36 coaches online • Server time: 02:09
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnome Roster - how a...goto Post Problem to organize ...goto Post Updated star player ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Am i really crap at this game?
Yes, always
48%
 48%  [ 65 ]
No, just really unlucky
8%
 8%  [ 12 ]
Quite a bit of both actually
42%
 42%  [ 57 ]
Total Votes : 134

JanMattys

Post   Posted: Nov 11, 2005 - 13:56 Reply with quote Back to top

Cloggy wrote:
Funny thing is that the TT crowd on TBB is quite convinced that most Fumbbl coaches suck Confused

Most Fumbbl coaches DO suck.
This is why I am above 150CR

Laughing

Post   Posted: Nov 11, 2005 - 14:07 Reply with quote Back to top

Here is as solid a fact as can be produced by one mans experience alone.

If I put my teams on the gamefinder, and log on the chat, and do nothing else - I will be challenged by players with teams *at least* 20-30 higher in tr, ts and cr. I will recieve few challenges from teams of equal strength, and none from weaker teams.

This is wall to wall, rock solid. I've experienced nothing else. And basically that means - everyone is a cherry-picker. Don't be the only exception if you want a shot at winning.

EDIT: Typical - I just remembered. There is ONE exception. But in the cause of honesty, there is one guy with a weaker team who challenged me twice.
Cloggy

Post   Posted: Nov 11, 2005 - 14:12 Reply with quote Back to top

JanMattys wrote:
Cloggy wrote:
Funny thing is that the TT crowd on TBB is quite convinced that most Fumbbl coaches suck Confused

Most Fumbbl coaches DO suck.
This is why I am above 150CR

Laughing

Hmm, they must be right then.

I do know I kinda suck at TT play. 50/50 Record so far, compared with 60-ish% win ratio here.

WHOOPS

/me realises he just wrote an open invitation for people to call him a cherrypicker Shocked

Post   Posted: Nov 11, 2005 - 14:13 Reply with quote Back to top

Uhm... I didn't find it rock solid.

My humans get fair challenges most of the times. Until you find cherrypicking a Chaos asking for a game to a human. Which is a game I might avoid, but it's not a cherrypicking example.

Post   Posted: Nov 11, 2005 - 14:20 Reply with quote Back to top

koadah wrote:
I've decided to ignore the 'don't worry about CR' advice and start the <a href="http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=group&op=view&group=2922">145 Club</a>

IMO you are right on that. playing on the same level is actuallythe best game to find an opponent of same level and to get some fun.

And sometimes, try upward to learn something.

Post   Posted: Nov 11, 2005 - 14:26 Reply with quote Back to top

On the subject of challenges:

My 10 guy woodies get about 7892576255234788903678 times as many offers to play as my other teams when I enter them all in GF.

I even get offers for my woodies when I enter only my other 4 teams in GF Laughing

My cd team Doomy Diggers got offered games all the time when opponents knew they would get 5 handicaps while playing down in TS to begin with. Since the retirement of Meuh, which re-balanced my team, they get none.

Not aiming to make this a "you are all cherrypickers" discussion, since we've had enough of those around here already to last me a lifetime. Still, these are my recent experiences.

Post   Posted: Nov 11, 2005 - 14:31 Reply with quote Back to top

Cloggy wrote:
My 10 guy woodies get about 7892576255234788903678 times as many offers to play as my other teams when I enter them all in GF.

could you show the stats? I wonder how you find that number :p

Post   Posted: Nov 12, 2005 - 09:20 Reply with quote Back to top

People want easy games and people want to win, it's just that simple.

Post   Posted: Nov 12, 2005 - 09:31 Reply with quote Back to top

just keep playing mate, and maybe you should try spectating a few matches here and there to get some tips and tricks
Superstar

Post   Posted: Nov 12, 2005 - 11:54 Reply with quote Back to top

I watched a few of your games, your really crap man
sk8bcn

Post   Posted: Nov 12, 2005 - 12:39 Reply with quote Back to top

MrMojo wrote:
People want easy games and people want to win, it's just that simple.

this is more than debatable. I like easy wins, real challenges, but also fun games were I don't care to win, and some bloodfests too.

It's your definition from your cherripkaz group Razz

Post   Posted: Nov 12, 2005 - 13:25 Reply with quote Back to top

I think that most people would prefer to win a tough game than an easy one. Assuming that their team does not get decimated in the process of course. Smile

It is a game though, so it is nice to win from time to time. Smile

Post   Posted: Nov 12, 2005 - 14:15 Reply with quote Back to top

well it depends. I prefer to play a good coach when I am in a good physical shape. If you do a mistake (it happens to everyone. Missing a TZ that was evident. Miscounting number of dices you roll on a block. Not nothing that yor opponent still have a turn left. Miscounting the number of square you have to run an early gfi reasonless.....) it tends to kills you when playing vs another really good coach. A weaker one will do mistakes himself and recover from yours will be easier.

For exemple, if I really start to feel sleepy but still want to play, it's more probable that I will lokk for a stunty game.

Post   Posted: Nov 12, 2005 - 19:40 Reply with quote Back to top

hahaaa, my new helves are now at played 3 won 2, shocker....
and the one i lost was a last turn thing. although their first game was a concede lol. perhaps i have found my calling. perhaps im an elf player (i do hope not tho, i have been dissing them for years)
no matter, i have got a little more picky about who cherry picks me and with what team, and its paying off.
oh yeah, come play me in the 145 tourney, lets see who is the best of the worst Razz[/i]
Macavity

Post   Posted: Nov 12, 2005 - 19:48 Reply with quote Back to top

Congrats! Remember, I'll take any challenge other than dwarves on my flings, cherry-pick me all you want!