24 coaches online • Server time: 01:02
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post killing by fun?goto Post Pact/Renegades metagoto Post Raising a Thrall wit...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Sammytheseal

Post   Posted: Nov 11, 2005 - 23:05 Reply with quote Back to top

Jacks of all trades, or just simply masters of nothing?

I've made 2 proper human teams so far, I find that thier not much chop anymore.
Once these guys were a capable middle of the road team. A good pick I thought for a new Fumbbl Coach. Sadly they just seem to get outclassed by every one these days. Not tough enough to realy beat on anyone, not enough AG to be able to dodge and play a good passing game.
Any one else feel like these guys have been left in the dust after the new human team flavours came out?

And do you still agree with the old idea that they are a good starting team?
JanMattys

Post   Posted: Nov 11, 2005 - 23:09 Reply with quote Back to top

Yes, I do agree they are a good starting team.
AG3 forces you to THINK (and learn) before you do anything, cause it can fail.
They cannot outbash until TR 180 at least, but they have a wide range of choices available... 5 Guards and 4 mov8 speedy guys.

Post   Posted: Nov 11, 2005 - 23:16 Reply with quote Back to top

well... presonally i've fallen in love with amazons lately, so if you think humans are bad and hard to play, give zons a quick try to feel a certain level of relief...

a few pointers for humans... ur greatest strength is speed against bashy teams... i would avoid using the catcher for defence (2 str) so maybe just 1 in the team at all times. (argue at will) retire nigglers, and view matches...

all teams are good to start with, but humans are a good starting team because they are all-rounders. start with bashy teams first imo, learn how to block, assists etc, and then move on to speedy teams (human/skaven/lizzies), then move onto high ag (elf ball), and then onto some of the stranger/harder/funnier teams... zons, norse (for suicidal runs), chaos (when u choose strange combos) etc...

new fummbl coaches need around 10 matches to adjust, just be patient and you will pick up in a while...

and visit the fumbbl academy for some helpful pointers:
http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=group&op=view&group=1140

-LordSnotball

The Congregation - Always Recruiting
[url=http://igolocal.net/badge.php?user_id=1949]Image [/url]
PirateRob

Post   Posted: Nov 11, 2005 - 23:20 Reply with quote Back to top

I like humans better then both the norse and the amazons. The armour 7/8 makes a huge difference in survivability of players. Also the lack of speed on those teams means your players get beat up more. I digress.

Humans real strength is that every player can throw a block and every player can catch the ball. Neither amazingly well but it's very easy to keep your opponent off guard. Also the plethora of skills allows you to save your rerolls for blocks to help get your players down the field.

Not that my human team is actaully that good at winning games with a 208 (60/50/9Cool record.
http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=team&op=view&team_id=10737
Macavity

Post   Posted: Nov 11, 2005 - 23:22 Reply with quote Back to top

Humans are incredinle. They are wonderful and lovely. They are highly skilled and have better movement than most teams. Avoid the Ogre, let players play their positions, and you will have great success. Throw the ball, have a party, get Guard on everyone you can, have another party. Use Blitzers to actually Blitz, have more than one thrower (I know not everyone agrees with that last one) Watch my most recent game with my Humans! Opponent played up 18 TR and Down 21 TS to me and I won 3-1 (some luck on injuries, but I had a ball). http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=match&op=view&id=958644 Humans rock. They are the best team out there.

Post   Posted: Nov 11, 2005 - 23:31 Reply with quote Back to top

Humans can do everything, they survive and they are CHEAP. With Ag4 teams - they keep rolling 1´s anyway and have not the money to buy as much rerolls like humans, that have more skills too!
Sammytheseal

Post   Posted: Nov 11, 2005 - 23:32 Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks for all your opions so far, It may just be that I've been tainted by those sneaky elves. After playing a couple of games with my high Elf team, I just love that any team member can pass and catch.

I find that in a Human team those guys that can pass and catch have big targets painted on them.

Still, Im nothing if not foolish. So my 4th Human team has been made. Hopefuly this one has a better survival rate for its players than my previous ones have.
SnakeSanders

Post   Posted: Nov 11, 2005 - 23:33 Reply with quote Back to top

no 2 human games are ever the same.

I play humans with a fast running game, a Block Sure Hands Ballcarrier with a mesh of Guarding Blitzers/Ogre/linos. Most folk when you run against them normally expect slow drives but humans can run and score in 2 turns. My throwers do most of the scoring, catchers used as pests in the backfield, but if my opponent ignores them, Ill use them to score instead. Guard assisting a Sure Hands ballcarrier who could have dumpoff means your not going to get the ball very much, especially with another thrower lurking to carry on the drive.

I take 2 throwers on my human teams too Macavity,
PirateRob

Post   Posted: Nov 11, 2005 - 23:34 Reply with quote Back to top

If I could I'd take 4 throwers and only 2 catchers.
Webbe

Post   Posted: Nov 11, 2005 - 23:35 Reply with quote Back to top

Humans are great at low and mid ratings but sadly become worse and worse compared to more specialized teams the higher the TR get. At 250 and above they just suck!
Optihut

Post   Posted: Nov 11, 2005 - 23:43 Reply with quote Back to top

I think humans are kinda in the middle field now. Back before in the days of permanent starplayers, they were the best team around (imho, ymmv) with 4 excellent stars to hire.
JanMattys

Post   Posted: Nov 12, 2005 - 01:37 Reply with quote Back to top

As an experienced Human Coach (I coach the longest-lived Human team in Fumbbl, and the only one past 200 games with a winning record), I think this can be of advice.
Beware: this is a personal choice list, and it well suits MY playstyle and preferences. Many ppl would disagree about some of my choices, but this is the nice thing about bloodbowl.

My perfect roster for humans is:

1 Ogre
4 Blitzers
2 Throwers
3 Catchers (never more than 2 on the pitch, if you can)
4 Linemen

Ogre: Guard then Multiple Block then Break Tackle
Ogre doubles: Block then Pro then tackle

Blitzer: Guard then Tackle then Mighty Blow (mix the last two, and have a couple of both, then switch)
Blitzer doubles: Stand Firm then Dodge

Catcher: Block then Side Step then Diving Tackle (alternative is Block then Sidestep then Shadowing)
Catcher doubles: Dauntless then Guard then Jump Up

Thrower: Accurate then Block then Safe Throw
Thrower doubles: Strong Arm then Dodge then Nerves of Steel

Linemen: Block then Tackle then Pass Block
Linemen doubles: Guard then Dodge then Mighty Blow

Special Guest Skills: Kick (asap on a Lino), Dirty Player (I don't like it but take it on a Lino before block if you do)

ALWAYS TAKE +STAT increases (Yes, even +MA on double five on a Lino first skill).

ps: I have a winning record with humans, and I don't cherrypick (ask around...). And believe me I am not at all among the best coaches out there. Humans can be a real pain in the arse, and almost everytime they meet opponents who think that humans are an easy win. Humans can be surprising. Use all of their speed and skill choices to your advantage. Last minute trick: many ppl do not dodge with humans. I do. A lot. Humans have access to TONS of "rerolling skills", and they basically only use rerolls for go for its and double skulls. If you feel like it, and have a spare reroll, try some dodges. Your opponent will be surprised by your mobility, and you can pull out incredible plays moving like only elves normally do. Just remember to perform safe moves first. Very Happy

Post   Posted: Nov 12, 2005 - 01:48 Reply with quote Back to top

Thats a really interesting read, I for one struggled immensely when I played humans, but that was a while ago. Perhaps its time to dust off the boots for one last runout.

"Hugh Mann eh? Now theres a name I can trust!"
Me Loves Futurama
Brad

Post   Posted: Nov 12, 2005 - 03:45 Reply with quote Back to top

I started playing BBowl with Humans, and now I find that even after more than a decade, I still love having a bash with them. My latest Human team (and first for Fumbbl) Middle of the Road is a concept team that limits some of the diversity of the humans - and they still have a 50-50 average. (I went thru a crazy phase and played Norse/Chaos/Khemri/Dwarf almost back to back). If You can learn and think about what U need to do to win with the humans, then you'll be that much stronger when you transition to teams with less 'middle of the road' strengths and weaknesses.

Post   Posted: Nov 12, 2005 - 12:54 Reply with quote Back to top

Am I just the only one that hates human.

For various reasons:

1-They are NOT a team suited for newbees because they are mid-bashers and mid-agile. So as it was said: better think on your moves. I don't like them really

2-They are class-less: really look at they're pics. They seem off-topic.

3-You have to play a good running game and this is not always the easiest way to play. I've seen some humies coaches and while their technique is good, I easely would see a rookie struggling to play it.

My advice: change for orcs.