...goto Post Gnomes are trash
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Fenomen

Post   Posted: Oct 28, 2005 - 01:24 Reply with quote Back to top

Thx for all the detailed Answers. I will play the Team at least one season, but plan to play it for up to 21 games. So if my Teams goes well i will play longer then 7 games for sure.

Most of my Opponents will have around 7 FF, so with 3 FF i will miss 10k alot of games, right?

I will skip the Ogre, thats the advice most gave me. Are you serious that skipping him for 3-4 games might not hinder his SPP Gain too much Question
3-4 times less chance for MVP and Cas in General. If i dont force his SPP gain in any way, his chances of getting block might be like winning the lottery Rolling Eyes

I really want a 13 player team with ogre and 2 catcher after the first season and some skilled linemen, so those are my most important goals. Exclamation
I like the 4 Bz 1-2 Catcher 1 Thrower 3-4 TRR Lineups you guys told me, but i fear with only 4-5 Linemen they wont get many SPP overall and most important, way less chance of an MVP Award. I want a Kicker and 2 Linemen with Block midseason. In Addition i fear starting with 1-2 Catchers and no Apo for their low av and str. What do you think Question

But im not sure which starting lineup might be the best for that, after all i still want to win games, and im not a extremely skilled player. Starting with 11 Players and without an Apothecary seems a bit dangerous, cause if i get a Player Seriously injured i cant buy an Apo after the first game or i have to start with 10 Players in the second Crying or Very sad

I seek some final advice on my starting lineup for the Situation given.

My last Try is:

4 Blitzer
1 Catcher
1 Thrower
5 Linemen
3 TRR
5 FF
Medic

I hope this is the perfect Balance Idea Not to low FF so i wont miss 10k when playing vs Teams with 7+FF which most will be. Medic for the worst case when a Blitzer gets injured.

Thx in Advance.
SolomonKane

Post   Posted: Oct 28, 2005 - 14:18 Reply with quote Back to top

I like it. Good mix of skills and plenty of hitting power with the Blitzers. I can't emphasize enough how useful human Blitzers are; MA 7 and Block is extremely good against starting teams. Against many of the teams you'll be playing, they'll be lacking Block, giving you a huge advantage in hitting. And like everyone else has said, the Ogre early is not a good idea, because Big Guys are just turnover machines. Get too used to trying to block with them to start every turn, and you'll end up with some Pow/Skulls or double skulls killing your turns early. I had a Kroxigor that did that for me for several matches until I got wise and quit trying to use him to overpower lines of scrimmage.
Firesky

Post   Posted: Oct 28, 2005 - 14:26 Reply with quote Back to top

skip the medic on your last one and get higher ff and a second catcher for a lineman
Topper28

Post   Posted: Oct 28, 2005 - 14:33 Reply with quote Back to top

I like it too, and I know!! Wink

oh btw. Get the Ogre and then just roll a double and get block on first skill.

Piece of pie Wink
AFK_Eagle

Post   Posted: Oct 28, 2005 - 16:14 Reply with quote Back to top

Yep, with the new rules barring general access to big guys, getting block for your ogre is winning the lottery anyway, regardless how fast he gets his spp's. The ogre should always be an "well, my turn is over except my ogre, might as well hit with him" type of situation.

Jump to: