39 coaches online • Server time: 11:01
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post Gnome Roster - how a...goto Post Skittles' Centu...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
El_Jairo

Post 22 Posted: Nov 17, 2005 - 04:07 Reply with quote Back to top

What is the best way to develop this guy, in you opinion?

I don't have much expierence with this situation.
Should I make him:

- a good ball carrier with sure hands?

- a nice safety with tackle?

- a cage breaker with leap?

- or just a regular dark elf with DP?

Share your thoughts/expierences and maybe you BB wisdom ... Rolling Eyes

btw he plays in this team: http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=team&team_id=174896
Borgen

Post   Posted: Nov 17, 2005 - 04:11 Reply with quote Back to top

sure hands is a waste. tackle, side step, leap all good choices.

Post   Posted: Nov 17, 2005 - 04:13 Reply with quote Back to top

u pretty much need tackle
Malthor

Post   Posted: Nov 17, 2005 - 04:14 Reply with quote Back to top

Dodge, Side Step, Tackle, Leap in whatever order you like. Personally I don't take Leap on AG4 players on an AG4 team (only give it to AG5 players) but Str 4 can be an exception.

If you get a double, take Mighty Blow.

still disliked all round!
tautology

Post   Posted: Nov 17, 2005 - 04:44 Reply with quote Back to top

Since you already have Dodge, I would recommend:
Tackle, Sidestep, Leap
In that order, and doubles go to guard (unless you have at least 4 other guards already in which case, mighty blow)
El_Jairo

Post   Posted: Nov 17, 2005 - 04:48 Reply with quote Back to top

I already have two tackling blitzers on my team and my MB witch is going to get tackle also... to make that MB pay off
So I was thinking that side step would be a good choice to try to keep the 4 ST blitzer live longer....
AFK_Eagle

Post   Posted: Nov 17, 2005 - 05:17 Reply with quote Back to top

In that case, give him frenzy on a double, combined with his str4 he should be pretty safe for follow-on blocks, and then sidestep will keep him safe so you'll have yet another crowdpush option...

Post   Posted: Nov 17, 2005 - 07:30 Reply with quote Back to top

AFK_Eagle wrote:
In that case, give him frenzy on a double, combined with his str4 he should be pretty safe for follow-on blocks, and then sidestep will keep him safe so you'll have yet another crowdpush option...

I'd disagree on the frenzy thing. While every team should have a frenzy player (and certainly one with str. 4) adding one additional frenzy player to the DE team, which already has two, is a waste of potential.
Arcon

Post   Posted: Nov 17, 2005 - 08:46 Reply with quote Back to top

El_Jairo wrote:
I already have two tackling blitzers on my team and my MB witch is going to get tackle also... to make that MB pay off
So I was thinking that side step would be a good choice to try to keep the 4 ST blitzer live longer....

I´d go for tackle (or strip ball) nevertheless. I usually find it so much more easier to block with my ST4 DE instead of the usually ST3, especially if no guard is around. Since you don´t have no BG nor other ST4 players you should use him for offense, not defense. And thus I would go for MB on doubles.
SergeiBautin

Post   Posted: Nov 17, 2005 - 09:34 Reply with quote Back to top

Dont be too concerned with his survival in your skillchoices. He can be rather "useless" (If a st4 player can be that!). USe his strength to cause pain on the opponents. Tackle, Pro, Mighty Blow, Frenzy

Post   Posted: Nov 17, 2005 - 10:03 Reply with quote Back to top

what tautology said
Webbe

Post   Posted: Nov 17, 2005 - 10:04 Reply with quote Back to top

tackle is a must, doesn't matter if everybody else already got it, there will be situations (very often) when the str4 is the diffrence between a loose ball and your opponent scores. This doesn't mean he shouldn't do TDs though, he's definately your best ballcarrier too.
I'd give him tackle first followed by side step. MB or Frenzy on any doubles (again it doesn't matter your witch got it as str4 makes him the choice for the blitz so often, and witches tend to die anyway)
Ironik

Post   Posted: Nov 17, 2005 - 10:29 Reply with quote Back to top

id go with tackle.
And a pie...
El_Jairo

Post   Posted: Nov 17, 2005 - 14:18 Reply with quote Back to top

ok, I see, it is best to keep the same development pattern as for normal blitzers: dodge, tackle, side step, leap.

I just thought that there would be an alternative for strength upgraded blitzers. But you just have to treat him like any other blitzer, who is just a little stronger.
 Jump to: