66 coaches online • Server time: 20:10
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post 7s for fummbl?goto Post Exempt teamsgoto Post Gnomes are trash
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
fosthefish

Post   Posted: Dec 17, 2005 - 19:15 Reply with quote Back to top

due to irreconcilible differences between my team and the league, the chargers are leaving the league. sorry
fosthefish

Post   Posted: Dec 17, 2005 - 19:26 Reply with quote Back to top

and to be clear, i have no problem with playing games and losing (see my win percentage), but when i have to choose between my principles and forfeiting to someone, i'm picking my principles every time
Meetgrinder

Post   Posted: Dec 17, 2005 - 19:38 Reply with quote Back to top

Uh? Eh?

Shame - you're a good coach fos, gave me a right hammering (only your bloodlust stopped you from scoring again in our game and levelling or winning the match).

I'd hope you reconsider, but guess that whatever it was caused you to fall out isn't meant to be printed on the boards, so I will just wish you all the best and a happy xmas

Cheers

Meetgrinder (Paul)
lamby16

Post   Posted: Dec 17, 2005 - 19:52 Reply with quote Back to top

Meetgrinder wrote:
Uh? Eh?

Shame - you're a good coach fos, gave me a right hammering (only your bloodlust stopped you from scoring again in our game and levelling or winning the match).

I'd hope you reconsider, but guess that whatever it was caused you to fall out isn't meant to be printed on the boards, so I will just wish you all the best and a happy xmas

Cheers

Meetgrinder (Paul)

He's quiting because i said it was an underhanded tactic to hire Zug - and against the spirit of fair play. I asked him to retire the player in order to continue with the league (after discussions with the staff this was the agreed solution) but he said he would not do this. I advised him this would result in a forefeit and he still said no, I wish he wasn't leaving either but i dont want that kind of coach in the league anyway. Anything goes on the field (i.e Crowd Pushing, Fouling) but tactics like that are just not neccesary

Post   Posted: Dec 17, 2005 - 22:07 Reply with quote Back to top

but crowd pushing leads to how many pages of abuse, even though captain1821 did nothing illegal? i feel i'm being persecuted for the same reason. if the league was consistent from the start on all rules instead of inventing them, id still be a willing participant,

to meetgrinder, anytime u fancy a game, the chargers especially are waiting. u probably owe them some casualties anyway!!!
lamby16

Post   Posted: Dec 17, 2005 - 22:23 Reply with quote Back to top

fosthefish wrote:
but crowd pushing leads to how many pages of abuse, even though captain1821 did nothing illegal? i feel i'm being persecuted for the same reason. if the league was consistent from the start on all rules instead of inventing them, id still be a willing participant,

to meetgrinder, anytime u fancy a game, the chargers especially are waiting. u probably owe them some casualties anyway!!!

The league has been consistent on All rules. There have been differences of opinion about playing styles, but no-one accused Captain1821 of breaking any rules - Crowd Pushing, despite being not very nice for the coach on the recieving end is an In Game Tactic. It is not something that is done before the game to affect your opposition - which is unneccesary, unsportsmanlike and generally not a nice thing to do. Your 10000% Stubborn attitude towards any negotiation or compromise is the only reason i had to forefite the game and the only reason you are leaving the league. i wish this could have been avoided, and as such i feel your not being persecuted at all. If you want to be the kind of coach that ends up on peoples Black List's be my guest, nobody else in the league has used this tactic so far despite other stars being employed - and you are the ONLY person I've talked to that says your right. I know it's LRB legal, but that's not the point. This league is supposed to be about fun, fluffy, long term games. Not Do Or Die matches were you do anything to win (including these underhanded tactics - which you acknowledged yourself were underhanded)

Post   Posted: Dec 18, 2005 - 10:28 Reply with quote Back to top

Fos at the end of the day m8 if you didn't know that Lamby had zug then fair enough m8, but if you did know and did it in order to stop Lamby using him then it is wrong. I'm sorry your leaving because of this and that your moral fibre won't let you acept the ruling of the staff.

It's correct that it isn't illegal in the LRB but we do expect a certain amount of decency and mutual respect from anybody participating in this league. what was the problem if Lamby had ZUG, was there any problem with you hiring Zara the Slayer? you made a choice then just like you made a choice to leave and not reconcile.

i had put the proposal forward on the use of star players, i need everybody who's left in the leagues feedback on this so that we the staff can put this into effect.

Alan
fosthefish

Post   Posted: Dec 18, 2005 - 15:40 Reply with quote Back to top

couldn't afford zara, and didn't no anyway, and i question the comment that lamby's team was seriously weakened as he has 11 non-zug players. the only difference being that i chose an ogre at the outset and he didn't. lamby u no better than to start arguing....
lamby16

Post   Posted: Dec 18, 2005 - 16:41 Reply with quote Back to top

fosthefish wrote:
lamby u no better than to start arguing....

What's that supposed to mean?

Post   Posted: Dec 19, 2005 - 09:44 Reply with quote Back to top

sorry guys Fos and Lamby, please if your going to continue this do it by PM not on the group thread. This has obviously descended from being a simple ruling conflict over unsportsmanlike conduct into a personal disagreement and as such should be dealt with in private not on the public message thread system.

Alan
VinnieSpleenmasher

Post   Posted: Dec 21, 2005 - 17:10 Reply with quote Back to top

Solahma is my nomination for Coach of the Year. He just gave up 8 SPPs to abandon a game in our make-up game for Week 2!

The game would have swayed the league for I suffered 2 deaths, 1 BH, 1 MNG, and I KO which did not return all within 9 turns. There is no way I could have compeated in the future. He didn't have that damn ogre in week 2! I couldn't dodge, gfi, or pick up the ball in those nine turns. He scored on my possession in the first half as though he was playing against air.

The dice rape in this league is incredible. This would have been 3 DRs out of 5. Add in Capt and I need to start drinking heavily!

This is why I play stunty! Where are the flings?!?!?!
lamby16

Post   Posted: Dec 21, 2005 - 17:12 Reply with quote Back to top

VinnieSpleenmasher wrote:
Solahma is my nomination for Coach of the Year. He just gave up 8 SPPs to abandon a game in our make-up game for Week 2!

The game would have swayed the league for I suffered 2 deaths, 1 BH, 1 MNG, and I KO which did not return all within 9 turns. There is no way I could have compeated in the future. He didn't have that damn ogre in week 2! I couldn't dodge, gfi, or pick up the ball in those nine turns. He scored on my possession in the first half as though he was playing against air.

The dice rape in this league is incredible. This would have been 3 DRs out of 5. Add in Capt and I need to start drinking heavily!

This is why I play stunty! Where are the flings?!?!?!

Next season there will be Flings....wait and see!! Also - valid point about not playing the same team makes it toally pointless to play a make up game. At least Fos and I havent played games since. Captain1821 made this point earlier, and I have to agree with him after your game

Post   Posted: Dec 21, 2005 - 17:18 Reply with quote Back to top

hmm yes flings, fling olympics, hammerfling, javelfling, hurdlefling, shotfling, longfling lmao

LOVE IT!!!!!!

staff i think we need to start working out fluff for next season.

might i make the offer official to the Spleenmasher to become staff for next season? maybe taking care of the little league so to speak.

Alan
lamby16

Post   Posted: Dec 21, 2005 - 17:24 Reply with quote Back to top

AlanHasek wrote:
hmm yes flings, fling olympics, hammerfling, javelfling, hurdlefling, shotfling, longfling lmao

LOVE IT!!!!!!

staff i think we need to start working out fluff for next season.

might i make the offer official to the Spleenmasher to become staff for next season? maybe taking care of the little league so to speak.

Alan

We need a member of staff for each league - As we've already talked about, there are going to be four leagues (the existing Human League, a Dorf League a Fling League and an Elf League) with the top teams from each competing to be the best of the best. If you me and firesky run a league each, (i cant see why Vinnie cant run the Fling) league then we need one more member. Although i would suggest from experience of running this league, if we have our own teams in a division, not to be in charge of it (i.e i wont run the human league next season)

Sound good?? I'll sort out the fluff (which i've already sent to you Alan) over my christmas break and get an official league set up (i might set up 3 more groups - would make things less complicated)

Any ideas - Post here!

James

Post   Posted: Dec 21, 2005 - 23:05 Reply with quote Back to top

Game Six vs. Altdorf Furies: We salvaged a tie 1-1, but he and his dice out played me for a half. At one point, a combined 13 players were in the KO, SI, or RIP boxes. I thought we were playing Chaos Flings for a moment and someone had a bloody chainsaw out on the pitch! I swear that these humans need to be in the stunty leagues. The Cheeseheads have played five games (with one forfeit) and three have been bizarre! Once again, nice job Lamby! You deserved the win! Also, thanks for putting up with all my bitching! If you need us, the team and I will be at Rosie Rumpe's Royal Dumpe for quite a few shots and even more than a few beers. I just don't understand humans!
 Jump to: