35 coaches online • Server time: 08:49
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post New Gnones vs Old Gn...goto Post Custom Icon, Portrai...goto Post All Star Bowl!
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
grandw

Post   Posted: Nov 19, 2005 - 12:53 Reply with quote Back to top

than watch somebody stall the whole halftime, without any of my players on the field....

Or wait for somebody who´s playing two games at once, until he has the grace to make some moves....

Last two games in ranked weren´t fun Mad
sk8bcn

Post   Posted: Nov 19, 2005 - 13:15 Reply with quote Back to top

I can waste my time better though. I can do sports.

This is the topic where you list all you can do instead of playing bloodbowl!

Post   Posted: Nov 19, 2005 - 13:40 Reply with quote Back to top

One of the most popular ways of wasting time is to write inspiring forum posts!
Fama

Post   Posted: Nov 19, 2005 - 13:56 Reply with quote Back to top

Stalling is a valid tactic in my eyes (if he helps you win the game). A few times I could have stalled, but scored instead... and lost. Or drew. If you don't like it, try gangfouling his players so he stops. Or try to harass the ballcarrier. Or concede. Your call.
thesquig

Post   Posted: Nov 19, 2005 - 13:56 Reply with quote Back to top

Waste your time doing something else then. At the end of the day, whining in the forums will only make it worse.

MrMojo

Post   Posted: Nov 19, 2005 - 14:46 Reply with quote Back to top

People show what they're thinking and how they're thinking when they speak or write, and frankly, I'm not very impressed by this thread. I'm not very impressed by my threads either, if that's any consolation.

Post   Posted: Nov 19, 2005 - 16:18 Reply with quote Back to top

MrMojo wrote:
I'm not very impressed by this thread.

I am sometimes. at these moments I hide under my desk, cry a bit, gather courage and then post.

Post   Posted: Nov 19, 2005 - 16:27 Reply with quote Back to top

It's my wife's birthday today. I will not be playing fumbbl tonight, as trying to make it a happy one is a much better thing to do. She got really bad whiplash when the car was rear-ended on Thursday, so anything I can manage.... I bought her Season 2 of M.A.S.H. on DVD, and am commited (to myself) to massage her sore neck as much as she wants... I should probably pick up some flowers on my way home from work, as well...

Post   Posted: Nov 19, 2005 - 16:55 Reply with quote Back to top

I don't know, I'm torn on this one. I'm all for stalling if it will win you a game or prevent you from losing.

But on the other hand, I think it's outright loserific to stall for the entire game when your opponent has nobody on the field to threaten you anymore and has absolutely no chance of winning.

I mean, what's the point?
Optihut

Post   Posted: Nov 19, 2005 - 17:02 Reply with quote Back to top

The point is that after a touchdown the other guy can set up his players again. Stalling when no one is on the pitch should only take a few seconds and then the 8 turns are over - so the "Oh I am wasting so much time!" argument is invalid, imho.

Happy Birthday to Macavity's wife!
Arktoris

Post   Posted: Nov 19, 2005 - 17:04 Reply with quote Back to top

learning to play guitar or speak Mexican.

Post   Posted: Nov 19, 2005 - 17:05 Reply with quote Back to top

That´s what happened. Ithink some people forget that they are playing against another human, not the computer. He would have won the game anyway, besides he could score a LOT of TDs against my torn up team, so he did not, cause i conceded before the ht was over. I have no problem with loosing, or getting 6TDS, but I hate stalling! People, score if you can, wait for one or two turns np, but do not stall the whole game and take apart whats left from the opponent, thats VERY contraproductive.
It can´t be fun to win like that. It´s like beating the other team on the way to the shower after the game Smile

I was so fed up, I had to post.

Last edited by grandw on %b %19, %2005 - %17:%Nov; edited 1 time in total
Topper

Post   Posted: Nov 19, 2005 - 17:08 Reply with quote Back to top

Hehe
I just wasted about 2 minutes reading this forum Wink
Oh yeah and congratz to the frau Mac.
Macavity

Post   Posted: Nov 19, 2005 - 17:12 Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks boys! I'm sure the wife will be happy to know that two random geeks on the 'net wish her well. Wink

Post   Posted: Nov 20, 2005 - 13:34 Reply with quote Back to top

Macavity wrote:
Thanks boys! I'm sure the wife will be happy to know that two random geeks on the 'net wish her well. Wink

LOL! Make that 3 random geeks Very Happy

Btw, telling her might make her more fumbbl-happy Wink
 Jump to: