11 coaches online • Server time: 04:57
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnome Roster - how a...goto Post Problem to organize ...goto Post Updated star player ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Skrofler

Post   Posted: Nov 03, 2005 - 19:06 Reply with quote Back to top

Why do dwarf coaches challenge amazons?
I've never liked dwarves. They offer a limited challenge and the style of play you get with them and against them is boring to say the least.
I've never actually coached a dwarf team but to me a match up against an amazon team seems like the height of boring. I simply can't guess the reason to play such matches.

So help me out here. Why do you dwarf coaches want to play against amazons?

Mondays, 20:00-0:00
Tuesdays, 20:00-0:00
Wednesdays, 20:00-0:00
Thursdays, 22:00-0:00
Fridays, preferably not
Weekends, generally daytime 8:00-17:00
xlars

Post   Posted: Nov 03, 2005 - 19:11 Reply with quote Back to top

To win? Or maybe for the SPP? I have played dwarfs but had any zones accept a game. Maybe the question should be; why would a amazone coach accept the challenge?
-XL

Post   Posted: Nov 03, 2005 - 19:14 Reply with quote Back to top

I dunno what you guys think but I play for fun every time (and not just dorfs(I don't play dorfs))!
Skrofler

Post   Posted: Nov 03, 2005 - 19:16 Reply with quote Back to top

xlars wrote:
To win? Or maybe for the SPP? I have played dwarfs but had any zones accept a game. Maybe the question should be; why would a amazone coach accept the challenge?
-XL

Well I accepted the challenge to see if it was any fun.

But "to win"? Where's the fun in winning push over games?

Fridays, preferably not

Last edited by Skrofler on %b %03, %2005 - %19:%Nov; edited 1 time in total
Macavity

Post   Posted: Nov 03, 2005 - 19:19 Reply with quote Back to top

Dwarves are original. Amazons are from that weird new continent. Damn Kids! When I was young..... Razz

Post   Posted: Nov 03, 2005 - 19:20 Reply with quote Back to top

I think it´s because the dwarves´s heads it´s at the right height to have a good sight of the zons and their t*** (can I say t*ts here?)
Darkwolf

Post   Posted: Nov 03, 2005 - 19:31 Reply with quote Back to top

My dwarfs are 2-0 versus zones and I stopped challenging them. I even played up in TR as well. Just not into playing zones with my dwarfs for that reason. However, since I played Kenty's ladies, I run like hell from zones with all my other teams. Nasty team with blodge, guard, dp's and usually 3-4 reserves.

Post   Posted: Nov 03, 2005 - 19:35 Reply with quote Back to top

I hate dwarfs, I hate zons
Schalburg

Post   Posted: Nov 03, 2005 - 19:43 Reply with quote Back to top

Amazons are silly from the beginning if they cant even take on a bunch of dwarves. I'm so sick of people complaining about dwarves or fouling and stalling for that matter.
Macavity

Post   Posted: Nov 03, 2005 - 19:44 Reply with quote Back to top

I hate that I'm not on Darkwolf's list of favourite coaches...

Post   Posted: Nov 03, 2005 - 20:04 Reply with quote Back to top

If (chaos) dwarves didnt exist, what would be there to keep amazons in check?. Blodge on every player? They'd dominate at tournament level thats for sure.

Post   Posted: Nov 03, 2005 - 20:53 Reply with quote Back to top

Gumbo wrote:
If (chaos) dwarves didnt exist, what would be there to keep amazons in check?. Blodge on every player? They'd dominate at tournament level thats for sure.

Yeah! Dwarves are the only thing that makes people think twice before coaching an Amazon team in a tournament.

And how can you not love the little fellas!? They've got beards, beers, bloodbowl teams and beer!

All this being said I like playing against dwarves - it's a different challenge than most other teams. It's when I end up playing dwarves in 3 out 5 games that it gets a little tedious. I feel the same way about Orcs and Nuffle knows that there are way more Orc teams out there.

As to why anyone would challenge zons or stunties with dwarves:

1.: The coach is terrible at the game and needs to even the odds by playing some of the most rediculous match-ups the game offers.

2.: The coach likes it when the other team goes *squish*.

3.: He likes to hear/read people say/write: "Go to [L]!"

Again - amazons against most other teams can be almost as bad as bad as the dwarf vs zon. And playing against Amazons with stunties is basically worse than playing against dwarves - at least you Big Guys can knock down the dwarves so you can foul them.
Skrofler

Post   Posted: Nov 03, 2005 - 21:00 Reply with quote Back to top

RedFish wrote:
As to why anyone would challenge zons or stunties with dwarves:

1.: The coach is terrible at the game and needs to even the odds by playing some of the most rediculous match-ups the game offers.

This is probably the case with some coaches but there are competent coaches out there as well.
Quote:

Then why not just play stunty?
Quote:
3.: He likes to hear/read people say/write: "Go to [L]!"

Probably not.

Fridays, preferably not
Skrofler

Post   Posted: Nov 03, 2005 - 21:02 Reply with quote Back to top

Gumbo wrote:

Nice point but the question was not which team is more broken - amazons or dwarves. The topic is still: Is this fun?
If not fun then why play?

Fridays, preferably not
MiBasse

Post   Posted: Nov 03, 2005 - 21:04 Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:

Quote:

Then why not just play stunty?

Because he doesn't like it when his own team goes *squish*. FUMBBL is full of coaches that would happily offer a game with their Claw/RSC/Tackle heavy Chaos to any AV7 teams and run into hiding with their own skaven and elves as soon as a single MB player shows up on the other team.

There are plenty of people who like to relish in the imaginary blood of other people's pixels without a care, while they guard jeallously over their own little "people".

EDIT: There are also many more great people here on FUMBBL and I really don't have anything against any of the people here because of the way they play. Disregarding people because of the way they play a game is silly to say the least Smile
 Jump to: