37 coaches online • Server time: 00:12
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post killing by fun?goto Post Pact/Renegades metagoto Post Raising a Thrall wit...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
should gamefinder and irc be implemented as the same
yes
46%
 46%  [ 15 ]
no
53%
 53%  [ 17 ]
Total Votes : 32

Balkir

Post   Posted: Nov 18, 2005 - 17:43 Reply with quote Back to top

I was just wondering if any other think it's damn annoying when coaches put their teams on gamfinder, but at the same time isn't anywherre to be found on irc.
Therefore if other thinks the same maybe we could implement into gamefinder, that in order to have ur teams on gamfinder u also need to be registered as being logged on to irc ?

Balkir
Macavity

Post   Posted: Nov 18, 2005 - 17:45 Reply with quote Back to top

No, I don't find it annoying. I never use gamefinder, just lfg and someone grabs it eventually. Your idea doesn't sound bad, in theory, though.

Post   Posted: Nov 18, 2005 - 17:50 Reply with quote Back to top

I would like if they made it so, that if you had teams on gamefinder and you loged off, your teams would auto be removed from gamefinder.
sk8bcn

Post   Posted: Nov 18, 2005 - 18:14 Reply with quote Back to top

what about those that can't use the Irc?

Post   Posted: Nov 18, 2005 - 18:16 Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah, Balkir... some can't connect to IRC for various reasons, and they (poor guys...) are forced to use gamefinder and PMs to arrange a match.

ps: sk8bcn, please shorten your signature, I am sure the Asian Dub Foundation would understand... Very Happy

Post   Posted: Nov 18, 2005 - 18:23 Reply with quote Back to top

great hail to Jan

Post   Posted: Nov 18, 2005 - 18:33 Reply with quote Back to top

It would be useful if the gamefinder listed whether or not a coach was online on irc, but I don't think making it mandatory to use irc is a good idea. It simply adds another barrier to using FumBBL. Whilst it's convenient for irc users, it's very inconvenient for people who can't access irc for a multitude of reasons (ports being blocked etc).

Post   Posted: Nov 18, 2005 - 18:38 Reply with quote Back to top

Do Asian Dub Foundation and Freaky Fuckin´Weirdoz have the same singer? They sound very similar.
Thomcat

Post   Posted: Nov 18, 2005 - 23:31 Reply with quote Back to top

sk8bcn wrote:

there is the java web chat (that is irc)

And who can play java blood bowl without java ?

On top of this I think some of the problem is the following:

1) no "remove teams from gamefinder" irc command (that would help on some of it)

2) Fumbbl should decrease the time teams stay on gamefinder (without actions from coach - aka refresh gamefinder). 15 minutes is more than enough.

Last edited by Thomcat on %b %18, %2005 - %23:%Nov; edited 1 time in total
Macavity

Post   Posted: Nov 18, 2005 - 23:32 Reply with quote Back to top

I can clap with one hand, so, you never know....

Post   Posted: Nov 18, 2005 - 23:52 Reply with quote Back to top

the_grand_wazoo wrote:
Do Asian Dub Foundation and Freaky Fuckin´Weirdoz have the same singer? They sound very similar.

ADF changed their singers during the lasts albums. Is Freaky Fuckin' Weirdoz a good group?

Post   Posted: Nov 18, 2005 - 23:55 Reply with quote Back to top

RoD wrote:
I would like if they made it so, that if you had teams on gamefinder and you loged off, your teams would auto be removed from gamefinder.

HALLELUJA!

Am so tired of people putting their teams on the gamefinder only to leave 5 mins later 'cause of whatever reason they leave, but without removing their teams.

About as annoying as people who leave their teams on the gamefinder allthough they aren't looking for a game... Wink
macike

Post   Posted: Nov 19, 2005 - 00:04 Reply with quote Back to top

Thomcat wrote:
sk8bcn wrote:

there is the java web chat (that is irc)

And who can play java blood bowl without java ?

You're wrong.

What's the difference what IRC client you use if irc.fumbbl.com:6667 is not responding?

It's different problem.

Post   Posted: Nov 19, 2005 - 01:08 Reply with quote Back to top

The point being that some people are connecting from cmoputers that have port 6667 blocked, and they have no control over the firewall that is blocking them.

an IRC indicator on the gamefinder page would be very handy -- it lets you know immediately how you can contact the person. Really, it just saves you trying to find them in IRC if they aren't there... I reckon we need some input from the people that would be affected though -- i.e. those who can't connect to IRC.

The tricky thing to implement (I think) would be some sort of indicator that shows whether a coach is in IRC or not. In order to do that, the fumbbl database would need to be updated every time someone joins or leaves the IRC server. Maybe this is easy, but i suspect there is a reasonable amount of work involved.

MrMojo

Post   Posted: Nov 19, 2005 - 06:57 Reply with quote Back to top

It's annoying when gamefinder dudes can't be found from the chat, but it's not really that big of a problem. I'm not losing any sleep because of that.

Jump to: