33 coaches online • Server time: 08:24
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post New Gnones vs Old Gn...goto Post Custom Icon, Portrai...goto Post All Star Bowl!
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Markus

Post   Posted: Nov 18, 2005 - 09:26 Reply with quote Back to top

thx for all the advices. i dont want to give him claw even if it is the obvious choice, as i need someone who is able to cause cas (desperatly). my main reason is that claw will make him age a lot faster, and there surly will be guys who turn down games if they see such a threat to their teams existance (i once run into this guy, http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=player&player_id=2253259 , who caused 7 cas against my we team). by the way he is lacking tackle. as long as he doesnt get niggles from ageing i think i can keep him injuryfree, which to me is a lot more important than getting him to legendary status. he is usefull as he is now and i want to keep it that way Wink . unfortunatly Shocked he got the mvp in the last game and therefore rolled a double at 51 spp (ageing he rolled a 12, would have been pissed if he rolled the 12 for his skill roll Wink ).
horns and two heads would be usefull for breaking cages, but inside a cage is the last place i'd like to leave this guy at the end of my turn. tentacles and guard are nice as well but only usefull if he ends up in the tacklezone of an opposing player and this is not good either as blitzing or blocking my guy will be a lot easier. Spikes wont help much keeping him alive as it can be easily denied by bringing in one more assist for the unavoidable foul.
so now im undecided between frenzy, VLL and FA which all have pros and cons.

Post   Posted: Nov 18, 2005 - 09:33 Reply with quote Back to top

VLL have a limited use if he's not going to be a OTS or a int. machine. FA has limited uses as well. While obstructing the opposing ball play is nice, he's a threat enough as it is against opposing catchers lurking around and you shouldn't really put him in a position to be blocked on a regular basis anyway.

As I said FA is nice, but it's better on someone immobile or someone who doesn't have the potential to be as great a blitzer as this guy.

Go Frenzy, pressure that cage down the sidelines and the opponent will never feel safe again!

PS. Also increases your bashing potential in a less obvious manner than claw without accumulating cas at an alarming pace, that means he's going to hog up SPPs and age or just take up too much of your TR/TS.

That's my 2 cents for now.
Smess

Post   Posted: Nov 18, 2005 - 09:36 Reply with quote Back to top

After giving it some thought, I woud definatly go for spikes.
Why ?
Well, at the moment, his armour is his ONLY weak point.
9 4 4 8 are stats you can only dream about normally (and he already has blodge).
I don't think he needs hitting power that badly, I would personally care more about his survival.

Play with him the way AFK_eagle pointed out, that way he won't get hit frequently, and if he will, AV7 or AV8 makes a huge difference (most of the times). A blodger with AV7 is still more likely to get hurt than a player with AV8 without skills !
And there are things to do to make sure he won't get fouled heavily as well: Keep your gutter closely surrounded by other players of your team, so if he goes down, the other coach can give very few foul assists. AV8 will make a difference then. Target the other guys DP at all times you can, and if your gutter goes stunned, forget about the ball and put your whole team around him to protect him Smile

Pray to the gods that he won't age at his next skill, give him tackle, and he will be pretty much complete.
Firesky

Post   Posted: Nov 18, 2005 - 09:47 Reply with quote Back to top

i would still suggest to take the claw and play in AFK_Eagle´s way... not only to get some cas but to clean the pitch... it will win u games...
you would play him like a werwolf... blitz and hide... no cage breaker cause this would make him vulnerable... but to get rid off those lonely standing bugger... it would be perfect... next skills would be tackle or RSC. Regarding your team you need a bashing machine...

If u play this way, you don´t need spikes or fa. He won´t go down (except for that thrown rock Cool )

Frenzy is a skill which could be superb but also sometimes worse... it will bring him into positions where you don´t want him to be.

And you really don´t need VLL with two MV10 runners...

Post   Posted: Nov 18, 2005 - 10:19 Reply with quote Back to top

An st4 ag4 guy cant get any wrong skills further simply because whatever he does, he does it tip-top. Especially with ma9. But anyone with an average sense of taste will try to foul this player to death, so your skill choice is not a long term decision.
torsoboy

Post   Posted: Nov 18, 2005 - 10:23 Reply with quote Back to top

angelface wrote:
An st4 ag4 guy cant get any wrong skills further simply because whatever he does, he does it tip-top. Especially with ma9. But anyone with an average sense of taste will try to foul this player to death, so your skill choice is not a long term decision.

so you might as well go with Claw in my opinion! Very Happy
Curro

Post   Posted: Nov 18, 2005 - 10:52 Reply with quote Back to top

Any decision made Markus?
Slick

Post   Posted: Nov 18, 2005 - 11:13 Reply with quote Back to top

Spikes is a waste for a player who will rarely be knocked down, VLL is not neccessary for him on your already speedy agile team, give him Foul Appearance, it's the only thing that makes sense. He will be harder to block and more effective on defence which is what his purpose has become. Horns is not a horrible choice either, but has limited uses. The best option is still Claw, and it's a shame you don't want to take it.

Post   Posted: Nov 18, 2005 - 11:54 Reply with quote Back to top

Markus wrote:
so now im undecided between frenzy, VLL and FA which all have pros and cons.

With Frenzy you need to follow every block which means that he might gets in places you don't want him to be (like Firesky said). Frenzy will be the skill that will make you not blitz in moments that you would normaly blitz without it. Also it will not help you play the "hit and run" game because after a blitz it will cost you 1 movement to retreat in a succesful blitz and 2 movement and 1 (or more) dodge if you don't bring down your opponent.

Between VLL and FA, VLL is the best for the "hit and run" game as 1 more movement at his blitzing range will make a deference and your life easier.

Last edited by Captain1821 on %b %18, %2005 - %13:%Nov; edited 1 time in total
Arcon

Post   Posted: Nov 18, 2005 - 12:42 Reply with quote Back to top

Hmm, Two heads is not only good for getting into cages, but also through lines of defence and out of dangerous places.

Of your 3, I´d take Frenzy. Captain is right, sometimes it is not good to have it, but I came to like it, if used carefully. It offers crowdpush possiblilities and gives you just another 2d block if the first rolled only push backs. Frenzy is worse on a RO without Block.
Used with sense it can really help a lot (I like my Witch elves), although at some blocks/blitzes you will be forced to use another player instead.
Melmoth

Post   Posted: Nov 18, 2005 - 12:45 Reply with quote Back to top

Think Claw is the best solution but also the most boring, I prefer that spike-thing cause it will keep him a while for uWink
Captain1821

Post   Posted: Nov 18, 2005 - 13:35 Reply with quote Back to top

We should not forget that one more reason to take VLL is that gives +1 to the D6 for interception attempts.

Post   Posted: Nov 18, 2005 - 13:54 Reply with quote Back to top

Curro wrote:
Any decision made Markus?

Not yet, I wonder if he keeps the computer on all the time, or what's going on`?

Post   Posted: Nov 18, 2005 - 13:55 Reply with quote Back to top

I agree in the reasoning not to try to get spp's to this guy, as you want to keep him for as long as possible and claw is counterproductive in this sense. Horns don't sound too shabby, especially if you ever enter a hard-fought tourney like the FUMBBL cup etc... then you need all the strength on one blitzer that you can get.. Most of my skaven matches lost vs. orcs/chaos/ etc.. in tourneys have happened because I've lacked a strong enough blitzer to bypass all that guard... Dauntless & Horns don't help as you might be up against st 3 but have to contend with one or 2 guards. Of your choices I would not take frenzy, I agree with Captain's and others' view on this matter. VLL is not bad, any movement increase is actually very good as you can pressure the backfield of a bashy team nicely (and even that lonesome elf thrower) with him. Take horns, VLL or F.A. (for extra protection + defensive capabilities. Not CLAW, as you want to keep this monster around 76+ spp's. Yarr! The only bad thing with this player is that I didn't get a rattus rattus like that. Good luck!

Last edited by ankkh on %b %18, %2005 - %14:%Nov; edited 1 time in total
Telcontar

Post   Posted: Nov 18, 2005 - 13:57 Reply with quote Back to top

VLL is a waste here. You have 2 MV 10 Gutters already if they roll a double they will get the VLL

FA is good if you use him as a defence blitzer cose even if you fail the oppos catcher will get - on his catch and he will survive 16% longer for him not getting blocked/blitzed

frenzy is the second choice if you use him as def blitzer (not on offence)

Claw would be the option for an offensive blitzer

But actualy you should choose the follwing enhancements in any order -AG -ST -MA -MA n n n to make him a triple niggled lino rat