13 coaches online • Server time: 07:06
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post Gnome Roster - how a...goto Post Skittles' Centu...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Thorril

Post 3 Posted: Nov 13, 2005 - 13:27 Reply with quote Back to top

Hi mates!

In a few hours I will have to play a board game with my Chaos Skintakers of Phtaal vs the Ogres of FC Tretmühle Oggersheim 05

The rosters are slightly out of date. My Chaos team has a Mino now and one Warrior with Block whereas one beastman misses that game. It could be that there's one more Ogre on my opponents roster.

So maybe some of you have some clever suggestions besides running for cover like hell and avoid being beaten to dust or take out the gobbos and hope for a lot of boneheads.

Thanks in advance
Fama

Post   Posted: Nov 13, 2005 - 13:34 Reply with quote Back to top

Well... Maybe use mino to blitz and then foul? IMO you should have taken dp as first skill, or kick maybe. Block is ok tho. Anyway. I suggest (you probably knew this) that you block/foul the hobbos, and try to take the ogres out, if possible. Also, remember, you can use mino's horns to 2d blitz him into the crowd. That should hurt.
Arcon

Post   Posted: Nov 13, 2005 - 13:38 Reply with quote Back to top

Hmm, from playing Ogres myself, I have experienced that my opponents doing 2 d Blocks against them most of the times work wonders if their players have Block. Its 50% chance per dice to knock the ogre down and only 1 in 6 per dice to roll a skull. This works very good for Dwarves. You only have 2 Block players, but you might use them in this fashion, if you dare. You also have a good chance with ST4 players and Horns to get 2 1d or even 2d Blocks per turn.
When hunting Gobbos, do that with the block players and / or make sure you get 3 d Blocks.
Thorril

Post   Posted: Nov 13, 2005 - 13:47 Reply with quote Back to top

I always forget that the Mino has a ST 6 Blitz *slap myself loudly*

Now it's your turn to slap my with the LRB: Does that Mino still have ST 6 on his second Block if he pushes with the first one or is he reduced to ST 5. I always forget that, either.

btw, I prefer to Block with 2d against me when I have block instead of dodging out of the way...
Fama

Post   Posted: Nov 13, 2005 - 13:56 Reply with quote Back to top

He has it on the second block too... I think Razz
Furious_George

Post   Posted: Nov 13, 2005 - 14:06 Reply with quote Back to top

yep, he does

"Hugh Mann eh? Now theres a name I can trust!"
Me Loves Futurama
Drud

Post   Posted: Nov 13, 2005 - 17:37 Reply with quote Back to top

as long as your mino doesn't have block, a 2d block/blitz has a fair chance to go wrong (1/9 for each block) = ~20% of knocking down yourself*

I'd use the blitz with the blocking Beastman. If he blitzes (ST 4) against a gobbo with 1 assist, he'll have a 3d-block, with a ~70% chance of knocking down the little critter. And since they're only AV 7, you have a pretty good chance of getting some off the pitch. If you're lucky you can get some blocks in as well.

* Calc'ed as the chance of not knocking yourself over in 2 consecutive 2d blocks (=1-(8/9)^2), it's not completely correct, since you're (of course) able to knock down your opponent in the first block, and then dont need to do the second. It is however, still a pretty big risk imo.
heinz

Post   Posted: Nov 13, 2005 - 19:05 Reply with quote Back to top

It's gonna be a tough match for your chaos, much depends on when the ogres start their cassing spree - you winning chanses should be good though. Target the gobos whenever possible and play a little conservative - wait for his ogres to get stupid. Do not base your play on the blockless mino - better to take 2d against with block and rr if you get a chance to sack a ballhandling ogre. Force him to make many dice rolls and spend his rr early. Good luck, I hope your team survives.
/heinz

Post   Posted: Nov 13, 2005 - 19:18 Reply with quote Back to top

heinz wrote:
Force him to make many die rolls and spend his rr early.

Seconded. Ogres rarely carry many rolls around. If you force him to toss many dice and he fails, he needs to choose:

1) Use re-roll. The RR might be extremely necessary later on in the half.
2) No re-roll. Turover and you got yourself a chance to attack.

Also, if you got much more Block in the team nowadays, you could try to tie up two blockless Ogre with a single Block Beastman but only when you are going in for the ball and need those two Ogre to be reserved. No reason to do it every turn, meh. Either one of the Ogre needs to block you to free the other Ogre. Chances are he gets some skulls or the first Ogre is stupid and he doesn't want to block with the other 'cause if that fails (bone head or skulls), you'd get a free player for next turn.

Arcon wrote:
Hmm, from playing Ogres myself, I have experienced that my opponents doing 2 d Blocks against them most of the times work wonders if their players have Block. Its 50% chance per dice to knock the ogre down and only 1 in 6 per dice to roll a skull. This works very good for Dwarves.
--
When hunting Gobbos, do that with the block players and / or make sure you get 3 d Blocks.

Remember to hurt a gobbo every turn. Ogre are slow, a bit clumsy, a bit stupid and usually blockless. Kick the gobs in the shins, as losing a single Ogre does not often matter but clearing the pitch out of gobs, you got a mighty number advantage. I'd bet he doesn't like to foul back with an Ogre, either once the gobs are gone. Too risky. ^^

Oh, and remember to have someone deep down while defending. He might try a TTM, landing a bit short.

Thorril

Post   Posted: Nov 14, 2005 - 12:36 Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks for all the advice.

Despite of my best efforts he was able to tie my lead with a TTM touchdown two times. So we played 2:2 in the end.
My Mino badly hurt an Ogre in the second turn of half one but I wasn't able to injure a single Gobbo even by fouling them.
I didn't get hurt badly myself, suffered only one cas. The niggling I got resumed from a first skill roll of a beastman *growl* Evil or Very Mad

Next game I gonna hunt and beat up some skaven scum Twisted Evil
 Jump to: